Archived The Next-Gen Consoles Avalibilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that quantities and specific dates differ per Target and a whole bunch of other factors as well. I know that they've been "Sold Out" (with exceptions) since launch, but I'm curious about a general timeline in which to expect these in Target stores in quantities that are much more available.

I know that with this week's Weekly Ad, they've been advertised on there and I know that some units (Specifically Xbox One's) were held back/delivered for that very reason. Is there a way to check when to expect shipments? Or can anyone with the knowledge give me a general time period of when they'll be more widespread in inventory?

I know that quantities and specific dates differ per Target and a whole bunch of other factors as well. I know that they've been "Sold Out" (with exceptions) since launch, but I'm curious about a general timeline in which to expect these in Target stores in quantities that are much more available.

I know that with this week's Weekly Ad, they've been advertised on there and I know that some units (Specifically Xbox One's) were held back/delivered for that very reason. Is there a way to check when to expect shipments? Or can anyone with the knowledge give me a general time period of when they'll be more widespread in inventory?

If it is anything like the PS3 and Xbox 360 launches (and it is), you are looking at several months at a minimum before they easy to come by.

Welcome to The Break Room RedInferno.

Like stateoftarget said don't count on it until after Christmas and checking on how many are coming in will be limited to when each truck is loaded.

Ive been getting them in periodically threw receiving, for example, wensday before black-thursday i got 12 xboxones, today 6 PS4, all depends....

We have been well stocked on PS4s for a while even though we sold 48 on launch. The Xbone though got 8 units on the 22nd at like 10. Haven't recieved anymore since.

PS4s at my store haven't had a Z date for awhile -_- we didn't even have any for Black Friday and stuff even though we said we would

We have had a few Xbox One's and one Day One edition that was never picked up and it disappeared within hours after being un-held lol

We've been selling PS4 like crazy, cant keep in stock.

We had quite a few Xbox Ones in stock as of today though.

We get a couple a week, been taking 4 and 5 trucks.. we're normally a 3 a week store. So keep trying! Find out what days trucks are coming to your store and call right away when they open. Our store holds them for an hour after a guest calls. Good luck!

Quick question, if there's a Target location nearby that's reading 1 in the inventory on the Salesfloor, but calls made to said location gave me the "Sold Out" answer, what could this usually mean? Are they holding it back for a reserve? Or is it a category/inventory error? I only question the latter because it's been reading as such for a couple days now.

When there is a display, one is always accounted for as the display.

Displays for consoles don't get counted, because they don't get sold.

That said, our STL was feeling particularly Vibey the other day and had us hold one for a guest who hasn't come to pick it up yet. So there could be a multitude of reasons why they're showing a count.

The console displays would be a different number in this instance, unlike the TVS. Odds are the counts haven't updated. Anything coming in via truck would have the on hands showing 3 minimum for ps4, 2 for xb1.

Displays for consoles don't get counted, because they don't get sold.

That said, our STL was feeling particularly Vibey the other day and had us hold one for a guest who hasn't come to pick it up yet. So there could be a multitude of reasons why they're showing a count.

This is why I hate holding anything for a guest, particularly heavily in demand items: at least 50% of the time, they never come for it, and then we are stuck holding stuff we could actually be selling.

Quick question, if there's a Target location nearby that's reading 1 in the inventory on the Salesfloor, but calls made to said location gave me the "Sold Out" answer, what could this usually mean? Are they holding it back for a reserve? Or is it a category/inventory error? I only question the latter because it's been reading as such for a couple days now.

The inventory system doesn't update in real-time. That's why the call was made before sending the guest there.

Well not only that but if it accounted every display model as 1, wouldn't all stores have 1 in their inventory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back