The Breakroom Memes

160556598_3825912450809274_4625261005839509951_n.jpg

"My walkie died"

agathaharknesswink.jpg

Seriously though, I had this team leader tonight that micromanages everythingggggg. Every 2 minutes she's like "fix this" and "fix that" and I'm like "I KNOWWWWW". Walkie died right when the store closed and I had an hour left in my shift, and it was a wonderful peaceful final hour. Study after study shows that micromanaging leads to low morale and decreased productivity. Managers that show trust get the best results.

"My walkie died"

agathaharknesswink.jpg

Seriously though, I had this team leader tonight that micromanages everythingggggg. Every 2 minutes she's like "fix this" and "fix that" and I'm like "I KNOWWWWW". Walkie died right when the store closed and I had an hour left in my shift, and it was a wonderful peaceful final hour. Study after study shows that micromanaging leads to low morale and decreased productivity. Managers that show trust get the best results.
Constant chatter on the radio drives me nuts, made worse by some leaders' annoying voices.

Constant chatter on the radio drives me nuts, made worse by some leaders' annoying voices.
Yeah it can be stressful. Now my weekday team lead is awesome. He gives your assignments and leaves you alone. It’s great because I can focus on my routine and make the most efficient use of my time. If there’s something near the end of the night that needs fixing, he’ll let you know. But this specific one I had over the weekend is the opposite of that. It could be 30 minutes into the shift and she would be like “hey can you fix this endcap?”. And it’s like I’m fixing something else right now, I wish I can do more than one thing at once but I can’t, soooooo… Pulling me into a thousand different directions just creates chaos.

Damn, even though I knew they saved it, I seriously kept expecting it to get squished.
Just stop you stupid dog, so they can save you.

Back