The January 2022 Thread -- Welcome to the Disaster Zone

So post-Christmas has been fun this year. We are currently recieving more frieght per day than we were in the weeks leading up to Christmas. Hours have been slashed though, not only for the salesfloor but even worse for the front end and fulfillment, which of course means backup calls are nonstop. It's backroom bootcamp month, but no one has time for that. Last week's salesplans all over PP2 were faked en masse. (I did actually finish all of mine legitimately, but only because I said fuck it and let freight roll.) Covid call outs are rampant. We don't call them Covid call outs officially because store leadership is full of Trumpers, but that's what they are.

We haven't had a sweep truck in seemingly forever, so bales and salvage pallets are piled up all over receiving. Between those and all the vehicles of unpushed frieght it's an open question how tomorrow's trailer that is again larget than most trucks in December were is going to possibly be unloaded.

How's everyone else's New Year going?

So post-Christmas has been fun this year. We are currently recieving more frieght per day than we were in the weeks leading up to Christmas. Hours have been slashed though, not only for the salesfloor but even worse for the front end and fulfillment, which of course means backup calls are nonstop. It's backroom bootcamp month, but no one has time for that. Last week's salesplans all over PP2 were faked en masse. (I did actually finish all of mine legitimately, but only because I said fuck it and let freight roll.) Covid call outs are rampant. We don't call them Covid call outs officially because store leadership is full of Trumpers, but that's what they are.

We haven't had a sweep truck in seemingly forever, so bales and salvage pallets are piled up all over receiving. Between those and all the vehicles of unpushed frieght it's an open question how tomorrow's trailer that is again larget than most trucks in December were is going to possibly be unloaded.

Same here. Expectations are higher too.

We had like 800 price changes this week because the Beauty reset is l o o m i n g just on the horizon, someone from Ulta is out with COVID, my boss is sick (not with COVID), I have 9 salesplanners and 6 or 7 revisions to do this week and I did something painful to my back, and we're going to be doing our own backroom inventory of like 30,000 units after RGIS fucked our shit up twice. So, great.

We had like 800 price changes this week because the Beauty reset is l o o m i n g just on the horizon, someone from Ulta is out with COVID, my boss is sick (not with COVID), I have 9 salesplanners and 6 or 7 revisions to do this week and I did something painful to my back, and we're going to be doing our own backroom inventory of like 30,000 units after RGIS fucked our shit up twice. So, great.
We are doing the same thing for my store, because rgis screwed up on inventory so bad.

Typical garbage like any other time of the year really but everyone knows January and February is the dead period of retail. We did have lots of Truck unloading in the last week and I think some seasonal workers are finally gone, (Hopefully the lazy ones.) Hours are cut and shitty scheduling of course, The weekend was a bit of a struggle because they didn’t schedule enough for it but luckily we weren’t a normal busy for our store during the weekend. Just gonna have to see how it all plays out.

Same. I don't even have the words anymore. Just throw up my hands in helplessness, shrug it off with a laugh, and do what little I can.
This company has never been good especially the last few years when it comes to having organized stores and having a lot of great workers to do their jobs right.

Our sales floor isn't getting slammed but fulfillment is and definitely OPU. Everyone with the 'VID must be ordering for Drive Up because we hit OPU forecast for the day before noon (which was well over 2k). All of us were in fulfillment all day, nothing got pushed. 'tis the after season. Beauty looks like hell. FML.

Our store is also trying to add people because there have been so many call outs every day.

Unprecedented mess and staff shortages !

Our store has 16 leaders - 13 are OUT and another leaving VERY soon !
Entire HR team OUT.
Some tm’s were TOLD : YOU had close contact - DON’T come in for 10 days (even when the person feels fine AND tested NEGATIVE).
Outrageous amounts of call-offs
21 positives reported in December.

Nearly ALL seasonals that got their letters no-showed for their last shifts - leaving double trucks to be unloaded with 3 tm’s. - who of course never had time to push anything from either truck and another came the next day.

Empty shelves and full backroom and we are told “Pull your 1:1’s and do boot camp on your aisles !” What about the PUSH part of this mess !!!

NO empty vehicles and NO Pallets. The runs in seasonal are NOT set because we have NO pallets.

50 carry forward SPL from week 12/26 still NOT set

1000 overdue price change from last week and hardly any done this week. Salesfloor FULL of salvage.

if modernization is done, why can’t we have a pricing team and SPL team back to complete these tasks? The DBO’s/Salesfloor tm’s clearly do NOT have TIME !

Unprecedented mess and staff shortages !

Our store has 16 leaders - 13 are OUT and another leaving VERY soon !
Entire HR team OUT.
Some tm’s were TOLD : YOU had close contact - DON’T come in for 10 days (even when the person feels fine AND tested NEGATIVE).
Outrageous amounts of call-offs
21 positives reported in December.

Nearly ALL seasonals that got their letters no-showed for their last shifts - leaving double trucks to be unloaded with 3 tm’s. - who of course never had time to push anything from either truck and another came the next day.

Empty shelves and full backroom and we are told “Pull your 1:1’s and do boot camp on your aisles !” What about the PUSH part of this mess !!!

NO empty vehicles and NO Pallets. The runs in seasonal are NOT set because we have NO pallets.

50 carry forward SPL from week 12/26 still NOT set

1000 overdue price change from last week and hardly any done this week. Salesfloor FULL of salvage.

if modernization is done, why can’t we have a pricing team and SPL team back to complete these tasks? The DBO’s/Salesfloor tm’s clearly do NOT have TIME !

our HR is constantly getting phone calls . Guessing they are all call outs . Today I was the only one scheduled till end of my shift 😓

Back