The Kitchen DBO Thread where we drown in water bottles and swim in plastic wrap

I'm sure it says nothing about my store's customer base that the white Santa milk bottle is completely sold out, we're talking about 60 of them sold, and they've only been on the floor for 4 days. The black Santa milk bottle though? Yeah, we sold 3 as of this afternoon, but only after we were out of White Santa.

This is probably a weird coincidence.

Holy shit the NOP. I'm "going against brand" and using two amp gifting vehicles for this flex POG shit. Also I said screw it and just backstocked the cookie cutters in their case with the top cut off. I'm not about to detrash hundreds of these things at once when I can do it a few at a time in the one-for-ones.

While using amp gifting vehicles solves your problem this week, you are creating a problem next week for whoever has to set all the amp gifting pogs. Pretty good chance you'll find all that NOP backstocked.

Somewhat of a side note but related, in the new Item Removal in myDay, it does give "No Space to Re-Merchandise" as an option to defect something now. Super tedious to do if you have a lot, but maybe if they see an uptick in this option being used they'll get a clue and start clearancing this stuff out instead.....🙏🏻🤞🏻

While using amp gifting vehicles solves your problem this week, you are creating a problem next week for whoever has to set all the amp gifting pogs. Pretty good chance you'll find all that NOP backstocked.

Somewhat of a side note but related, in the new Item Removal in myDay, it does give "No Space to Re-Merchandise" as an option to defect something now. Super tedious to do if you have a lot, but maybe if they see an uptick in this option being used they'll get a clue and start clearancing this stuff out instead.....🙏🏻🤞🏻

What?!? I didn't catch that option. Guess who is about to get super fucking busy hitting that shit. I don't care if it takes all day, good fucking bye cheap ass back to college shit. Good fucking bye.

Luckily I've been told we're good on vehicles for all of amp gifting. My ETL basically said I can keep them however long I have to. He's equally as frustrated as I am with the amount of NOP and flex POG product we're getting.

I wish we had that in myDay, but we're still using myWork for right now. Also kind of hilarious that they put that as an option when just a few months ago there was defectives training that said not to defect anything just because there's no room for it. That "we lose too much money from defecting instead of selling it." Yeah, well, this shit isn't selling.

As of today's truck, I am now up to over 2000 cookie cutters that need to be backstocked. My TL said that other TLs are bitching about them floating around in their emails. :rolleyes: I have the smallest backroom aisle in the entire store. It's already packed. I said I'll try to figure it out tomorrow. Of course, tomorrow is Sunday. It's our only non-truck day of the week so hardly anyone is scheduled and the front end and fulfillment call off en masse every Sunday. (So, most likely, no the cookie cutters will not get backstocked tomorrow.)

Can't there be a tragic accident where the container holding them collapsed and spilled them right when some power equipment was going by and too close to stop?

As of today's truck, I am now up to over 2000 cookie cutters that need to be backstocked. My TL said that other TLs are bitching about them floating around in their emails. :rolleyes: I have the smallest backroom aisle in the entire store. It's already packed. I said I'll try to figure it out tomorrow. Of course, tomorrow is Sunday. It's our only non-truck day of the week so hardly anyone is scheduled and the front end and fulfillment call off en masse every Sunday. (So, most likely, no the cookie cutters will not get backstocked tomorrow.)
Can you drop a pallet and tpc them. I know they tpc in market. I would cut my arm off before I backstocked them.

We sold a ton the cutters today.

Those cutters sell like crazy! It may seem like a lot now, but in a couple weeks, you won't have any left. But you will have guests asking for them.

Keep the endcap full and flex as much of it on there as you can. If you can find it extra plexi containers from style, those would work really well to hold more cutters.

I won't lie I'm going to get a couple cookie cutters for myself, I think my nephew would like them haha.

Go for it. Who doesn't like cookies? And, cookies in fun shapes area a major bonus. Just please stop by my store and take some of my Angels of Hearts. I have over 300 of each of them. Thanks!

Walked in this morning and had a sitdown with the Inbounds TL, the only GM lead scheduled today. Just a quick discussion about a plan to catch up from yesterday's double, prepare for tomorrow's double, and fix up all my end caps from the Black Friday massacre. Short version of the plan: push anything on vehicles then fix endcaps. Inbounds and PP1, i.e., that TL's people, will be sent to help with anything on pallets. After endcaps are done, I can work on pallets, but they aren't priority. Just make sure everything else is done and vehicles are cleared for tomorrow's double. The pallets are mostly backstock anyway.

Cool. Cool.

Inbounds TL left. A fucking style TL and SETL came in to close. Oh.....new plan without checking in with anyone. Push all the freight, including the pallets because we have a double tomorrow and they texted the ETL who said freight without knowing what the plan was. Nevermind that THE PLAN FOR FREIGHT AND PREPARING FOR TOMORROW'S TRUCKS WAS MADE WITH THE INBOUNDS TL FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

Fine. I'll just clear the pallets. Meanwhile....most of my front endcaps are empty because Black Friday. Most of my leftover items that require merch protection aren't spiderwrapped. It's all good. I have zero fucks left to give.

But, I do have a crisp 10 dollar bill that I get bitched at tomorrow for the empty endcaps and lack of merch protection.

Back