Archived The Sign Said!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How I hate those words...
The sign said the item I brought up is 3.99 when in reality it rings up 9.99. Not enough for me to call the department about it but I will call the department when it happens numerous times.. Either the sign is wrong, or more likely then not, the guest is looking at a product above, below or to the side..
Sometimes I want to laugh, and occasionally I have. I can not believe the sign said this 35.00 hair dryer is 6.99. Are you sure? Was this the only one there?

I hate having to call someone from the department to check a sign for me when I know the guest is wrong, but we are in business to please the guests...

We can't be the only store that this happens to........do you find it more often that it's a guest not reading the sign correctly or that the item has been put in the wrong spot...if the items are being placed randomly on the wrong shelves with the wrong signs constantly, why isn't someone being held accountable for that?

The other thing that can get annoying is - the sign said buy one and get one free.
I want to say NO read the sign all the way through. It's usually buy two or three or four and get one free. It's a rare occasion where we have buy one get one.

And while I'm on the subject of getting things, I hate it when the transaction is complete and the guest asks where their gift card is.. Sigh, let me look at all your items and try to figure out what you thought came with a gift card and then try to figure out what the sign really said.

Oh and one more thing NO!! ginger ale is not part of the coke or Pepsi promotion almost ever!

I had a painting that rang up as $70, guest said it should be $30 or $40 (can't remember). Anyway GSA actually calls back for once and the painting in question is of course $70, but there is a sign above it saying the price the guest quoted. Signs are always BELOW the product, not ABOVE...I'm sure this price changing policy was great on paper when implemented, but I think if we called back over every price difference then people would stop doing it so often. I guess all these price changes are cheaper than adequately staffing the floor so salesfloor is available to do stuff like that in addition to their own work.

Or when they try to claim last week's by 2 get a gift card item is happening this week even though it is not. Also had one today try to say a regular large storage bin was signed as $6.99 when it rang up $15.99. Return amount w/o receipt wasn't even close to $6.99! Thank god a GSA was nearby to call to the salesfloor because I was not about to mark $9 off each bin without approval after price checking.

There's also the damn % off signs for Cartwheel that give me a headache! Guests think it comes off at the register because they don't notice the bit about Cartwheel. Had more than one guest come up with stuff and want the discount without doing anything with Cartwheel. It's a nice reminder for people who have the app but it's gonna cause more headache than good

Cartwheel - the thorn in my side.....I won't go there, I have posted enough about my cartwheel loathing

Oh how I hate signs and sales. It seems to happen constantly. Everyone knows to just say my name on the walkie to double check a sign since I'm not for giving in unless it's evident. If it doesn't ring up at the register, there's a great chance that the guest is wrong.

Back when we had the buy one get one half off on sweaters, I had to explain to too many guests the difference between sweaters and long sleeved shirts.

Do you know what else I hate? When a guest will say - all the diapers have signs. They are all on sale..So many times I want to say - let me walk back there with you so we can count the signs and count the diapers..it's not on all of them, though seeing so many signs in the diaper aisle may have confused your mind a bit so that you thought you saw a sign at each box of diapers.

Oh how I hate signs and sales. It seems to happen constantly. Everyone knows to just say my name on the walkie to double check a sign since I'm not for giving in unless it's evident. If it doesn't ring up at the register, there's a great chance that the guest is wrong.

Back when we had the buy one get one half off on sweaters, I had to explain to too many guests the difference between sweaters and long sleeved shirts.

Or having to explain the difference between apparel and accessories..or apparel and outerwear. Grrrr

Do you know what else I hate? When a guest will say - all the diapers have signs. They are all on sale..So many times I want to say - let me walk back there with you so we can count the signs and count the diapers..it's not on all of them, though seeing so many signs in the diaper aisle may have confused your mind a bit so that you thought you saw a sign at each box of diapers.
I kinda want to do this one day. Suspend their order and walk back there with them to see the sign. Of course it will come up as their mistake, but you'll probably piss them off doing so.
I'M THE CUSTOMER I'M ALWAYS RIGHT
"Actually you're a guest here, so that statement doesn't apply" :D

Seriously had a guest at the front lanes complain when her 1.99 food was rang up "BUT IT SAID 2 FOR 3.98" I gave a blank stare... i had no idea what to say... i said yeah thats the right price she goes "Well im gonna check the sign and youll have to adjust the price"
That's a bit worse than the lady who got some 50% off clearance that had originally been $12, but marked down to $6 (via price inquiry). The sign said $6 (and other signs in the area said everything 50% off), so this made her think that the item should be $3. No. The item is signed correctly, and if you had read the tag closer you would've seen that the $6 price was factoring in the 50% off. Some people just can't math.

Oh and one more thing NO!! ginger ale is not part of the coke or Pepsi promotion almost ever!

Same with 7 Up and Dr. Pepper. People don't seem to realize that not every brand of pop is produced by Pepsi or Coca-Cola.

There's also the damn % off signs for Cartwheel that give me a headache! Guests think it comes off at the register because they don't notice the bit about Cartwheel. Had more than one guest come up with stuff and want the discount without doing anything with Cartwheel. It's a nice reminder for people who have the app but it's gonna cause more headache than good

That's not as bad as the signs for the text message coupons. I've had many a guest argue about those signs.

Seriously had a guest at the front lanes complain when her 1.99 food was rang up "BUT IT SAID 2 FOR 3.98" I gave a blank stare... i had no idea what to say... i said yeah thats the right price she goes "Well im gonna check the sign and youll have to adjust the price"

facepalm.gif

Some people just can't math.

Some people just can't life.

I had a lady give me a hard time about a sign she LIED about saying buy one get one free on Fruit leather. the register said "buy 4 get one free" according to "price inquire" she only bought two so I thought to myself "well it is only a dollar something" so I changed it.... it is not like she was buying say 10 of them and trying to pull this. When I went to do some personal shopping on my break I saw what the sign did say and there was NO BOGO sign anywhere near the fruit leather.... I hope that bitch does not punish her daughter (who she had with her) for lying because she would be a fucking hypocrite. UGH

I had a guest the other day bring up an item that was like 4.99 or something and she kept telling me it came with a 5 dollar gift card. It took everything in me not to tell her, "Ma'am you are not going to get a 5 dollar gift card on a 5 dollar item. Does that make any sense to you?" but I had someone go over and check the sign and yeah. People are stupid.

My favorite is in the clearance, "is it 70% off the red ticket?" Yup! I mean the sign only says "Prices as market!" and we're definitely going to give you that shirt for 2.00! I can't even handle people anymore.

Love the sticker slappers. Had a guest slap a sticker on a $24.99 sweater that said "Online Item - $2.96." She argued & argued that we should honor it because that's what the sticker says. Yeah, no.

People lie. The smart thing to do is make up small stuff that they know we won't check. I had this old, rude lady in my checklane a little while after doing go-backs for chem. She told me that $3.99 Up&Up toilet papers, the only thing she was purchasing, were marked as $1.83 each. She told me that there was a huge sign there and everything, and normally I would just do it, but I actually asked a free cashier to do a quick walk and let me know. The lady starts huffing and puffing saying this is very rude and she knows she's right, and I calmly explain to her that this is protocol and would just be a minute. The lady loudly says "Bye!" and leaves her things, and my coworker, moments later, walkies me saying that there was no sign there at all.

She was posed to save only about $5, so I'll admit that she was clever, because if I wasn't in chem earlier I would have definitely just done it. But she was rude, and I didn't trust her. One of the proudest moments of my Target career, at least in the "one-upping shady guests" category.

The best part is having a TM bring the sign up to show the guest, and they still get upset. "No, that's not right, your signs are misleading."
It's either that, or you can't read past the second word. But hey, who am I? I just work here or something.

I'm one of those TMs that bring the sign right to the register. I have no problem putting it back afterwards. I've learned, that people will try to save any amount possible, even if they know it's inaccurate.

I backed up as cashier when I had a lady try to buy something. She said it was half the price then what it rang up as. Unfortunately it was my area and I go to work early to check out all the current sales. I knew she was full of it....especially when she said there were all these sale signs around. I walkied a TM and she couldn't find anything. So the guests said she was gonna go back there. I watched her walk right out the doors. I refuse to please a guest when they are trying to take advantage of target. It's not just target, it's having morals.

The best thing is when they accuse you for taking down the sign after being called by the GSTL at the register. They come back to check and there's no sign, so obviously to cause trouble and pain and anguish for the guest, you naturally took the sign down. "YOU REMOVED THE SIGN!!"

I personally don't care with vibing with the guest. If it comes to them lying to save a few cents, I'll go out of my way to deny them. If it's a normal guest that isn't looking for something for nothing, I have no issues. I just don't want my store to have a reputation for letting everything go. So I'll stick to policy...i don't care if your child is distraught because the boots she wore for the past year, lost its sparkles. No receipt, no refund, have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back