Archived The Fall Magazine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the widget worked offline, but I tested it last night and it doesn't work in one situation. It stays there, but if you try to open cartwheel, it goes back to the log in screen and then when you go back to your home screen the barcode is gone. So if you had no connection and you were trying to add something, your barcode will disappear. Depending on where your dead zones are and when in the shopping trip someone attempt to add something else (or whatever someone may try to do in the app), the widget may not work out in some cases. I use that thing where you can scan items to see if they have coupons, and half of grocery is a dead zone. Luckily, Wi-Fi and cell data both usually work well at the front lanes.

The passbook barcode on iOS works offline all the time I believe, though.

I thought the widget worked offline, but I tested it last night and it doesn't work in one situation. It stays there, but if you try to open cartwheel, it goes back to the log in screen and then when you go back to your home screen the barcode is gone. So if you had no connection and you were trying to add something, your barcode will disappear. Depending on where your dead zones are and when in the shopping trip someone attempt to add something else (or whatever someone may try to do in the app), the widget may not work out in some cases. I use that thing where you can scan items to see if they have coupons, and half of grocery is a dead zone. Luckily, Wi-Fi and cell data both usually work well at the front lanes.

I've never had that problem. My app does crash pretty much every time I open it though, lol, but my widget is never an issue.

glN2oP5.jpg

I've never had that problem. My app does crash pretty much every time I open it though, lol, but my widget is never an issue.

I dont use the widget... Or use widgets in general, but I added it last might (barcode showed), put the phone on airplane, opened cartwheel where I'm greeted with the welcome/login screen (if you used fb to connect, it reestablishes that connection everytime you open the app cold. You'll see the spinning loading thing for a second when this is happening), then back to the home screen and the barcode no longer appears in the widget. At that point, the widget tells you to click and get set up or something like that

I'm assuming this log in issue isn't a thing for those who use email. If you logged in with an email address, the app probably doesn't reestablish a connection on every cold open like it does with fb. I don't have a problem with the app in general, other than the dead zone in market.

You can add your barcode to your passbook on iOS devices. Since your actual barcode never changes no matter what is on your cartwheel, it makes much more sense to use it this way. I add mobile coupons and cartwheel barcodes to my passbook and just swipe through them in one app for the cashier to scan.

Although, I only do this because my store has random dead zones, cartwheel randomly decides to take forever to load, and the in store wifi is unreliable at best (kicking you off randomly).
Try explaining that to a guest - So many of them hold up their cartwheel with nothing added...sigh - usually a big order too. When I explain that they have to add the items into cartwheel to get the discounts on the items they are purchasing and that are in cartwheel, I usually get a speech that they should have to work for the discount and expect me to do an automatic discount for them.
So what would you do when it's a large order and long lines behind them?

Oh yeaaaa, soon as I get ink, gonna print it and attach it to my discount card. I never forget my discount, but often forget my cartwheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back