Archived The insanity has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't noticed anyone camping out at my store. We have foxes and raccoons that come out of the woods ( beside the store) so if they are going to camp out...they may have some unwanted company.

Not yet. My dog would've barked at them if they were camped outside the store.*

* - my mom picks me up when I work late and she brings our dog along for "protection"

To many Wolves and Gators 'round here...

Nope. When I left tonight, I didn't see anyone. But, best buy is right nearby and they have campers. It's so cold around here, I feel like I should bring them some coffee before my next shift.

Nope. When I left tonight, I didn't see anyone. But, best buy is right nearby and they have campers. It's so cold around here, I feel like I should bring them some coffee before my next shift.

I'm of two minds on that.
On the one hand I want to say, what a kind thought.
You are a decent and generous person.

On the other hand, all I can think is darn it don't encourage them.

In our district we are not allowing tents or grills (yikes). Really the only thing allowed are camp chairs. I'm surprised other districts are allowing people to camp out. We don't even set up our crowd control until Wednesday night, how are those stores going to set up carts and barriers around people who have tents set up?

4mZiCv3.jpg

Years ago, I had one STL that refused to let anyone camp or wait in front of the store until after the day before closing team and prep teams left. He didn't want the closing or prep teams to get ambushed on the way out. He told people that were already lining up to go back to the cars until he waved them up.

Another store had the front doors roped off and signs telling guests to start forming a line about 50 feet away from the front doors.

A couple years, another of my stores allowed the first 20 guests to enter the breezyway 10 minutes before opening. And allow them to hit the sales foor first before opening to the rest of the crowd.

I can't imagine having the time to camp outside of a store. It's bad enough I work so much and don't get to spend as much time with my kids.

Come to think of it, I don't have the patience to sit still. At target, I walk between 9-14 miles in a shift. Staying still for too long would end me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back