• The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.

The Breakroom Memes

qmosqueen

Perishable Assistant Wizard
This must be staged but since they are in Target I’ll post it here.

Tessa120

Current game: Kenshi
Going off on a tangent, does anyone know of a similar drill, hide under your desk, that would have been done in the late 70s, maybe 1980? I was in 2nd grade, we did that drill often, I didn't live in an earthquake zone. What else is there?

Going off on a tangent, does anyone know of a similar drill, hide under your desk, that would have been done in the late 70s, maybe 1980? I was in 2nd grade, we did that drill often, I didn't live in an earthquake zone. What else is there?
into the early 80's the Nuke drills were still common enough. the under the table thing was to protect from falling ceiling tiles. that flimsy thing ain't going to protect you if the roof comes down and the radiation will get you in the end.

and back where I went to school we did the deal thing for tornados.

Tessa120

Current game: Kenshi
Anything else? Also not in a tornado zone, and that state didn't even have military bases (unless you count the lone Coast Guard base) so it'd be the last place to be nuked unless Japan felt froggy again.

seasonaldude

That Asshole in OPU
Anything else? Also not in a tornado zone, and that state didn't even have military bases (unless you count the lone Coast Guard base) so it'd be the last place to be nuked unless Japan felt froggy again.
Maybe your principal was just a John Birch Society type nut job and wasn't exactly rational about where the commies were going to strike because duh, they want to kill us all!!!!!

happygoth

reshop till I drop
We did the drills as well, it was for the nukes. I think that was common throughout the country. The Cold War didn't end until 1991.

Last edited: