Archived The "I Quit" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not so much an 'I Quit', but more of a 'Target, you're now second-fiddle'.. I got hired for a nice, full-time job today that is related to my degree! So now I will be just working at Target on the weekends...couldn't be any happier!:D

Congrat's, Ranger. I'm happy for you. Good luck in your new position. :)

Had a cart attendant walk in the store halfway through his shift and say "I can't do this no more". He was complaining about the heat, I live in Southern Cali so it can get kinda hot, but not too much. High 80s, low 90s.

So they dealt with him, called in another cart attendant to cover his shift and that cart attendant did the same thing and quit on the spot, this one however was a new cart attendant who has been with us for about 2 weeks while the other one has been there for a couple of months.

So I had to go outside and manually push carts for the remainder of my shift. The moment I walked out of our air conditioned store(Which gets real cold, to the point if you sit in the breakroom for 20mins, you'll start shaking a bit), I felt the heat. Especially since I was wearing pants.

Had a cart attendant walk in the store halfway through his shift and say "I can't do this no more". He was complaining about the heat, I live in Southern Cali so it can get kinda hot, but not too much. High 80s, low 90s.

Please tell me it was something other than THAT that made them quit. I would be THRILLED to have a shift in the low 90s: it's been all triple digits lately!

Well they figured cart attending in the summer wouldn't involve the sun for some reason.
It's not that it's burning hot, it's just real dry lately especially on the black top. But still no reason to quit. You are going to have to do hard work to earn money later on.

Reminds me of a seasonal hire during Christmas last year. I had opened as GA and he came in as a mid. It was pouring down rain that day, and for some reason, that boy honestly thought that we weren't going out after carts while it was raining.

Him: "But I'm like a cat in the water! :( "
Me: "Cats can swim, darling. Grab a poncho and meet me outside."

He didn't last long.

Reminds me of a seasonal hire during Christmas last year. I had opened as GA and he came in as a mid. It was pouring down rain that day, and for some reason, that boy honestly thought that we weren't going out after carts while it was raining.

Him: "But I'm like a cat in the water! :( "
Me: "Cats can swim, darling. Grab a poncho and meet me outside."

He didn't last long.

I love your stories, lfr!

Rain? What's that?
Honestly, we're in the WORST drought that I can remember. We're drier than a truckload of lyme dust.

Less than 24 hours till I'm done with target!!!

I'm sad and happy at the same time. Sad that your time with Target wasn't as rewarding and challenging as it could have been. I know you have been unhappy for quite sometime so I'm happy you are pursuing other interests. Best of luck to you, Evan. May you find great success in your next job. Don't forget to stop by and fill us in on how life is treating you post-Target. :)

I'm sad and happy at the same time. Sad that your time with Target wasn't as rewarding and challenging as it could have been. I know you have been unhappy for quite sometime so I'm happy you are pursuing other interests. Best of luck to you, Evan. May you find great success in your next job. Don't forget to stop by and fill us in on how life is treating you post-Target. :)

I think it might have been just my store. I know I complained a lot about Target and its ridiculous policies, but I think the complete idiot/retards I worked with made it just that much worse. Had it not been for them my experience might have been better... but no such luck for me. Oh well. Hopefully something MUCH better will come along in my near future!

And I most definitely will still be around, probably lurking much more, but I'll be here lol.:D

I am also on my way out. I will of course post when my notice is officially in. The straw that broke the camels back for me is the simple fact that almost no one in this company "walks the walk" They just repeat Targets mottos and slogans like a damn robot while acting as if we are a red colored version of Walmart. I've shopped at my Target and other Targets for years, and lately the service I get is unacceptable and I work there! I guess when retailers across the board are getting worse and worse, customers are forced to deal with it right? Except they aren't. Sites like Amazon dominate now, and finally I am confident that I will witness the death of traditional retail. All is well that ends well.

There's a bright side though! Since I'm no longer worried about impressions the guests and I have a laugh sometimes about how horrid the experience is. They seem to appreciate the fact that at least one current (soon to be former) employee cares about them. I really wish they would boycott us until the company cleans up its act.

A friend just told me about an opening at his job so knock on wood I shall soon be joining the mass flight from Target.

Wish I could join this club... Unfortunately my state just decided to lay off almost 5,000 people, in the fields I was looking to get into. Making it that much harder to find a new/better job.

Ok, interview tomorrow for my new job. If I get this it I'll be working a guaranteed 30 hours a week an $9 an hour. Gosh, I'm really nervous.

Ok, interview tomorrow for my new job. If I get this it I'll be working a guaranteed 30 hours a week an $9 an hour. Gosh, I'm really nervous.

Just take a deep breath and remember that if you can handle retail, you can handle just about anything. Best of luck! :)

Just take a deep breath and remember that if you can handle retail, you can handle just about anything. Best of luck! :)

Thanks! I'm sure it will be ok. My friend said the interview is pretty much a formality and that I got the job. An interview can't be worse then another four months at Target.

I got it!!! :D

Only thing is they needed me to start Monday so I couldn't give Target 2 weeks notice. So I'm not rehirable. Ahh, shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back