The January 2022 Thread -- Welcome to the Disaster Zone

We didn’t get enough trucks since Christmas week . So whenever I got a chance , I set our sales plans which was due this week . Only a couple are left as we don’t have anything to put there . Some end caps which are already set for vendors are having just one facing of product 😕

Our store had to cut hours, like always - but people are being called in because of COVID call-outs. Last night we had 10+ call-outs across the store, and we have gotten 8 alerts since Christmas. Insane.

You'd be completely sober here. Now, if you did a shot for each TM who called out because they have covid, your blood alcohol level would probably put you in the hospital
Hmmm.... our hospitals are currently full of covid patients. Elective procedures are off again and no visitors allowed.

2/3 of the store out with Covid, enough Salvage since Sunday to fill two sweep trucks, and yeah the freight just keeps pouring in. We still getting our hours, but only because there's no one to work....

^^ Isn't that one of HR's jobs? To send out those texts?
I think it depends on the number of TM’s who have it within a certain period of time.
Whatever leader takes the call should submit to the chatbot (usually HR, but can be any of them). They put in the info, and have the choice to send alert or not. The alert is sent from outside the store. It is taking about a day and a half before we are getting the texts.

Water leaked into our electrical room and took out our freezers last friday and they are just now starting to fill them again so fulfillment has been pushing freight since we have so few orders, but it feels like it hasn't even fell off as hard as it has in recent years. They aren't allowing overtime anymore but still plenty of call outs and we're hovering around 180k-230k per day in sales and I don't think our stores hours have been cut horribly.

We haven’t had a Covid text in about a year and I know of many TM’s who have had it.
My store is having a similar issue. I know of multiple TMs who have been out with Covid but no texts have been sent. It's very strange and nerve-racking. We are getting some texts but we are definitely not getting notified for everyone who is out with a positive test result.

Am I the only person whose store isn't falling apart? 🤔
No, but it's been rough. We have a halfway decent team - sure, there are slackers, but they seem to be in areas where it doesn't matter that much.
Having a bunch of sales planners to set plus getting in extra freight for the product I handle that goes in Seasonal was more than I could do on my own; the SD actually set two of my SPs and I had some extra help to push my truck (seasonal fulfillment TMs who didn't have much to do when orders fell off right after Christmas). Okay, so I would have tweaked the SPs just a bit and the extra helpers tended to overstock so product falls off pegs, but as my mom would remind me, beggars can't be choosers, right?

Pushing 30 cases here. Storess around me have been shutting down off and on due to their cases. Stores shelves are being wiped do to snow making all trucks unable to access our part of the state for a few days. Its the beginning all over again 🙄

So today they scheduled one person for fulfillment to open. A second person wasn't scheduled until 10. Non-truck day so the salesfloor staffing was light. The only lead in the building made one of the drive-up TMs do OPUs. No other help was offered because (a) all of domestics is out with covid and their shit has barely been pushed in days, (b) We fake-tied all of the store's Brightroom salesplans yesterday and had to actually set them today, (c) Pfresh had a power outage, and (d) in the TL's words "If they want people to work fulffillment, they need to schedule people for it." Picked on time was 9% when I left.

My store is having a similar issue. I know of multiple TMs who have been out with Covid but no texts have been sent. It's very strange and nerve-racking. We are getting some texts but we are definitely not getting notified for everyone who is out with a positive test result.
I know for my store we had 6 people who's last day was 1/1/21... so when that text went out it covered 6 team members. Our team was under the impression we weren't sending out all the texts too. Also lets just say we have a vaccinated team member who is starts shiwing symptoms, around here it takes 6-7 days to get an appt 2-3 days to get their results (their 10 days is up, do we aren't sending a text out for that) and this is happening alot.

20220109_145308.jpg 20220109_225239.jpg

I came in to about 600 open units and it literally did not slow down all night. Left with 371 late units and a POT of 40%, we were forcasted for 3500 and got around 4500 with all of the late units included. Another store near us got like 11,000 units and had 4k late at the end of the night. Oh yeah, and we had 500 ship at a 1 pack station store🙃

Last edited:
Back