Archived Thanksgiving! Whats your schedule like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fun is 10 pm- 630 am signing on Wednesday and then for some reason 545 pm-215 am consumables in thanksgiving. Good thing im off Friday at least

They have me in toys on Friday, from 10:30 - 6 and in toys on Saturday 10 - 6, I just know I will be getting attacked by people + won't be able to zone as it will just get destroyed 5 minutes later!

It's all about survival. Picking up shit off the floor, and trying to push freight/autofills/reshop.

Oh, and helping guests.

Sunday- Off (Which, if I didn't request it, almost never happened before they promoted me to TL, now I've had....every Sunday off since)
Monday- 8a-430p Electronics
Tuesday- Off
Wednesday- 2p-12a
Thursday- 1p-11p (Which may just end up being 1p-1a despite my Friday schedule)
Friday-7a-330p
Saturday 8a-430p

I think its pretty cute that they have end times for Friday and Saturday, considering I am currently 1 of 2 people that are Mobile trained.....

Sunday 6-2:30, Monday 8-4:30, Tuesday 8-4:30, Wednesday 8-4:30, Thursday 3:30pm-2:30am, Friday 7-4:30, Saturday 4pm-1am, Sunday 4pm-12am, Monday 8-4:30, Tuesday 8-4:30, Wednesday finally off. No days off let’s get this bread

Wed 8a-12 SCO then 12-4:30pm GS....I am not GS trained
Thurs 5:30pm - 1:15am cashier
Fri 11 - 7:30pm SCO

My availability ends at 6pm for a medical reason......Allowances have been made for Thursday but they will have to change Friday

I was at our store today, and was surprised to see that they haven't posted the store hours for Thanksgiving or Black Friday yet. I only know that I got scheduled for Thanksgiving day 3:30 pm - midnight, and not even in my usual location softlines; but as cashier. Not looking forward to a whole shift cashiering.

Sun: 9a-5:30p
Mon: 9a-5:30p
Tues: off
Wed: 8:30a-4:30p
Thu: 4:30p-1a
Fri: 10a-6:30p
Sat: 3p-11:30p
48 hours

Sun: 9a-5:30p
Mon: 9a-5:30p
Tues: off
Wed: 8:30a-4:30p
Thu: 4:30p-1a
Fri: 10a-6:30p
Sat: 3p-11:30p
48 hours
dude I hate those 9 to 530 shifts they can suck a fat dick...like whyyyy my whole day is gone...ugh I get it thats the prime time for covering salesfloor and pushing product but for fucks sake it sucks lol congrats on the hours though! only 5 people on our schedule (besides TLs) got close to 50 hours so I feel honored to be part of the club. Gonna be hectic but good luck, we got this.

I was at our store today, and was surprised to see that they haven't posted the store hours for Thanksgiving or Black Friday yet. I only know that I got scheduled for Thanksgiving day 3:30 pm - midnight, and not even in my usual location softlines; but as cashier. Not looking forward to a whole shift cashiering.
I cant believe they didnt hire enough cashiers to keep you in softlines...do you back up a lot? If so maybe that's why they picked you instead of a new hire.

Sunday- Off (Which, if I didn't request it, almost never happened before they promoted me to TL, now I've had....every Sunday off since)
Monday- 8a-430p Electronics
Tuesday- Off
Wednesday- 2p-12a
Thursday- 1p-11p (Which may just end up being 1p-1a despite my Friday schedule)
Friday-7a-330p
Saturday 8a-430p

I think its pretty cute that they have end times for Friday and Saturday, considering I am currently 1 of 2 people that are Mobile trained.....
I laugh when a lead at my store has to cover a TM because they have to go to lunch. Good job, Target. Fucking take mobile from us like morons. Now I feel bad when I pass off guests to my buddy who had to be trained on phones. Like damn I know this guest is annoying as fuck already and I gotta give him to this guy I work with on truck sometimes? Fuck. Sorry, bro. I know for a fact from other accounts of people that our new mobile system is not working because of shitty training. Half committing to a new mobile service? How about just stop offering it. It's a waste of space and time and the money we make off of it would be better suited to selling things like bluetooth speakers, televisions, accessories and headphones. Make your TM more knowledgeable on that shit. Even the tablets, speakers, google home, alexa, phone cases. Making a TM work setting up cell phones most of the time makes them unable to learn about the other products that come out all the time unless they work off the clock and research it or already have a deeply expressed interest in EVERYTHING in the department. Ugh...ignorant corporate. I feel so bad when someone is like "can you help me find a ____" in electronics and I know electronics a bit but not enough to be able to tell them about a product and find it fast--- so it's an awkward interaction every time where the guest almost feels like just leaving rather than sticking around to let me search for it...then a question about the product and I'm like "I don't know, let me google that for you" or some shit and they don't want to wait...they literally walk off...so fucking often...you want me to guest service? give me better time and options to do so because I've exhausted myself and I really want to be helpful

/end long rant

Last edited:
Thursday, 11/22/2018: 4PM - 1AM

The 18th they have me scheduled 11:15AM - 8:30PM as GSA. I'm a cashier. What are they doing?:rolleyes:

I’m scheduled Order Pickup Saturday from 11am-7pm. At my store, OPU is separate from GS and Hardlines team members are responsible for both zoning and processing OPU orders. I imagine I won’t be away from that desk for more than 2 minutes 🙃

Scheduled overnight for seven hours...I get a lunch if I have a seven hour shift, right? I never remember about the shorter shifts...then I've got an eight hour shift in the morning.

2 breaks, 1 lunch.
Thank you :) I feel like I'll have to ask whoever's LOD that night to see when I'm allowed to take my lunch...at least I'm scheduled for the beauty department that night, so hopefully it won't be too bad -knocks on wood-...so there's still coverage on the floor.

Are we open on Thursday??? I'm 12 pm to 8 pm wtf???

You are doing set up then guest something or other... Where I will be at home after being there Thursday from 4am to 2pm picking and packing SFS orders.. I don't care that it will burn out my busted back I get to wear comfy clothes and not see a fucking person other than those I work with.. Can you say music blasting and ignoring most people!

You are doing set up then guest something or other... Where I will be at home after being there Thursday from 4am to 2pm picking and packing SFS orders.. I don't care that it will burn out my busted back I get to wear comfy clothes and not see a fucking person other than those I work with.. Can you say music blasting and ignoring most people!
...I kind of hate you for that, mostly because I'm super jealous. I only get 15 minutes without people!

I was scheduled for market. All we do is watch and stand guard the TVs or microwaves.

Turns out our schedule wasn't final, and I am now scheduled 1-9:30pm for backroom. I'm actually hardlines, but for some reason I've been doing backroom/ship past 2-3 months. I haven't actually done hardlines in quite a while. I mostly just backstock, since I think they know I'm not really comfortable with doing more involved things like puttign stuff up in the steel...using the power equipment n such. I wonder what I'd possibly be doing, both for those 4 hours before the store opens....and then I assume maybe something different post-open. I can't imagine I'd be backstocking much....I'd assume more pulling to fill the floor? Never worked thanksgiving before, neither as salesfloor or backroom...so I have no idea what goes on ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back