Archived Thank you, But no thank you, OK Maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinallyFamous

DazedNconfuzed
Can you pass interviews for TL position but not get the job? Like will they still sign off that all though they passed, you are still TL material?

So I was approached by my ETL, SrTL, and STL about becoming TL. There was an opening and I said yes was interested so they immediately that same week started having me lead and mentoring me. 2 weeks later was told to put in application for position. Week later did interview with hrETL and my STL. Both gave positive feedback however I already knew I wouldn't get the position because of the way my STL was talking they were really really taking their time to interview other people especially outside because they really wanted to get the best understandable because my store is really troubled and now that I thk of it it was a blessing I didn't get it because it would've been nightmare for me to lead in that store. But still all my leaders have before and after the process been very encouraging and still even after hiring the new TL looked to me to continue to help and even still be backup TL for the new one .

Can you pass interviews for TL position but not get the job? Like will they still sign off that all though they passed, you are still TL material?

So I was approached by my ETL, SrTL, and STL about becoming TL. There was an opening and I said yes was interested so they immediately that same week started having me lead and mentoring me. 2 weeks later was told to put in application for position. Week later did interview with hrETL and my STL. Both gave positive feedback however I already knew I wouldn't get the position because of the way my STL was talking they were really really taking their time to interview other people especially outside because they really wanted to get the best understandable because my store is really troubled and now that I thk of it it was a blessing I didn't get it because it would've been nightmare for me to lead in that store. But still all my leaders have before and after the process been very encouraging and still even after hiring the new TL looked to me to continue to help and even still be backup TL for the new one .
That sucks that they went with someone outside . Since you already know the store and the new process . However if you didn’t get to interview with the dtl( district leader) it is safe to say you didn’t get the position. In my experience I never applied for the position I was offered and then they prep me for the dtl. I’m sorry you didn’t get it.

You are most likely on the bench. You should have a talk with your TL and ask specifically if you are. Modernization will most likely add TLs to the stores, so ask what you can do to be promoted when that happens.

He would have to at least do the interview with the district leader to be on the bench.

Not in my district.
This. I didn’t interview with the DTL, just ETL HR, and an ‘interview’ with the STL which basically was a ‘congratulations, I already wrote your training schedule, ETL HR will sit down with you to discuss pay’. SrTL promotions have interview prep with the STL then an interview with the DTL

This. I didn’t interview with the DTL, just ETL HR, and an ‘interview’ with the STL which basically was a ‘congratulations, I already wrote your training schedule, ETL HR will sit down with you to discuss pay’. SrTL promotions have interview prep with the STL then an interview with the DTL
I had one with my immediate etl , etl hr, stl and then the dtl .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back