Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

There were easily 600 people crowded at the front end all the way past the jewelry boat and into boy's. 3 cashiers and 3 SCOs (we have 4, one is bricked) so...praise the Lawd I'm not a cashier I guess

truck status: rolled

Well peeps, what's the latest since I blew?

We roll about 30 repacks of Rx every truck. It got backed up and no time to chip away at it. No leader wants to step in to help since they are awful to do since nothing is sorted.

Ih yeah, they say ..... it's super sorted!!! That means they come off the truck and get put on a uboat. Rx is mixed with HBA which is mixed with who knows what.

Between opu's Sunday night, I pushed about 10 repacks.

I've inf'ed loads of Rx stuff in the last month since the shelves are half bare.

A poor guy came in the other day looking for Plan B. Of course, the system says we have 12 on hand. I told him who knows where they are. The look on his face was pretty sad.

The next time I hear "X isn't brand" I'm gonna choke a bitch. You know what else isn't brand? 10 pallets of truck push staged on the salesfloor when the store is open so guests have to parkour over it to get down the fuckin aisle

Seriously tho it looks ghetto af, like Big Lots.
Oh my I hear you! Back in the day you never saw shelf stocking during business hours...it still makes me nervous to pull a u boat stacked 6 ft past a mom and a coupla toddlers. My BTS area is just off receiving double doors and all those pallet overloads get placed right in front of lunchboxes !! My area there is called " the back wall" like its part of receiving or something!!!

I will for sure not miss the shitloads of Halloween/Fall/Xmas crap but I will sort of miss being able to load up on Terry's chocolate oranges and clearance peppermint coffee right after my shift

Hahaha oh wow I cannot wait to see how trashed my stores seasonal block gets this Q4, I'm guessing they'll have 2-3 literally who's pushing 40 uboats with looks on their faces that say "where's a cliff so I can yeet myself off"

Hahaha oh wow I cannot wait to see how trashed my stores seasonal block gets this Q4, I'm guessing they'll have 2-3 literally who's pushing 40 uboats with looks on their faces that say "where's a cliff so I can yeet myself off"

2-3? You've been gone too long. The DBO of seasonal should be able to push it all by himself!!!!!

Oh wait? He really can't? Well, let's wait two weeks, let all that shit accumulate in the back, and then panic give out hours to anyone in the store to help out regardless of whether or not they know how to do the job right.

Oh my I hear you! Back in the day you never saw shelf stocking during business hours...it still makes me nervous to pull a u boat stacked 6 ft past a mom and a coupla toddlers. My BTS area is just off receiving double doors and all those pallet overloads get placed right in front of lunchboxes !! My area there is called " the back wall" like its part of receiving or something!!!
Hey, don't worry, if you slow down or stop because a guest is near your poorly-stacked u-boat you're trying to push-don't-pull, you'll get screamed at for being too slow.

Hey, don't worry, if you slow down or stop because a guest is near your poorly-stacked u-boat you're trying to push-don't-pull, you'll get screamed at for being too slow.

I just try to ignore it. Short shift, loads of shit from the truck that no one got to--you need to put someone else in my department if you want shit to get done.

I wonder how many incidents there have been of TMs hitting guests with u-boats. You're not supposed to pull them (and we've had TMs mess up their shoulders from pulling them too much) but then you can't see over it. Sucks.

I wonder how many incidents there have been of TMs hitting guests with u-boats. You're not supposed to pull them (and we've had TMs mess up their shoulders from pulling them too much) but then you can't see over it. Sucks.

This is why I pull from the front. Sometimes I walk backwards with the thing too if I don't have far to go, so as not to fuck up my arm. It sounds weird but I can glance over my shoulder fairly easily and it's easier when I can see if anything's about to fall over and where the front is going.

This is why I pull from the front. Sometimes I walk backwards with the thing too if I don't have far to go, so as not to fuck up my arm. It sounds weird but I can glance over my shoulder fairly easily and it's easier when I can see if anything's about to fall over and where the front is going.
I know exactly what you mean and I do the walk backwards thing too sometimes.

Bumping this because I'm curious how inbound hours are at other stores. I'm gen merch now, but still talk to inbound.

A month or two ago, their shifts went from four hours to three and a half. Now this week and the next (maybe the foreseeable future) they only get three hour shifts. That's not even long enough for a break.

Back