Archived Tell me about a time....

Status
Not open for further replies.
when a STL, ETL or TL tried to make your life miserable?
an STL hold me accountable for red cards %, tm names not showing in the survey, and other bs metrics that had nothing to do with logistics. !! I was the only tl closing and was leading HL,Sl, logistics and backroom.

Actually in my store it would be much harder to find instances when the leadership team didn't try to make my life miserable. Most of us try desperately to engage any guest within shouting distance than be anywhere near an ETL or TL.

Personally they've never attempted to make me miserable, but I've seen them do it to many people around me. Instead of moving said employee to cashier, or cart attendant, both positions said tm clearly despises, they nitpick the shit out of their performance. "You need to step up your vibe", "your zoning needs serious improvement", "your buttcrack is visible to the guest every time you bend down to zone" (yes, that seriously happened), "you're not culling enough", "you're not meeting time constraints", "the last three guests have complained about your cake designs"... I could go on and on. Instead of addressing real issues and attempting to find a better fit for the trained employee, Target will "simply" performance them out. In quotes, because it takes a LOT of time, depending on how much criticism the employee can stomach. And, if you're a "target" of this nitpicking, make sure you are minding your p's and q's and not breaking compliance rules - they are all over that like white on rice.

Don't think my STL has ever even spoken to me. Nothing with any content anyway. She's said hello, asked me how my day was, (though not in the serious sense, just a "How's it going?" followed by walking away, just enough time to respond, "Good, and you?"), and asked me for help at the service desk the few times she's attempted to work at it and stumbled along hopelessly.

Rarely speak to the ETL's, but all are friendly in the very limited interaction we have.

It's actually just the GSTL and one of our Sr. TL's that ever actually get on my nerves aside from the ETL-HR, who is still polite to my face, but just seems to not give a shit about many TM's wants or needs.

You mean like the time our old STL refused to speak to me for like a month? It was so awkward, other TMs noticed it. He came into the break room one day, and I asked him how his vacation was. He looked and spoke to the other TM in the room like she was the one that asked the question and I wasn't even there. It made for loads of fun when he was closing LOD and I was closing GSA. I mean, why should the only two leaders in the building actually speak to each other?

This is what happens when Spot insists on having all of these ETLs and STLs who are in their 20s. On a very grand scale, that age group is such a drama magnet, that they don't know how to get past that yet and just do their job.

Last edited:
Had an ETL-GE that broke into tears at least 3 times a week. I felt like his nanny. I constantly had to tell him "he could do it". He used to rush to do Food Ave breaks and lunches so he could be away from dealing with the front end. He actually had a tummy ache on Black Friday and had to leave 45 minutes into opening. He had stressed himself out so bad he threw up. He was the single most waste of space ETL I have ever worked for. I did his job and mine and watching him take credit for front end scores, scorched my arse. He lasted less than 9 months. That was the longest 9 months of my tenure at Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back