MEGATHREAD The On-Demand Team Member (ODTM) Thread

In regards to being able to be hired as an ODTM I find it interesting that on the job description page it says you need to work at least once every 6 months or your employment will be terminated when they just changed it to 4 weeks. Also, at my store at least, hours to pick up on myTime have been very slim.

From the website:

As an On-Demand TM you will not be included on the posted weekly schedule, but rather will have the opportunity to create your own schedule by picking up shifts posted by leaders or other team members (via our myTime mobile scheduling app) that work best with your schedule.

We require your active engagement by picking up and working shifts as well as responding to our attempts at contact.

We will contact you throughout the year (via your provided contact information) and confirm your ability and interest in working shifts at Target. If we do not receive a response to our communication attempts, your employment with Target will be administratively terminated.

Regular attendance is necessary and you must work at least one shift within 6 months or you will be administratively terminated.

Your communication and ability to work when our business demands it most are critical to your success in this role.

That just means you will be auto termed at 6 months. The store can still term you whenever.

The whole OD program was rolled out poorly. The idea that you just keep your discount and not work wasn't what was supposed to happen. The OD team is meant to work more during key times, like BTC and q4. Also to fill in sick calls.

Coming with scheduling standards will be a certain number of unassigned shifts on each schedule to assure that OD teams have something to pick up.

I hope they don't plan to replace Seasonal with OD.

That just means you will be auto termed at 6 months. The store can still term you whenever.

The whole OD program was rolled out poorly. The idea that you just keep your discount and not work wasn't what was supposed to happen. The OD team is meant to work more during key times, like BTC and q4. Also to fill in sick calls.

Coming with scheduling standards will be a certain number of unassigned shifts on each schedule to assure that OD teams have something to pick up.

I hope they don't plan to replace Seasonal with OD.
Irritating that a ft TM went on demand but gets to come in for projects and not put in the daily grind demonstrating loyalty to the store or department. The rest of us stuck regardless of expressing interest and they just walk in.

Regular attendance is necessary and you must work at least one shift within 6 months or you will be administratively terminated.
I love how they also have to write you a letter lol
IMG_3882.jpeg
The whole OD program was rolled out poorly.
That's an understatement lol. Bad bad bad administration and the changes are poorly communicated. The store ETLs are also not all on the same page about how it works.
Many stories from ODTMs on Reddit and the Facebook groups that they get scheduled like regular TMs because their ETLs believe the "On Demand" role means "when there is high demand, I can schedule you."

From the website:

As an On-Demand TM you will not be included on the posted weekly schedule, but rather will have the opportunity to create your own schedule by picking up shifts posted by leaders or other team members (via our myTime mobile scheduling app) that work best with your schedule.
This part sounds so accommodating 🤣😂.... Since the 4hr shift within 4 weeks was implemented hours have gotten scarce. I was told I couldn't put up a note to inform TMs that I can help out with their hours if anyone needs a weekend night off. I've been proactive and verbally letting TMs in my area know how I can help them. Someone is needing help next week with hours and she downloaded the myTime and posted the shifts............ when I went to accept the shifts it said 'Unable to Cover Shift Rule Violation -scheduled for 4.75 hours, which is more than the daily maximum of 4hrs'... I have no other hours for this pay period. So, I'm guessing anything over 4 hours I need to get an override. I just want to work.. 🤣😂 Let's make a tool that is employee friendly.

Unable to Cover Shift Rule Violation -scheduled for 4.75 hours, which is more than the daily maximum of 4hrs'... I have no other hours for this pay period. So, I'm guessing anything over 4 hours I need to get an override. I just want to work.. 🤣😂
ODTMs at my store pick up 4, 5, 5.5, 6, 7, 8, or even 9 hour shifts without problem or override. What the heck!

Irritating that a ft TM went on demand but gets to come in for projects and not put in the daily grind demonstrating loyalty to the store or department. The rest of us stuck regardless of expressing interest and they just walk in.

Why is that irritating to you? More hours for you, after all, right?

Presumably the FT TM would have quit and were given the ODTM/project TM option to keep them on to do something they're willing to do that may be hard to schedule other TMs for, particularly when they need coverage for normal day-to-day tasks.

ODTMs at my store pick up 4, 5, 5.5, 6, 7, 8, or even 9 hour shifts without problem or override. What the heck!
the ETL overrode the system and assigned me the 2 shifts. But kind of a pain. If I were the person that needed the time off and you have someone that wants the shifts, you want the shifts gone so the receiver doesn't change their mind.. 🤣😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230506_133914_myTime for Target.jpg
    Screenshot_20230506_133914_myTime for Target.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 27
So I got an email from HR today asking when my next shift was going to be and what my availability will be for summer. I thought it was weird, considering I am working on Friday and they could just look at the schedule, but asking about my availability was even weirder because I thought the whole point of OD was you didn't really have availability. WTH?

So I got an email from HR today asking when my next shift was going to be and what my availability will be for summer. I thought it was weird, considering I am working on Friday and they could just look at the schedule, but asking about my availability was even weirder because I thought the whole point of OD was you didn't really have availability. WTH?
Considering most on demand are college students who usually come home and work all summer is why they asked you. No harm in asking you could say that you are not interested in working much and only want to pick up occasional shifts.

Why is that irritating to you? More hours for you, after all, right?

Presumably the FT TM would have quit and were given the ODTM/project TM option to keep them on to do something they're willing to do that may be hard to schedule other TMs for, particularly when they need coverage for normal day-to-day tasks.
Schedule the ODTM to help push a 1/3 of the store like the FT TM does daily...and give the FT TM a BREAK, recognition and appreciation, with an opportunity to stretch their skills. Maybe. Naw.

Considering most on demand are college students who usually come home and work all summer is why they asked you. No harm in asking you could say that you are not interested in working much and only want to pick up occasional shifts.

Oh yeah, I am an idiot and didn't even think of that. Makes complete sense.

Anyone hear anything new abou the changes coming to OD? Rumors are flying at my store you now have to work once every pay period? Isnt that a shift every two weeks?

Hmm I will keep my ear to ground see if its just our store. I wouodnt be suprised if it was tbh. Thanks for the feedback! And I deffinitely agree there is no point for on demand if you make people work once a payperiod especially ig this is meant primarily for college people :/

ODTM positions are posted for the store in my area. What are the criteria to get hired for that? Do you still have to have wide open availability? I have kids in sports and my limitations depending on their games schedules and practices of course. I habe flexibility, but can only plan so far ahead.
I applied for ODTM, because it sounds like a good idea, but got rejected. I don’t understand the philosophy behind this. Put the people in a pool and let them figure out a schedule. Otherwise why even have this job opening posted as a choice?

Under what circumstances is a TM allowed to go OD? Is it just for college? I do wish they kept the 6 month rule for college kids. According to my HR, the college kids who will be away now have to put in their 2 week notice. I feel like they won't be back for Xmas or next summer because of that.

Yes. Every ODTM is required to work once every 4 weeks except college students, who are every 6 months.

I just called the number tmsc/hr in HLM's sig line and the woman I spoke with said that they took the 6 month thing away. I think that was dumb on target's part. I don't know how many TMs didn't come back for the holidays or summer, but it was really great to have the ones who did return back again. I think this is a target fail.

Back