Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

Does anyone have any success stories with the new trailer sort? Singles were okay but when we started hitting doubles that were 2000+ each.. didn't really know what to do. We've come clean once with the new trailer sort and that was for a single. Now we're backed up again..

I don't like that they're front loading me for Christmas already. I'm up 300+ casepacks/repacks for softlines compared to 3 weeks ago. I like that we have more freight to fill the floor, but I feel like I'm still getting too much of everything. I thought the idea was truck to shelf? I definitely do not feel that..

Last edited:
Today the TL told me that my job in November will almost exclusively be training all of the new seasonal hires, so I'm going to have a great fourth quarter.

Also did anyone else get a bunch of storage trailers? We got 4 that nobody at our store ordered, and apparently the whole district did. Was wondering if this is a nationwide thing corporate was doing since I know a ton of stores are losing space in the steel/backroom due to the new process.

Also did anyone else get a bunch of storage trailers? We got 4 that nobody at our store ordered, and apparently the whole district did. Was wondering if this is a nationwide thing corporate was doing since I know a ton of stores are losing space in the steel/backroom due to the new process.
Are you not setup for the new unload process yet? Do you know if the containers are empty? Or those storage containers just may be filled with your Amplified Gifting fixtures.

We're so far behind that our STL actually has all of flow coming in at midnight for the next two weeks. 40 hours for allll.

So we're scanning the truck, actually bowling out, and waving through the store. I'm pretty excited about it. I know that we're just going to go back to the new process at the start of November, but it's nice to get a reprieve.

We're so far behind that our STL actually has all of flow coming in at midnight for the next two weeks. 40 hours for allll.

So we're scanning the truck, actually bowling out, and waving through the store. I'm pretty excited about it. I know that we're just going to go back to the new process at the start of November, but it's nice to get a reprieve.

NOICE

y'alls STL is woke af

We did that for a day, and it was hilarious to see how much 'work' was getting done before the store opened. Our Flow was putting in WORK.

I wish my store would do that,
We have been using pallets for priority 2
Lately because we dont have a choice because we dont have enough vehicles and my store wants us unloading by 5am.
But we have to push all of the day befores truck before we start the new truck so we haven't been starting the unload until 6:30am and were a 4am store and to make things worse is my store decided logistics is using to many hours so most of the team gets sent home 4hrs and then theres only 3 full shift tms left to try and push a whole truck in the 3hrs left if there shift

This is actually our replacement STL; she's only been here about a month and a half? Our former STL quit because district was planning on firing her. Our store was effed up well before modernization came to us.
Thats why. DTL already told her to fix the problem. So she did. ROTFLOL

Actually that's how I got my promotion. DTL and STL changed out so New STL asks about me and I said I was waiting for mine so He interviewed me (three questions reallY) and shook his head disappointed. I thought I lost it. He looked at me. At least I know what he's gone. He called his old store and told them I would come over to be trained. And I did. I loved it. Two weeks later I am back and starting to do closes.

Last edited:
Thats why. DTL already told her to fix the problem. So she did. ROTFLOL

Actually that's how I got my promotion. DTL and STL changed out so New STL asks about me and I said I was waiting for mine so He interviewed me (three questions reallY) and shook his head disappointed. I thought I lost it. He looked at me. At least I know what he's gone. He called his old store and told them I would come over to be trained. And I did. I loved it. Two weeks later I am back and starting to do closes.
No more Home Depot?

Are you not setup for the new unload process yet? Do you know if the containers are empty? Or those storage containers just may be filled with your Amplified Gifting fixtures.

We've been doing the new process for a couple of months now, and they are empty.

We've been doing the new process for a couple of months now, and they are empty.
They are probably for your Transition Trim A Tree Freight. I highly recommend getting with your PPTL to determine how to organize and trap the freight. It will be crucial.

Last edited:
Update on the two weeks of midnight start time: it's been going great!

Until today when no one showed up to let us in. Most people left at 12:30. Some more left at 1. I'm leaving now, and there's still a handful of people sticking around.

Funnily enough, this is the third time it's happened since I started working here.

Update on the two weeks of midnight start time: it's been going great!

Until today when no one showed up to let us in. Most people left at 12:30. Some more left at 1. I'm leaving now, and there's still a handful of people sticking around.

Funnily enough, this is the third time it's happened since I started working here.

The same thing happened to us a few years ago.
We arrived before 4am so we could be let in and nobody arrived so finally at 6am when the first day side teams arrived
The ETL that was saw that a group of us were smoking outside and thinking we were on break asked how the truck is going and we respond with i dont know we havent been in the store yet to open it.
The look of anger in this ETLs face when he realized that flow/backroom/plano teams have been standing outside in the rain for 2hrs was great

Updated the thread title as Q4 is here/almost here!

pros: more hours, everything's better with cheddar™
cons: everything else

To add to this year's holiday fun, our Zebras are dropping like flies and since we aren't getting any new ones this year, they'll be rarer than green grass on the Moon come Christmas time. I forsee many brutal death battles being fought over the few semi-working ones that remain. Oh boy can't wait!

Today the TL told me that my job in November will almost exclusively be training all of the new seasonal hires, so I'm going to have a great fourth quarter.

We got 9..... yes you heard me right NINE containers. My STL is pissed. He tried to refuse some but no luck. All it’s going to do is promote bad habits and hiding problems outside.

We got 9..... yes you heard me right NINE containers. My STL is pissed. He tried to refuse some but no luck. All it’s going to do is promote bad habits and hiding problems outside.

Thinking about it my store also got 4 storage containers randomly dropped off without being ordered

Could it be for AMPG? I know stores around me got some . I didn’t because I have an off-site so everything gets sent there and counted and built.

Back