Archived The Big Reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formina Sage

Probably still better than you at the stacker
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone see the special copy of NTU today? They talked about the new mission and vision for Target as a company. Here's the opening paragraph of the write-up:

We’re unveiling our new vision and mission, or as we like to think of it, a new way of life in stores. Rather than a checklist of things to do, our new vision and mission statement will help you take a balanced approach to You, Leading Your Team and Managing Your Business. Our mission closely aligns with our corporate mission enabling the entire Target team to function as One Team.

One Team - read that "Be able to do every job in the store because we're chopping headcount again."

Anyone see the special copy of NTU today? They talked about the new mission and vision for Target as a company. Here's the opening paragraph of the write-up:

My Stl just returned from minneappolis. The new missions is one team, one strategy, one voice.

All I know is corporate told us to take down all the signs in the TSC and the break room. Now instead of a comforting break room, we have bare walls with little squares of lighter white on the walls.

What?!?! You don't have the comforting buzz of a million flies like the rest of us?

All I know is corporate told us to take down all the signs in the TSC and the break room. Now instead of a comforting break room, we have bare walls with little squares of lighter white on the walls.

Over the phone? I haven't seen this direction anywhere...

My HR mentioned today that new signing is on the way. Down with the old!! My DTL also has been stressing no more "Expect more, pay less" as endcap headers. His exact words were, "Pretend like they don't exist in the flip sign headers." I hated that saying anyway, so I always use the dogs. "Pay less" reminds me of the cheap shoe place.

Oh dear sweet jesus what is this nonsense and why did I just hear about it now?! Now I get to go in to work tomorrow, fly through TSC, slam down on the computer desk, and type furiously at the console while screaming "REVEAL YOUR SECRETS" until I can get down to the bottom of it.

eventually it will be one team member,one cashier, for all your needs. Oh wait its already like that. ;)

My Stl just returned from minneappolis. The new missions is one team, one strategy, one voice.

I've been starting to hear this crap around our store too. I don't like it. We should be listening to indivduals and valuing everyones opinion. This lumps everyone together as the one cookie cutter target likes to try to reform us to be. Whatever, it doesn't really matter anyway, soon enough they will move on to the next thing and we will still there truckin along in our stores, minding our our business and livin the dream.....

In the words of Freddy Mercury

One Vision

One man one goal one mission
One heart one soul just one solution
One flash of light yeah one god one vision

One flesh one bone
one true religion (target?)
one voice one hope
gimmie one vision

no wrong no right
I'm going to tell you there's no black or white
no blood no stain
all we need is one world wide vision

Do you think someone at Spot is a Queen fan? If they are did they listen to the rest of the song?

But a cold wind blows
and a dark rain falls
and in my heart it shows
look what they've done to my dream

This sounds like everyone is just going to have to work together like one big smart huddle all day to get the bare minimum done to keep the store running! Or at least that is what it might turn into :(

In the words of Freddy Mercury

One Vision

Do you think someone at Spot is a Queen fan? If they are did they listen to the rest of the song?

Oh god this is one of my favorite queen songs

Oh dear sweet jesus what is this nonsense and why did I just hear about it now?! Now I get to go in to work tomorrow, fly through TSC, slam down on the computer desk, and type furiously at the console while screaming "REVEAL YOUR SECRETS" until I can get down to the bottom of it.

This will hardly be necessary; there's a huge blurb right in the middle of the workbench homepage. However it would be humerous so feel free to do it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back