Archived Thanksgiving Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went on corporates website and the verbiage seemed confusing, in one paragraph it listed thanksgiving as time and a half pay but also within that same sentence said team members get premium holiday pay.

So which is it, is it time and a half or holiday premium, and what is that?

I’m aware either way it’s not necessarily OT because that day is still considered a holiday, correct?

This is from two years ago, but my records show it was the same for last year. Time and a half PLUS a $1 per hour incentive for Thanksgiving day, and if you worked 3+ hours between 10 pm - 8 am, an additional $1/hour for those hours.

Thank you, this was incredibly helpful

Okay maybe its because its midnight but this whole concept is going over my head. So normal pay at $12/hour would mean $18 at holiday pay. So would it be $19/hour on thanksgiving then $20 for 3+ hours worked between 10 pm- 8 am??

No it’s literally $1/hr. You’ll see a line item that says Holiday pay and you’ll get $8.

The time and a half is $18.

Idk about the overnight differential but I do know you must work 3+ hours, meaning 3:01 or more, to get that.

Okay maybe its because its midnight but this whole concept is going over my head. So normal pay at $12/hour would mean $18 at holiday pay. So would it be $19/hour on thanksgiving then $20 for 3+ hours worked between 10 pm- 8 am??

All hours worked Thanksgiving Day (12:01 am to 12:00 pm) are at time and a half. Assuming $12 regular, that becomes $18/hr.

the Thanksgiving differential was a separate line item at $1/hr.

Hours worked from 10pm Thurs to 8am Fri, IF MORE THAN 3 HRS, give you another separate line item on your pay stub with a $1/hr overnight differential.

Functionally, yes, that means that we get $19/hr to work Thanksgiving Day. If you're on the clock until at least 1am on Friday, then only the 2 hours from 10-midnight work out to $20/hr. But at midnight, the Thanksgiving bonuses run out, so any time on the clock after midnight goes back to your $12 base plus the $1 overnight differential.

And that's assuming they don't change the rules on us this year......

Why would you get paid time and a half on Thanksgiving from only 12 am to 12 pm Thanksgiving day? Shouldn't it be 12 am Thanksgiving to 12 am Black Friday?

Ok please do the math for me: I get paid $12.55 normally. I work Thanksgiving day 3:30 pm to 12 am Black Friday. What will I get paid ? Thanks...

I went on corporates website and the verbiage seemed confusing, in one paragraph it listed thanksgiving as time and a half pay but also within that same sentence said team members get premium holiday pay.

So which is it, is it time and a half or holiday premium, and what is that?

I’m aware either way it’s not necessarily OT because that day is still considered a holiday, correct?

Holiday Premium Pay is time-and-a-half. Everyone gets paid time-and-a-half instead of regular rate if they work on Thanksgiving Day. Thanksgiving holiday hours are only on Thursday from 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. Whether a TM also gets OT pay depends on state laws.

Last edited:
Why would you get paid time and a half on Thanksgiving from only 12 am to 12 pm Thanksgiving day? Shouldn't it be 12 am Thanksgiving to 12 am Black Friday?

Ok please do the math for me: I get paid $12.55 normally. I work Thanksgiving day 3:30 pm to 12 am Black Friday. What will I get paid ? Thanks...

3:30-12 is an 8 hour shift.
Holiday pay based on time and a half at 12.55/hr equals 18.83/hr
8x18.83=$150.60 earned Thanksgiving day

Really, no $1? That sucks. But guess what team? Jeans. The perfect perk and alternative to a bigger paycheck, don't you think?

Either way if you’re not working you get paid and if you do it’s time and a half. Okay I guess, when I was younger in retail I never really cared about working on thanksgiving I was all about the money. Now I have a family I’m sad this year about missing out on our traditions because I have to work more.

Not working on Thanksgiving. And I'm glad I'm not. Sure I can use a few extra bucks bv anyway it's going to get taken away in taxes. I'd rather not deal with stress from crowds thirsty for merchandise that will get returned two weeks later.

Corporate cuts again, only pay is in food.

they will pay you in free food in the break room.

Turns out that LEGO's are a bit more expensive than originally planned...

KzZIjHJ.jpg

b6CG9JD.jpg

EiHu608.jpg

it's meant to be upside down. You stand in front behind the chimney take a photo and turn that upside down on your phone,,,, now it looks like you are coming down the chimney!
Ohhhhh my store doesn't have this so that's why I was confused lol

Today in huddle they said we don't get time and a half for holidays now. Also no $1/hour bonus, and no shift differentials. So what's going on? Which is right? How fucked over are we getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back