Archived Thanks, Sandy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We sold out of flash lights, DD batteries, and we were getting EXTREMELY low on water. Today was a nightmare that felt like it was never going to end!

I was closing on register, and I had to do a little bit of shopping after I was done (the GSA was kind enough to wait for me). When I got back to the back wall of market, there were still a lot of cases of water left, but only 2 24-packs of Poland Spring. I bought one of them.

I honestly don't think we sold out of anything, though we did get a lot of guests who were "preparing for the storm." Supposedly, the worst my area will get is snow, but who knows at this point.

It was the first shift I genuinely felt stressed about the job: they wanted so much from us and i didn't think it was going to get done... They put me in E, which I don't know... So I felt useless back there! On top of that: the reshop never ended and i was literally helping guests every ten minutes from 12:45 to 9:30 so had very little time to work. My TL's advice: "work faster." Boy that was encouraging! (Sigh)

The two walmarts in my area ran out of water last night and I called Pepsi and Coke to see what they had to inventory on water. Coke was out, Pepsi had three pallets for our area...... Guess whom got those three pallets, thats right my store did!!!!!!! The walmarts in the area are still out of stock as pepsi and coke can't get replenished due to Sandy.... Suckers....

Saturday night we were sold out of water bread eggs all sizes of water D & AA batteries and by Sunday I know this may sound a Lil odd but we were sold out of all tide laundry soap

Our chip aisle was empty..hurricane party!

We had a family sitting on chairs in "D" reading books... I was like, "WTF?" And one lady came rushing in and when I told her we don't have any flashlights or batteries left, she laughed and said, " I don't care about that, but I can't go two days w/o coffee!" Oh, I love awesome guests! Yesterday was a breeze... our store was basically dead so we just kind of half-assed zoned and hung around the store staying away from the LOD and other manager type people...aka... the "older people."

Saturday night we were sold out of water bread eggs all sizes of water D & AA batteries and by Sunday I know this may sound a Lil odd but we were sold out of all tide laundry soap

Maybe they will appease the gods to take back Hurricane Sandy by performing a ritual that involves Tide laundry detergent?

The Greatland by my house didn't have Cascade Pacs.. just the gel and powder.

I don't live near the East Coast though.

We had very little left in the way of water, flashlights, and D batteries, but my store is at the opposite end of New York. All we got was continuous rain with occasionally heavy winds, but people still went crazy and the schools got closed. :rolleyes:

Out of batteries, flashlights, car phone chargers, fire logs, extension cords, bread sells out by the end of day after the vendor come in.
We still don't have power so our freezers and produce are gone.
People come in just to get out of the house.

Out of batteries, flashlights, car phone chargers, fire logs, extension cords, bread sells out by the end of day after the vendor come in.
We still don't have power so our freezers and produce are gone.
People come in just to get out of the house.
You are safe, that is what matters the most.

We haven't taken a truck in over a week. It's starting to look rough. PFresh is totally cleared out since we lost power. 1099'd all of our food in cafe/pfresh. Sucks!

You bet. Even cafe had the dining room totally scrubbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back