Archived Terminated

Status
Not open for further replies.
When should I see my last paycheck? Will it be mailed to me, or do I have to pick it up at the store? What will happen with unused vacation time? I am devastated.

Your last check will typically be mailed to you but get with your HR because it could be different from store to store. It will be issued immediately so expect to see it in a week or two. Vacation time should be paid out depending on state laws.

This can vary depending upon which state you reside in. I’m speaking for CA, when we terminate, you are entitled to your Payout banks if you have been with Target for quite some time. Newer TMs do not accrue this time so typically you’ll just get your total hours worked. However I forgot exactly when we moved over to the new system of accruing hours. (It’s been a couple years)

In CA we have to issue final pay immediately. Meaning when we term someone we give the TM their final pay in cash on their last day worked. Even if you have direct deposit we cannot issue it that way either. We issue in cash.

If you do not pick up your pay at the store after 3 call attempts being made by HR then we convert it to a check and mail it off to the address on file.

Hope this helps.

Thought Target did away with that a few years ago??Made us use all our old payout vacation time before we could accumulate the new hence no payout.
Highly state dependent. In California, if you cap paid vacation time accrued, you still have to pay out expiring vacation time. It's earned compensation, and you can't withhold it.

When should I see my last paycheck? Will it be mailed to me, or do I have to pick it up at the store?

Answers will vary by state. Your HR Team will know the answer for your particular store. Some states require paying you out on the same day as your termination date which means that you are able to pick up your final pay at the store in cash form. Some states don't require same day termination pay so they just mail a check to your address (takes 0-2 weeks).

What will happen with unused vacation time? I am devastated.

Thought Target did away with that a few years ago??Made us use all our old payout vacation time before we could accumulate the new hence no payout.

Some states still need to pay out your vacation time regardless of whether the time is from the "payout" bank or not.

Please see below for more information:

Payout Hours.PNG

Someone missed the boat on the information on vacation time..."terminated for any reason, whether voluntary and involuntary".....You can't be terminated both voluntarily AND involuntary.
It should be written using the word "or."

When should I see my last paycheck? Will it be mailed to me, or do I have to pick it up at the store? What will happen with unused vacation time? I am devastated.
Sorry to hear this WW. I remember your post about your performance review not too long ago. I hope it was voluntary and had nothing to do with that, but either way I wish you the best :) there is always something better than Spot!

Unless your state requires vacation time be paid, Target can get away without paying since they do have a written policy about forfeiting all unused hours.
The states that are listed above are the states that require full payment when someone leaves their job.

I had thought that my state (Ohio) requires people get paid for all unused time....but I learned the truth about losing pay......looks like Target can screw you legally!

My last paycheck was direct deposited like normal on the normal pay day (though my last day was the end of the pay period). I used my vacation up before my last day since I’m not in a state that requires it to be paid out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back