Archived The blinding cosmetics lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneGoodEar

Former team member
I can't see how anyone, especially those with light-colored eyes, can work or *shop* in the cosmetics aisles with the bright lights around them. I have heard both team members and guests on how difficult it is to see while going down those aisles. It's surprising corporate hasn't done anything. The sales for that department has to taken a hit since those lights were installed.

I will only scan it before we open when they are dimmed otherwise a migraine will happen.. And to stock anything I do it as fast as I can..

The worst part is if you're in the aisle when the lights come on at 8am. At my store the lights come on in 3 stages, and those come on with the last stage. That only gives me about 5 seconds to dive out of the aisle.

The worst is when i have to scan it. Every tuesday i pop a couple excedrins at 7.30 , otherwise my head will be pounding.

Because light colored eyes, especially blue ones are more sensitive to light than dark colored ones, based on personal experiences and studies.

I'd love to grow some weed there...

aaf_shifty.gif

The worst part is if you're in the aisle when the lights come on at 8am. At my store the lights come on in 3 stages, and those come on with the last stage. That only gives me about 5 seconds to dive out of the aisle.
Our neons usually come on first, so I shut my eyes until the floor power and over head lights cone on, lol.

To those who are fine with the lights, you must have never have the need for wearing sunglasses since the lights are just as bright, if not brighter, than sunlight. Or your store still has the old cosmetics lights.

To those who are fine with the lights, you must have never have the need for wearing sunglasses since the lights are just as bright, if not brighter, than sunlight. Or your store still has the old cosmetics lights.

okay
most-peoples-reaction-to-dolan-memes_o_727526.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back