Archived The Sign Said!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a woman yell at the softlines folks yesterday, then proceed to complain to me about how they're all stupid and lazy and only doing this for the paycheck and how if SHE was manager they'd all be fired for being so useless....

....because she found a random non-c9 shirt on a rack of c9 shirts with the "buy 2 get $5 off" on top.
This promotion is going to kill us.

I hear that phrase all too often. I don't completely blame the guest because the "50 % off" or "free 5$ gift card" portion of the sign is always so much bigger and prominent than the "when you buy 2,3,4,5" whatever the case maybe.

What I do have a problem with is when a guest picks something up that another guest clearly placed in the wrong spot and demands that price. Example: A 500 dollar pool was placed on an endcap and the label was for a 10 dollar item, it was also the only one on that endcap. The guest demanded to get the pool for 10 bucks. GSTL said I can't do that but I can give you 100 bucks off. Nope that's not good enought. The big cheese is called and says you know what ma'am you can have that 500 dollar pool for 100 bucks. Guest says ok that works. Since when did retail become a business where you can haggle???

I can't stand it when people come to FA and ask me "Hey if I buy two of those (pizzas, popcorn, icee, pretzel, you name it) can I get a discount?"

"Ummmm no you can pay full price for both!" And I know its petty but people who give me shit like that don't get as full of a popcorn. Don't even start with saying oh they won't notice. I know they won't but it makes me feel better haha.

fOLySTm.jpg

ok

Which one of you did this?

Also, how did you do this? Is it possible?

It should be possible to do with a 3x5 ad substitute sign, but I just did it on a regular 3x5 sign. I'll experiment on Friday when I'm on break to figure out how to get it on a 3x5 and make it look good

It should be possible to do with a 3x5 ad substitute sign, but I just did it on a regular 3x5 sign. I'll experiment on Friday when I'm on break to figure out how to get it on a 3x5 and make it look good

How does one place custom text on a sign? Is it possible to do such a thing in Store Apps or does it just need Word?

But you need a TPC 3x5 sign or an ad substitute sign if you have those floating around

I hear that phrase all too often. I don't completely blame the guest because the "50 % off" or "free 5$ gift card" portion of the sign is always so much bigger and prominent than the "when you buy 2,3,4,5" whatever the case maybe.

What I do have a problem with is when a guest picks something up that another guest clearly placed in the wrong spot and demands that price. Example: A 500 dollar pool was placed on an endcap and the label was for a 10 dollar item, it was also the only one on that endcap. The guest demanded to get the pool for 10 bucks. GSTL said I can't do that but I can give you 100 bucks off. Nope that's not good enought. The big cheese is called and says you know what ma'am you can have that 500 dollar pool for 100 bucks. Guest says ok that works. Since when did retail become a business where you can haggle???

I can't stand it when people come to FA and ask me "Hey if I buy two of those (pizzas, popcorn, icee, pretzel, you name it) can I get a discount?"

"Ummmm no you can pay full price for both!" And I know its petty but people who give me shit like that don't get as full of a popcorn. Don't even start with saying oh they won't notice. I know they won't but it makes me feel better haha.

Okay, this person has to be from the same store as me, as this exact same thing just happened this weekend! Crazy

;>}

Attachments

• its_a_working_person_thing_640_13.jpg
    its_a_working_person_thing_640_13.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back