Archived Thanksgiving! Whats your schedule like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They give me 38 hours, lowered it to 36 and now 28 hours. They changed the workcenter for all my shifts except I’m still SFS on Thursday.

...I kind of hate you for that, mostly because I'm super jealous. I only get 15 minutes without people!

Don't be, just know that when I get home I will have to pack myself in ice in order to be able to move for my Friday shift.. And I have done six straight years in toys for black Friday and line control and babysat TV's all at open for most of my black Fridays(this will be the 9th black Friday) so I know just how awesome my schedule is..

Last edited:
I open on Thursday 4:45-1 AM but I don’t work at all Friday. My mom got excited and said we will celebrate Friday.
My shift got changed from 3 PM - 11 PM. I will be helping set up for the first two hours and then will have 5.5 hours on the sales floor when guests are in the store. Not too shabby. I’m still off Friday.

you guys have NO idea how relieved I am that flow is getting an O/N shift on Black Friday. Holy fucking shit I was literally preparing to RIP. The single worst day of the entire year and I get to miss it all, HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKER!! The rest of Q4 is going to fly by in a breeze now.

NOW LET'S GET THIS FUCKIN BREAD!

you guys have NO idea how relieved I am that flow is getting an O/N shift on Black Friday. Holy fucking shit I was literally preparing to RIP. The single worst day of the entire year and I get to miss it all, HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKER!! The rest of Q4 is going to fly by in a breeze now.

NOW LET'S GET THIS FUCKIN BREAD!
That made me happy too. But it'll still be crazy getting in and out of there. Last year I basically had to park across the street then walk to my store :eek:

Wednesday morning, 8-12
Thursday, 4:30p-11p (guarding the TVs they'll put at the back of Market)
Friday, OFF (I had spoken to our STL about it prior because I am involved in a holiday event that night with my music group, but had said I'd be available during the day...I'll likely pick up hours anyhow)

Also working Sun Tue Sat.

gsa shifts all week (which is rare for me being the newest gsa and them needing me at guest service), early mid gsa shifts on the weekends, tuesday and wednesdays closes + 4:30 - 1am thanksgiving. total of 39.5 hours.

still debating whether i want to add on and come in on black friday. i do, but also i don’t. might just stay later that saturday.

Sunday: 8:00am-4:30pm self-checkout
Monday: off
Tuesday: off
Wednesday: 3:30pm-9:45pm service desk
Thursday: 4:45pm-9:45pm Cashier in electronics
Friday: 7:00am-3:30pm self-checkout
Saturday: 2:00pm-9:45pm cashier
Total Hours: 34.25

Tooooo much hours I don’t want to be a captain~ Found out the other tm not going to work BF I’m sooooo donezo. I don’t want the bread I need to chill more not live in my store.

My first day is tomorrow but for thanksgiving I’ll be working 7-3(sfs).

Last edited:
Sadly I work 3-8 thanksgiving day and 10am -6pm on Black Friday!! I am dreading it there are so many guests in my store and it’s a target express so the store is so small I can’t even do my tasks properly with so many people in my way 😩😩😩

We have seasonal hires at our store saying they're calling in cause they got scheduled on thanksgiving... ummm you're seasonal what the f did u think ?? 🤦🏻‍♀️

i had someone i was training ask me how much trouble they'd be in if they called out for thanksgiving since it wasn't "black friday". i just shrugged, like they tell you specifically that those are the few days you HAVE to work. Why would you take the job otherwise.

But totally lucked out this year, got scheduled 8am-4:30 so i'll beat the doors opening! and off on friday too, its been awhile since ive been able to drink on thanksgiving, even before target i used to have work the following friday. kinda excited, gonna introduce the gf to my family, relax, hell maybe even be a guest and roll into work and see whats there to buy.

Wed: 10:30 pm-7am
Thurs: 10:30pm-7am
Fri: 4:30pm-11pm
Sat: 7am-3:30pm
And no idea what Sunday will be...this is also the first time I’ve had to clopen and also come in twice in one day, since I’ve only worked here for about 3 months now. Hoping it’s not too much for me to handle physically.

Wed 8a-12 SCO then 12-4:30pm GS....I am not GS trained
Thurs 5:30pm - 1:15am cashier
Fri 11 - 7:30pm SCO

My availability ends at 6pm for a medical reason......Allowances have been made for Thursday but they will have to change Friday

For your GS shift they will probably have you helping with order pickup.

I have worked the past 4-5 years on thanksgiving, usually coming in around 3-4 PM since I was in AP. This year I am scheduled to come in at 11 PM on Thanksgiving night. My ETL says aren’t you happy you don’t have to come in at 4PM on Thanksgiving? I say yeah I love making $16 an hour instead of $24 thanks 🤦🏻‍♂️At least I won’t have to deal with the shit show when we open I guess

Sunday: off
Monday: 3pm -1:30am
Tuesday: 1pm - 11:30pm
Wednesday: 3pm - 2:00am
Thursday: 3pm- 2:00am
Friday: 1pm - 11:30pm
Saturday: off

Fun times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back