Archived Thanksgiving! Whats your schedule like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall there being ANY other 1.5x days. There were a couple dollar incentive days.

Maybe it's just by store but we had a few weekends during nov and dec where we got time and a half or the extra buck an hour. Maybe they stopped it this year 🤷🏻‍♀️

Maybe it's just by store but we had a few weekends during nov and dec where we got time and a half or the extra buck an hour. Maybe they stopped it this year 🤷🏻‍♀️
They did stop it this year, each store will have one person win a 500 dollar gift card for themselves and one to give to a charity of their choosing, if they don't have any attendance issues between I think it's November 22nd and December 18th, and are in good standing at the time of the drawing. The store director will be informed of the winner by HQ. So instead of everyone getting a little piece of the pie, one person gets lucky

I'm not sure If I posted mine here or not, but....

Thanksgiving 7pm-3:30a
Black Friday 1pm-9:30pm
Saturday 6am-2:30pm

Wednesday (11/21): off
Thursday (Thxgvng): 4:30-11:30pm
Friday (Blk Fri): 5:00-9:00pm
Saturday (11/24): 12:30-9:00pm

Monday 11/12-Thanksgiving: Literally nothing
Black Friday: 5p-10p

Is this a normal thing for new TM's? I started about a month ago and I was told when I got my job offer that I would get a ton of hours the week of Black Friday. My store doesn't let us swap shifts next week, but I want to work - I will have only 5 hours on my next paycheck.

Last edited:
My schedule is like this:
Mon. 11/19: 7:00 PM to 12:00 AM
Tues. 11/20: Off
Wed. 11/21: 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM
Thurs. 11/22: 5:00 PM to 1:00 AM
Fri. 11/23 9:00 AM to 2:30 PM
Sat. 11/24 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM

The quick turnaround from Thanksgiving night to Black Friday is really going to kill me...

My schedule is like this:
Mon. 11/19: 7:00 PM to 12:00 AM
Tues. 11/20: Off
Wed. 11/21: 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM
Thurs. 11/22: 5:00 PM to 1:00 AM
Fri. 11/23 9:00 AM to 2:30 PM
Sat. 11/24 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM

The quick turnaround from Thanksgiving night to Black Friday is really going to kill me...

Welcome to the world of Clopening.

Can we work 40 hours plus thanksgiving day hours and it won’t hit the 40hours OT bar?
You should be able to do that. Although, I’m still waiting for my black friday shift to be approved and that will bring me up to 39.5 + my thanksgiving shift.

Last year they were giving out OT like it was candy. I was well into OT every week between Black Friday and Christmas and was being asked to stay/ come in more than I did. This year they’re vocal about no OT... may change once we’re in the middle of the week and actually need the help, but for now it’s still a big no no here.

I'm scheduled for 4:45 to 2 am, then 12 pm to 7:30 BF.

Ooops! I forgot!!!

So...can anyone confirm the pay rate for Tomorrow/Friday? Our HR TM had to leave early, and I heard different answers from leadership...

Side note, I'm in Hardlines tomorrow, but my ETL said it'll be easy. All you'll be doing is Guest Service, Guest Service, Guest Service.

Yeah. Easy for you to say since I'm near Electronics. I'm already anticipating the warmth of graciousness from our guests. 😔

At my new job my schedule is:

Wed: 10am-7pm (our Black Friday and could hardly keep the produce department stocked)
Thur: off (only a few people are scheduled, although I think I get holiday pay)
Fri: 1pm-10pm (no one will be there to shop, except for those looking for bread and mayo)
Sat: off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back