The Korean Assassin is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, although I have made a few posts, I decided to introduce myself. I work on the overnight flow team at a high-volume store. I have been in retail for a long time; I have been in a leadership role, and I have a college degree in Business Administration-Accounting (can I be an ETL???). I am Korean, as you can guess, and I was called the "Korean Assassin" when I played football and basketball in high school, and because I knew self-defense. I wasn't an All-American, or even All-City, but I didn't suck. The numbers "1948" was my patient number after a car wreck that left me in the hospital for eight months when I was seven years old; I was often referred to as "nineteen-forty-eight". Also, I have a friend who has was born in that year.

I like the job; however, I am an idea person (an "NT" for all you Meyers-Brigg fans out there....mostly NT's will get this) and I am very abstract. This job is action oriented, and does not require much thought (this is good for "SP's"(action oriented, and concrete) and the managers should be "SJ's" (orderly, cautious, and concrete). Often, I think of ways to improve my productivity, even as a new Team Member; however, many of those ideas have been shot down, thanks to policies and procedures (my boss is an "SJ"). I often find myself speaking a different language from everyone else (again I talk using abstract terms, and everyone else on my team is concrete). This job is a holdover/supplementary job and hopefully, will be a vehicle in achieving my long-term visions and goals.

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

You have a degree, yet applied for a team member position instead of an ETL or STL. Smh

You have a degree, yet applied for a team member position instead of an ETL or STL. Smh

It looks like someone didn't read the post before replying (what else is new?). Read the last line of my post; it clearly states that this is a secondary job. It could become a primary job if I choose to pursue a leadership role. And FYI, I did apply for an ETL/SrTL position, but I also applied for a seasonal position. I never confirmed or denied doing so either. Nice try on trying to be smart, but you looked foolish instead.

It looks like someone didn't read the post before replying (what else is new?). Read the last line of my post; it clearly states that this is a secondary job. It could become a primary job if I choose to pursue a leadership role. And FYI, I did apply for an ETL/SrTL position, but I also applied for a seasonal position. I never confirmed or denied doing so either. Nice try on trying to be smart, but you looked foolish instead.

Yeah, but if you start as a TM, it is extremely hard to get to the STL level.

It looks like someone didn't read the post before replying (what else is new?)..
You have been a member of this forum for a week so lets not start acting like that always happens.
Nice try on trying to be smart, but you looked foolish instead.
I can not wait to see you become a lifer.

So it's exclusively you who does not read posts and trolls other members in the introduction forum. Gotcha. Use common sense; people troll others without reading the post all of the time on the internet. You are more likely to be a lifer than I am (or being fired), unless I get into leadership. Once again, reading comprehension goes a long way; I wrote that this is either my second job, or it will be a career in a(n) management/executive position (I didn't explicitly write this, but anyone with common sense can deduct this from what I have written). You have to love the internet; people hiding behind the internet trolling other people, saying things they wouldn't say to a person directly.

Last edited:
i thought this was a place to come for help and venting, not lashing out at one another o_O

Hello! I am an "NT" as well. Perhaps a spot in a food position (if one is available at your store) would be a better fit. I see a lot of flexibility in those areas... Food Avenue, Deli, Bakery and Produce always benefit from creative ideas to increase production and productivity, and it's measurable - you can measure your success in concrete ways via profits, receipt-to-sales, etc. Not many of leaders "understand" the food side which leaves food team members and leaders free to change things up a bit.

It looks like someone didn't read the post before replying (what else is new?)..
You have been a member of this forum for a week so lets not start acting like that always happens.
Nice try on trying to be smart, but you looked foolish instead.
I can not wait to see you become a lifer.

So it's exclusively you who does not read posts and trolls other members in the introduction forum. Gotcha. Use common sense; people troll others without reading the post all of the time on the internet. You are more likely to be a lifer than I am (or being fired), unless I get into leadership. Once again, reading comprehension goes a long way; I wrote that this is either my second job, or it will be a career in a(n) management/executive position (I didn't explicitly write this, but anyone with common sense can deduct this from what I have written). You have to love the internet; people hiding behind the internet trolling other people, saying things they wouldn't say to a person directly.
Why would I post on something I did not read?
Normally I tease, not troll, trolling is purposely saying something stupid to make others angry. I would not mind being a lifer, and there is no chance of me being fired. I have been with the company for 9 months with no degree and my TL says if he gets promoted or plans to leave, he is gunna fight for me to take over.

Honestly, lets look at this from my perspective in your shoes. I have a degree in business, and I have "Long-term goals". I have 2 options. I could apply as a seasonal team member at Target or apply for an Executive position. Remember I have "Long-term goals" and want to build my resume. Hmm lets think what would look better and even help me pay off student loans. oh, I know lets apply for both positions, no wait that doesn't sound right. Let me do some research on both positions. ....(some research later). Well i found out that being a team member at target sucks cause of -20 hours a week and over worked. I also found out that being an ETL sucks because of 60 hour weeks with so-so pay ( lets be honest 45-60k +bonus yearly isn't too bad starting) and is easy to get with any 4 year degree . But wait I have "Long-term goals" and want to build my resume. Guess what with a little bit of "common sense" the obvious answer is only applying for ETL.
Oh and if I wouldnt say it in person why would I even bother saying it "behind a keyboard".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back