Archived The Fall Magazine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I missed this in the pilots thread or elsewhere but did anyone else see the small blurb about "Coming soon: an exciting new registry experience just for Holiday. Stay tuned for details!"? Should I be hoping it's some ship-to-home service? I'm crossing everything I got this isn't some in-store BS. Can you imagine people trying to shoot a registry in toys in November onwards? No thanks.

Probably the iPads that some stores have that don't work.

I opened this thread hoping it was one of the awesome parody covers. :-/

OP-I don't know, sorry! I saw that too and was slightly curious.

Probably the iPads that some stores have that don't work.

Oh boo. That makes sense. My store doesn't have any yet but we're "supposed" to get some before holiday season.

I could use a link or a nudge in the right direction to those

Oh man I wish but I have no photoshop skillz, sorry! (this is to salesfloor10--sorry, not doing good one the quote thing at the moment)

Circle9, I think they're talking about like the ones in the meme thread. If there's another location of them I'd love to know because I laugh my butt off every time they come up.

There was an article about that. We're replacing the registry kiosks with iPads and the registry scanners with iPods. The iPods are supposed to roll out by the end of August, while the iPads are supposed to be in most stores by the end of the year.

Thanks for the answer y'all. Also bet they're rolling out the iPods everywhere which is totally not a bad idea or anything.

I opened this thread hoping it was one of the awesome parody covers. :-/

OP-I don't know, sorry! I saw that too and was slightly curious.
I could use a link or a nudge in the right direction to those

Well they were in Target Memes courtesy of Dr. Laytex but they don't seem to be showing up.

They probably got corrupted when Formina transferred the site from vBulletin to XenForo.

Hey @Dr Laytex, you still got those saved anywhere?

QPvWOMz.jpg

There was an article about that. We're replacing the registry kiosks with iPads and the registry scanners with iPods. The iPods are supposed to roll out by the end of August, while the iPads are supposed to be in most stores by the end of the year.
We have the ipods for baby and wedding registry. Most of the guests have no clue how to use them - nor do many of the cashiers. I suppose they would be good if there weren't so many dead spots in the store and if the wifi would stay up and running for a guests full shopping experience.
We not only have the problem of the ipods going dead, but many times guest can't use their cartwheel. Especially if they have Sprint or T-Mobile. (isn't t-mobile part of sprint now?) - They just get the loading circle - and somehow it's always the cashiers fault or problem and they expect us to magically get it all to work for them. - Was anyone issues a magic wand for that - because I think they forgot to send them to my store.

I'd challenge him to write 88 pages... would be interesting to see the result.

We have the ipods for baby and wedding registry. Most of the guests have no clue how to use them - nor do many of the cashiers. I suppose they would be good if there weren't so many dead spots in the store and if the wifi would stay up and running for a guests full shopping experience.
We not only have the problem of the ipods going dead, but many times guest can't use their cartwheel. Especially if they have Sprint or T-Mobile. (isn't t-mobile part of sprint now?) - They just get the loading circle - and somehow it's always the cashiers fault or problem and they expect us to magically get it all to work for them. - Was anyone issues a magic wand for that - because I think they forgot to send them to my store.

Nah. There was the potential for a purchase of tmo by sprint, but last week, they decided against it. Thankfully. Sprint has horrible prices and bad customer service (my mom has sprint, I have t-mobile).

They gotta update the cartwheel app to at the very least, allow the barcode to show when a device is offline. That wouldn't help for adding things while in store, but it would be helpful for people who do the adding at home. Every time I open the app, it logs in again. And if I have no connection (I just tried with my phone in airplane) it just stops at the log in screen. We have those dead zones too. It's a pain in the ass.

Are there no charging docks? They shouldn't be going dead often. My old iPod (4th gen touch) never needed to be charged more than once a day on heavy use.

Nah. There was the potential for a purchase of tmo by sprint, but last week, they decided against it. Thankfully. Sprint has horrible prices and bad customer service (my mom has sprint, I have t-mobile).

They gotta update the cartwheel app to at the very least, allow the barcode to show when a device is offline. That wouldn't help for adding things while in store, but it would be helpful for people who do the adding at home. Every time I open the app, it logs in again. And if I have no connection (I just tried with my phone in airplane) it just stops at the log in screen. We have those dead zones too. It's a pain in the ass.

Are there no charging docks? They shouldn't be going dead often. My old iPod (4th gen touch) never needed to be charged more than once a day on heavy use.

Android devices can already access their bar code offline via a widget. But I agree that there needs to be a work around for other devices. My store is a huge dead zone for cell service unless you're at the very front, and the in store wifi will kick you off regularly. I'm all for new technology, but it's a real struggle to access.

You can add your barcode to your passbook on iOS devices. Since your actual barcode never changes no matter what is on your cartwheel, it makes much more sense to use it this way. I add mobile coupons and cartwheel barcodes to my passbook and just swipe through them in one app for the cashier to scan.

Although, I only do this because my store has random dead zones, cartwheel randomly decides to take forever to load, and the in store wifi is unreliable at best (kicking you off randomly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back