Archived That Time of Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it seems as though clearance markdowns are picking up. Patio furniture gets marked down tomorrow (pillow and other seasonal items went past two weeks) to start making room for Back to School and Back to College which sets next month. Toy markdowns are large to get rid of summer toys and making room for items which may end up on Christmas lists. Shoes is massive next week to start making room for Fall transition; Domestics and Decorative Home keep increasing to make room for dorm bedding and accessories. Anyone else ready and excited (sarcasm there) for this?

It certainly explains why the PATL was hanging around asking me if I wanted to pick up hrs.
And I thought he was just being nice.....

this year i feel like it hasnt slowed down as much on pog. usually we have a completely dead time from april-june that just one tm is scheduled, if that, with the exception of the june market set. i feel like were spinning our wheels. we had a couple of dead weeks in may that we used to clean up and catch up, but now we're going again...

Oh I almost forgot about back to school, so glad my last day is next week, so I shall not have to suffer through it again lol. I had almost forgotten about until I was doing some price changes and a few boxes labeled BTS ended up in the gun.

this year i feel like it hasnt slowed down as much on pog. usually we have a completely dead time from april-june that just one tm is scheduled, if that, with the exception of the june market set. i feel like were spinning our wheels. we had a couple of dead weeks in may that we used to clean up and catch up, but now we're going again...

Except in two weeks where we set basketball and soccer lmao. What is that like 40 hours total after revisions and salesplans?

Except in two weeks where we set basketball and soccer lmao. What is that like 40 hours total after revisions and salesplans?

I think my store is like 23 that week. Thank goodness we're getting a bunch of extra hours to "fix" the issues with the May 6 label strips (which we actually had no issues with, because we were smart enough to just print labels and compare them to the damn label strips when we set them). Fixture room cleanup time, so exciting! Gonna fill me a dumpster or two (or five), yes sir.

Oh my goodness.....last night when the prices changes dropped, we spent a combined 5 hours just getting through seasonal.....we ended up writing clearance on paper, and sticking them on the product in the steel, or we would have had about 30 pallets worth of product.....I'm going to hate going in tonight to all the people looking for stuff....nothing makes me cringe more than "Backroom, can you pull.....?"

Trust me, I know...I went in at 4am to ticket and sign the stack flat and patio flat so that the markdowns would ring up in the system by the time the store opened. Our WAVE isn't working so I was lugging around a ladder changing out the price points on the over hang and marking what was still located in steel

I think my store is like 23 that week. Thank goodness we're getting a bunch of extra hours to "fix" the issues with the May 6 label strips (which we actually had no issues with, because we were smart enough to just print labels and compare them to the damn label strips when we set them). Fixture room cleanup time, so exciting! Gonna fill me a dumpster or two (or five), yes sir.

so ridiculous. did you see the audit packet they sent with that? my leadership team tried to dump that on me to do - its like...they are giving you 40 hours for a reason. i have 35.5+ hours of actual workload this week on top of whatever other pet-projects you want me doing. yeah, it feels like plano never really slowed down this year. this was usually my time to get all the things done i never get a chance to during the rest of the year, and i haven't been able to do any of it. new ETL, go figure wants me to pick up slack around the store instead of taking the time to work on long term brand issues and/or the fixture room......

so ridiculous. did you see the audit packet they sent with that? my leadership team tried to dump that on me to do - its like...they are giving you 40 hours for a reason. i have 35.5+ hours of actual workload this week on top of whatever other pet-projects you want me doing. yeah, it feels like plano never really slowed down this year. this was usually my time to get all the things done i never get a chance to during the rest of the year, and i haven't been able to do any of it. new ETL, go figure wants me to pick up slack around the store instead of taking the time to work on long term brand issues and/or the fixture room......

See it? I worked it! I pulled the report and walked the store with my STL, auditing every label on every strip with that date (we had roughly 50 POGs). No issues. So that's roughly one hour out of the 40 they're giving us. I'm actually chalking the whole thing up as a win :D

Is it just us or is the patio stuff not moving this year?

Stack chairs sold well but in my store, the sets just didn't really seem to sell

We've been selling a lot of patio furniture at my store, but we have too many guests with small cars that end up having to return the stuff because it doesn't fit in their Corollas.

I just don't think it's all that unique this yr.
Seems too much 'sameness'.

See it? I worked it! I pulled the report and walked the store with my STL, auditing every label on every strip with that date (we had roughly 50 POGs). No issues. So that's roughly one hour out of the 40 they're giving us. I'm actually chalking the whole thing up as a win :D

ditto. mine took a little longer due to the fact that no one in softlines ties things correctly. i spent more time fixing multi loc ties than actually auditing :(
but the stl was happy to charge out 40 hours.

I saw the updated forecast for next week's toy workload: 1400 markdowns in Toys alone. Can someone just put me out of my misery now?

The workload has been insane lately. Oh and i hated that price change audit we had last week omg! I found so many pricing issues!
I saw the updated forecast for next week's toy workload: 1400 markdowns in Toys alone. Can someone just put me out of my misery now?

We had 6 flats chock full of clearance toys last week. I have no idea if they got it all out or not. But looking at it made me a little bit sick.

We had 6 flats chock full of clearance toys last week. I have no idea if they got it all out or not. But looking at it made me a little bit sick.

We had 8 of toys after last week.....they put the 2 biggest items (both sizewise and number of items) on the display outside of the receiving doors, and in the week since it went up, we have sold a grand total of 2....one of each......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back