Team Voice

HR is starting to make noise about the upcoming team voice. Walking around more than usual, asking us to answer soecific questions to help them get ahead of the coming storm once we have access to the actual survey. Hmmm , let me think. Merit raises were shit, many of our LWW are overpaid now because they do not understand basic business concepts, no one is held accountable for not doing their jobs, or even held to basic attendance standards. Although to be fair many of the promoted LWW and merits were not really capable of performing the jobs they were given, so there’s that. For a lot of them, they cannot, while others will not - yes there is a difference - follow even the basics of their job descriptions. AND NOW, hours are being cut across the building, so those of us that do fully understand the job will not have enough hours to actually do everything that needs done. And let’s roll out the trainer program, promoting even more into higher pay grades right now, when there is a hiring freeze And no one coming in to train. What a waste of money. I for one cannot wait to give them my opinion.

I quit a couple years ago after working nearly a decade in a DC. Don't know what "Team Voice" is, but if it's anything like the annual surveys they used to have everyone do, Target doesn't care. Just an opportunity for TMs to blow hot air.

TM & OM/GL quality started faltering about 5-6 years ago. Adding all these merit positions (ICQA, TL, Problem Solver, etc.) is just a desperate attempt by Target to correct poor workmanship and gradually replace OMs with dumbass loyalists/ass kissers who are suddenly made to feel important and will do what used to be an OM's job for a lot less pay.

How is it several years ago we could move more freight with significantly smaller teams, higher quality, 1-2 GLs per department per shift, no dumbass ICQA bumbling around without a clue, 1-2 trainers, and no TLs?

At least at my DC, I blame a lot of it on OMs that had no real leadership skills getting promoted to senior positions and hiring new OMs straight out of college with zero industry or life experience. When I started, majority of managers were in their late thirties and up, age wise. When I left, the majority were early twenties and had little mentorship from more experienced management.

I quit a couple years ago after working nearly a decade in a DC. Don't know what "Team Voice" is, but if it's anything like the annual surveys they used to have everyone do, Target doesn't care. Just an opportunity for TMs to blow hot air.

TM & OM/GL quality started faltering about 5-6 years ago. Adding all these merit positions (ICQA, TL, Problem Solver, etc.) is just a desperate attempt by Target to correct poor workmanship and gradually replace OMs with dumbass loyalists/ass kissers who are suddenly made to feel important and will do what used to be an OM's job for a lot less pay.

How is it several years ago we could move more freight with significantly smaller teams, higher quality, 1-2 GLs per department per shift, no dumbass ICQA bumbling around without a clue, 1-2 trainers, and no TLs?

At least at my DC, I blame a lot of it on OMs that had no real leadership skills getting promoted to senior positions and hiring new OMs straight out of college with zero industry or life experience. When I started, majority of managers were in their late thirties and up, age wise. When I left, the majority were early twenties and had little mentorship from more experienced management.

at my building i wouldnt say they didnt care. usually whenever a om was widely disliked and the survey came around, knowing they received a terrible rating, they were shipped out soon after. sometimes it may have been coincidence hell if i know. but it seemed to always happen.

Screw the pizza, I would be happy if they fixed the toilets! Seems like every restroom I go in has someone sleeping on the only functional toilet and the other ones are wrapped with a bag because it's indefinitely out of order...

heck yes!! here we had two teams of housekeeping or two companies i guess through covid. they paid some girls to walk around looking lazy all day half heartedly wiping down equipment. anyway, they a few months ago let the more diligent of the two teams was let go, post covid less housekeeping needed i suppose in theory, and they kept the bad housekeeping team, besides now theres half as many. now they really barely clean the bathrooms if at all. often no soap in dispensers, never clean the toilets on my key, no paper towels half the time, it's nuts and they do nothing. but target is all about safety??

Screw the pizza, I would be happy if they fixed the toilets! Seems like every restroom I go in has someone sleeping on the only functional toilet and the other ones are wrapped with a bag because it's indefinitely out of order...
💯

Back