Archived Thanksgiving Abbreviations

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
Anyone wanna throw some out there or take a guess at what others might mean?
I’m marked as Hardlines with a shifttag of ‘MC’. Any guesses? Obviously I can ask leadership but speculating is fun.

Meat cooler is what first comes to mind, but it’s obvioisly not that... unless we’re having a Minecraft station or special on Thanksgiving night?

Anyone wanna throw some out there or take a guess at what others might mean?
I’m marked as Hardlines with a shifttag of ‘MC’. Any guesses? Obviously I can ask leadership but speculating is fun.

Meat cooler is what first comes to mind, but it’s obvioisly not that... unless we’re having a Minecraft station or special on Thanksgiving night?

If they are having people in front of the xbox bundles, mindcraft would make sense.

The first hour and a half I'm under LSA? And the role APS. My HR said it's not a line greeter or anything, but I am helping my asset protection monitor the lines. Does anyone know what these stand for and what the is typically expected of this role? (I'm excited either way to work with my asset protection!)

The first hour and a half I'm under LSA? And the role APS. My HR said it's not a line greeter or anything, but I am helping my asset protection monitor the lines. Does anyone know what these stand for and what the is typically expected of this role? (I'm excited either way to work with my asset protection!)

You’re probably making sure guests don’t cut or skip lines. Expect to be directing guests to open cashiers

I am scheduled under Electronics on thanksgiving night with a shift label of VGS and I asked the team lead of electronics what it meant and he told me that he didn't even know... They also have me coming in at 4:45 when the store opens at 5 PM, I feel I should get more than 15 minutes before the store opens

I’m assuming MLA is mobile line ambassador (massive face palm) can’t wait to see which one of our iimconfident TM will be doing activations

My store likes to forego the abbreviations on BF and put everyone that’s not in their normal work center as “Inventory”. Last year I was selling TVs instead of doing Ship from Store which I was not happy with.

LSA= line service ambassador. Hand out red card brochures, tv door buster vouchers, store maps before the store opens. Once open, they’ll probably have you direct the line inside (think speedweaving if you’re at the start, and just trying to get people to grasp the concepts of following the leader and not cutting in line if you’re the moving end-of-the-line marker).

Thanks! I know once we open they have me doing service desk doing the tv ticket thing and whatever else will come with that. Last year I was one of the front end crowd leaders, getting the groups to the appropriate cashiers (I don't recall the actual name, oh well). So while I did enjoy managing that and the rush that came with it, I'm happy to finally see the service desk area of this. In years past, I've been a cashier for both front end and electronics (apple products). Being my fifth Black Thursday, it's nice to see something different.

Any idea what APL means? I’m a hardlines TL but in the Kronos app I see an APL for Thanksgiving shift

How about shift tags BRK and FL listed next to 2 separate shifts? Supposed to be self checkout for both shifts.

Any idea what APL means? I’m a hardlines TL but in the Kronos app I see an APL for Thanksgiving shift

It means your in charge of Apple either behind the counter handing the Electronics Cashiers the correct Apple Product the guest wants or the front of the Apple Only Line letting the Tm who is behind the counter know what to grab for the next guest in line. If your store followed the Q4 guide for how to set up the Cage then you should be all good if not then it be like my store 7 years ago when many “wrong products” were handed out and that was before I took it over to where ours anyone could understand the cage esp when I’m on break or lunch lol

They put me as cashier "DLS" or was it "DSL" ? I'm not usually a cashier unless they need help up there, so really not looking forward to a whole shift of it. Nope...

I just asked last night as I have FLT and MC marked on my schedule. MC is for MyCheckout, you’ll be in charge of the device. So not looking forward to that... We have like 2 for the entire store 🤦🏻‍♀️

I just asked last night as I have FLT and MC marked on my schedule. MC is for MyCheckout, you’ll be in charge of the device. So not looking forward to that... We have like 2 for the entire store 🤦🏻‍♀️
Rumor has it that most stores received at least two additional MyCheckouts. Whether they're set up or not is another matter.

ASANTS, but if it's anything like my store, take the shift tags with a grain of salt. According to my STL, district and above were requiring a certain number of each shift tag total to show coverage, but actual placement day-of is at the ETLs discretion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back