Archived The "Vent about all the crazy shit that happened during your shift" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really need to learn to say "yes" right away the next time somebody asks me if I'm busy. Maybe its because I have a desk and a computer and spend a lot of time "just" sitting there? Never mind the fact that I'm still trying to train myself since any tentative plans to actually get me training at another store have been pushed back again, to next week at the earliest? So while I'm struggling with how to handle a bunch of overdue and current MIRs, unfuck the filing system, learn the delivery schedule and who knows what else, they want me to do things like take care of flow's trash or work on 7 pages of empty location audits in the steel.

Not even two weeks into this and I'm thinking the raise and weekends off (maybe; trying to keep my hours up just became a nightmare) was not worth the stress.

So even though I'm no longer in the front lanes, I got a complaint yesterday. So here's what happened.

My buddy was the closing GSA last night and I was scheduled in the Backroom. So apparently, this lady came in and bee lined to the service desk. Right off the bat, she asked for the manager (my buddy). She started complaining that a "racist manager", who's description sounded a lot like me, scammed her out of her savings. Through up a huge stink. But here's the kick; she then said that this was from OCTOBER. When mwy buddy was telling me what happened, I vaguely remembered the transaction and the lady. SO what really happened was that she "found" a pair of $40 boots on a clearance endcap in Infant, so she wanted the non-existent clearance price for it. Then, in the same breath, she wanted me to apply a cartwheel that was 30% off a certain brand of shoes or something. Completely different brand. So obviously, I did neither. I explained that the item wasn't on clearance (I also scanned the item in Sort Items, since that will usually print out a clearance sticker if it has it) and that the cartwheel wouldn't work since it's the wrong brand. If I remember correctly, she just kept saying "But it was said 'Clearance'!!" "But it says 30% off!" until she finally left. So she apparently called corporate, and came back because she corporate hadn't "followed up" with her and she hadn't received any information.

Our brilliant ETL-LOG has decided that the backroom needs more TMs on truck days, but since we are still understaffed, he accomplished this by taking hours from non-truck days (I suspect this came down from above, since he doesn't usually like to try new things).

So today we had a whopping two people scheduled in the backroom. An opener and a closer. The opener was still expected to do the audit, pull and push the autofills, pull whatever research and random batches TLs asked for, pull for guests, and pull the 11s, 12s, and 1s. And I guess take a lunch somewhere in there.

I helped pull the autos, and we each pushed one before I had to start on SFS and he had to start pulling other batches.

Our brilliant ETL-LOG has decided that the backroom needs more TMs on truck days, but since we are still understaffed, he accomplished this by taking hours from non-truck days (I suspect this came down from above, since he doesn't usually like to try new things).

So today we had a whopping two people scheduled in the backroom. An opener and a closer. The opener was still expected to do the audit, pull and push the autofills, pull whatever research and random batches TLs asked for, pull for guests, and pull the 11s, 12s, and 1s. And I guess take a lunch somewhere in there.

I helped pull the autos, and we each pushed one before I had to start on SFS and he had to start pulling other batches.

Fuck all of that. Yesterday we had 8 people scheduled in the Backroom. 1 TM and the BRTL from 6:30-2:30, 2 TMs from 8-4:30, 1 from 11-7:30, myself from 2-10, and two closers from 4-12. We actually had more people in the backroom than on the sales floor. Literally, our last HLTM left at 10:30 which left only the Sr. CTL on the sales floor, so after the last round of CAFs myself and one of the other closers pushed the remaining pulls and worked on reshop, while the remaining closer worked on research batches and set the line.

Thanks for the encouragement @Produce Queen ! Today went much better aside from the spending too long huffing detergent fumes while cleaning ESIM bins. Going to have to add "make sure people bag things properly" to my big old list of stuff to do.

And training is actually happening next week, so that's something.
At my store, if ESIM isn't processed correctly, we will get it back (at the SD) and told to please bag it correctly before it'll be accepted.

At my store, if ESIM isn't processed correctly, we will get it back (at the SD) and told to please bag it correctly before it'll be accepted.
Its actually flow and backroom giving me grief right now; flow with improper bagging and backroom thinking since their defectives tub is full, they can just bring everything to receiving to take care of. Instead of you know, taking care of their defectives. Thanks for the stuff missing its packaging dude, I'll get right on tracking those down as soon as you take care of these ship to store orders sitting by the desk.

But hey, at least I get this weekend off! Then I'm scheduled the next 12 days in a row. Most of those 5 or less hours. What. The. Hell.

12?!
Dayum, that's harsh.
Things ya gotta do to get hours......

Eh, if I could bring in my cheap one I would. I got it for 50% off plus an extra discount coupon a couple years back. I think I paid around $30 for it. It's a dorm style one with no reservoir & you just pour the water in each time.

Also my pharmacy has a small sink for handwashing and rinsing compounding utensils. So we wouldn't even have to keep a jug of water on standby for it!

Today was crazy. We had a total of 3 sales floor TMs and 4 cashiers working at any one time. I was backing up constantly and had no time to do my tasks.

Also, a Starbucks TM was asked to do a 16hr shift because of inventory. The SB TL had already clocked out before they "found out" about it so couldn't say. I say BS, punches get deleted all the time, TL probably just didn't want to stay.

Just a typical day at turd Target. Worked noon to 7pm. I thought I was under the impression that I would have help with the CAF batches until 430pm but hahaha no. Of course not. That would make too sense.
Arrive at turd Target at noon to work and head back to pull the grocery side 12pm CAF batches aka "shit that early morning backroom just back stocked". At around 15 minutes, my always cheerful and supportive team lead asks a question that I just know will lead to fireworks. "What do you do when you can't find an item in FF". I sadly bit the bait and said "I either delete it or get an ETL/LOD to do it". Start the countdown for the fireworks. I got a huge chunk out of my hairy butt chewed off. I told my bitch boss that "I had two ETLs say that it was okay especially if the store is very busy and they can't get to it".
I eventually accept defeat mainly because my butt is really hurting since my bitch boss chewed a huge chunk out of it. I tell her "okay, from now on, if I can't find an item in FF, I will give the LOD three notices and after that it's not my responsibility and that means that if they don't do delete it in time, I don't want a lecture about it".
I also jokingly say "oh my God sometimes I wish I had a body cam on me at Target" and she actually thought I was being serious and said "well you can't record people at target" and I was a mood where I wanted to ARGUE so I said "well in Texas, when you're in a public place, you don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy so you can be recorded without your permission". HAHAHAHAHEHEHEHEHEHOHOHOHO.

Okay so that was just the beginning of my wonderful day at turd Target. At 1pm, I start on the 1pm CAF batches and after 15 minutes of pulling, I see that no one is pulling anything on the hardlines side of the stockroom. So I'm thinking okay "maybe my helper is pulling POGs or backstocking and that's why they aren't fucking helping me". I don't get to the line until about 140pm and none of the hardlines side CAF batches have been done so I'm thinking "where is my help, did the stupid bitch leave early as usual". I get on my walkie talkie and say "LOD, can I please get some help in the backroom with the CAF batches". They of course do what they normally and try to get out of it by saying "go to channel 2" and "where is your help". I reply with "I have no idea where she is".
The LOD calls out the lazy piece of shit backroom team member by her name and no response for like 5 minutes. Then the always helpful(NOT) HR woman says about my help "she clocked out at 115pm".
And I was like "WOW". So I had to get the bubba( a good bubba) that works in receiving to help me finish the 1pm CAF batches.
I am able to get the 2pm CAF batches. But at 3pm, it's the same scenario and the receiving bubba has to help me again and we get done at about 350pm.

Here is the clincher(a great song by Chevelle)
The receiving team member says "apparently bitch thought she was working at 6am so they let her leave 3 hours early". My helper today was scheduled
9am to 430pm.

That is 9am to 430pm. Not 6am to 1pm. The stupid bitch had been on vacation for the past 6 weeks(I have no idea).

After the receiving guy told me that, I laughed loudly for probably about 2 to 3 minutes.

ROFL!

Here is the funniest thing about the whole turd of a day: I had spoken to BOTH of my bosses in the backroom they didn't even tell me about it.
They couldn't say "oh hey, your help is leaving you 3 hours early so you're gonna be fucked on the big ass CAF batches".

Please can someone answer this for me. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Why on Earth was that backroom team member allowed to clock in for work 3 hours early when on 3 different schedules, she was scheduled today from 9am to 430pm? Would that fly at your work? Would a team member be allowed to do that shit?

I usually come in at noon and leave at 730pm or 8pm. Does that mean I can come in at 9am and leave at 430pm or 5pm?

I don't care if this bitch worker had been working 6am to 230pm forever. The schedule has changed. My backroom ETL even told me the other day that the schedule was going to change to accommodate the CAF batches workload.

Starbucks basically went on strike?

Literally every SBTM called out today except one of the newbies for an opening shift. Apparently they are all still incredibly pissed over a GSA getting promoted to SBTL and a cashier as the assistant TL (I...didn't even know we had one of those?) They were telling me it was a slap in the face to them, they're pissed with how the store is being run etc etc Apparently one of them is being fired too. Found out the ETL-GE is leaving (also heard she's getting fired because she gets hella complaints from guests and TMs).

We've had way more call outs than usual in general too

What are you all even doing. Stop that.

Literally every SBTM called out today except one of the newbies for an opening shift. Apparently they are all still incredibly pissed over a GSA getting promoted to SBTL and a cashier as the assistant TL (I...didn't even know we had one of those?) They were telling me it was a slap in the face to them, they're pissed with how the store is being run etc etc Apparently one of them is being fired too. Found out the ETL-GE is leaving (also heard she's getting fired because she gets hella complaints from guests and TMs).

It sounds like your front end is going down in flames. I reckon it's a good time for you to abandon ship and hop over to Hardlines ;)

Id be pissed too if a person who has no experience what so ever got chosen over me for a Team lead job in the area I had experience in! Its a huge insult!

It sounds like your front end is going down in flames. I reckon it's a good time for you to abandon ship and hop over to Hardlines ;)
The GSA that got promoted basically told me to do it too lol She was really the only reason I stayed in the front lanes because we were basically each other's faves to work with because we knew how to get shit done together. Now there's nothing keeping me in the front lanes so Imma be oooooout.

Id be pissed too if a person who has no experience what so ever got chosen over me for a Team lead job in the area I had experience in! Its a huge insult!
Yep, that is exactly their feelings. I wonder how they're going to handle today. It's payday I wanna see them call out on that lol I still really feel bad for the new TL, she's super sweet and does get shit done, but they're hella hating on her because of it. Hell, one of the older GSAs is calling her a bitch now.

We had a line of 30 people waiting outside right as the store opened. All of the essentials (shovels, milk, de-icer, etc.) was sold out within the hour. I heard that at one point the checklanes were backed up all the way to HBA, so that meant there were probably 10-15 people in line for each open lane. Wisely, I think, I stayed on channel 2 and nobody bugged me about backup.

I was scheduled as SFS, and there were 5-6 of us all there at 7 am with only about 19 batches to pick so needless to say we were done picking by about 9. So me and a couple SFS TMs spent most of the day as honorary sales floor TMs. If I had a nickel for every time I was asked "Where are the flashlights" I would have so much money that the 1.3 billion dollar powerball would be chump change. If I also got another nickel for every time I was asked "Where are the sleds/candles/lighters/gloves/heaters", I could single handedly wipe out the US national debt and still have enough money to make Donald Trump my personal secretary.

I would have appreciated just a little advance notice there was an entertainment return scan this week instead of coming in today for flow and my TL, first thing this morning telling me they did the scan yesterday (while I was off training). Several times today I got some little nudges to get the damn thing out ASAP. Unlike the last one, which sat around for a few months I guess? Meanwhile I'm drowning in MIRs because I have no time and nobody who covered my shifts this week for training did a damn thing except check in vendors.

So yeah, let me add that to my list of shit to do along with scavenging for boxes, cleaning the everloving daylights out of my workspace and watching HR like a hawk to make sure she comes through on getting me more hours.

But hey, six days down! Six more until I get a day off. One. Freaking. Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back