TeamVoice Survey

You absolutely can opt out. Just don’t take it. Unless your store is grabbing you and standing there watching to make sure you do it or something. We are to just mention the survey to people and hope for as much participation as possible.
Personally I don’t know why people don’t do the survey. It’s a chance to voice your opinion on matters. Maybe you’ll see change maybe you won’t. Yes sometimes they have been able to narrow down the groups unhappy. But if you are unhappy about something why wouldn’t you want to voice it and hope to see change. However you can’t just use it as a “bitch-fest”. If you have legitimate complaints be prepared to back them up as to why. Don’t like your leader, why? Can’t be just cause they make you work.
Change happened at my store a few years ago. There must have been a question somehow related to the HR ETL (she was fresh out of school and so naive yet thought she knew everything) because that was a subject brought up in the next group chat (remember those?). I spoke to the STL about it on the side because practically no one spoke up during the chat and I figured they deserved to know what TMs were saying. That HR person wasn't around much longer after those survey results came down.

Not sure if it’s still the same but it used to be that the survey was done by a 3rd party company. Answers go to them and they compile the results to send back to the district and stores. Management was still able to narrow down some stuff to certain groups however they couldn’t view actual answers from TM’s. We have a checklist too but I know team members that lied and said they took it but didn’t. Personally while you do log in for it I feel it’s more anonymous then before. Questions used to ask if you were a TM or Lead and work center. Was on POG a long time ago and when it was only 4 tms it was pretty easy for them to narrow it down to us. But I also don’t answer anything on the survey that I’m not willing and able to back up and defend if brought to me.
It doesn’t ask what your position is or workcenter because it already knows from your profile.

That was one of my comments, target always telling they are making record profits while in reviews we get told there isn't money for raises. So who is lying? Cause we, your employees are the reason you have a business and we kept that business running while the world shut down.

Neither are lying. Record profits go to shareholders and execs. Yay, capitalism.

Has any store had "team member appreciation day" right before the survey? They used to do that at my old store. I guess I should not complain, so we get nothing at the grocery I work for now.

I agree with Commie,. My ETL hasn't even told any of the GM TMs to take the survey and my TL has been on vacation so she certainly hasn't shares it either. I am a bit surprised our SD hasn't done a storewide call out on the walkie though; he must be scared of the results too. 😆

Here too. Usually we get reminded and hounded relentlessly to do it.

This year?

A sign that said something like, maybe, if you guys have time and aren’t too busy, could you please fill out the survey went up at the time clock yesterday.

I think they already know TMs aren’t aren’t happy and are looking for ways to show they (Mgt) care without the actual caring part.

People they think might be positive are being quietly reminded to take it. Nothing is being said by leadership to other TMs.

For those of you who filled out something in the boxes where you could write. Have you noted any changes? I wrote that there was very little praise ever given. In the last few weeks about 30 of those you make target cards were written on and put on the once empty bulletin board. I don't know if there is any correlation, but I do wonder if there is!

Good because the idea of such a quick turn around bothered me. Can higher level people see anything or hear anything?

Has anyone else with email access get a link to take a slightly shorter version of the survey. I rarely check my email anymore since my demotion but I’ll clean it out when I think about it and I received the email on Monday. I took it today before leaving.

Last edited:
Haha anyone else with email access for a link to take a slightly shorter version of the survey. I rarely check my email anymore since my demotion but I’ll clean it out when I think about it and I received the email on Monday. I took it today before leaving.
Yep, 3 months in a row... I think that's what clued them into the morale problem company wide.

i get the teamvoice survey requests like once every 3 months
TL+ and HQ will get randomly selected for surveys once a quarter. There's some other factors involved that might make you get one more often but HQ considers it internal info. The annual one is, well, annual.

Has anyone heard about any results come back yet? I've heard that my store's results were horrible across all departments regarding management and leadership, which shouldn't be a surprise considering all the complaining I've done on here.

Before the pandemic we got a bad survey and district leaders made visits every single week for all of 2019. Looks like that will be happening again. I heard our district leader is pretty unhappy with our store.

Back