Archived The "Vent about all the crazy shit that happened during your shift" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, it seems like all of my bad shifts pale in comparison to some of the things in this thread. I guess if there's anything to complain about, it's the time that not one, but TWO people managed to knock over glass items in my lane that I and the cart attendant then had to clean up. Now there's a purple stain on the floor thanks to the bottle of wine that shattered...

Came in this morning to a line full on both sides with toy transition.
I'm with you on that one... We had 15 pallets of toy transition yesterday and we're getting another 300 pieces of transition on today's truck.

Heads would roll if all that happened at my store.

It wouldn't cold boot?
Only head rolling is mine from shaking it too much.

I'm working on getting people to stop shitting over my area but its slow work when every Monday I feel like I'm starting over from from square one.

Yesterday I showed the GSTL that pizza and gently reminded her to tell her team what to do with perishable returns. Today I hopefully have time to attend a huddle and yell at flow team for being too lazy to move boxes two whole feet.

And I couldn't get that PDA to cold boot at all. Even leaving the battery out for a while (probably not long enough) didn't help. I'm just glad I only has two deliveries and no packages to check in.

Came in this morning to a line full on both sides with toy transition. A trailer with the line still inside, a bale, puddles of broken jam jars, plastic bags everywhere. Bales outside in places they shouldn't be, like the far side of the storage units. FDC pallets outside. A recall for bedding with 2 pages of DPCIs to look through. Frozen pizza defected out on the 21st, packaging still intact. A pile of repacks in front of an empty pallet because fucking flow team, that's why. A pile of salvage because I have absolutely nowhere to put pallets right now. An ETL who keeps asking me when I'll get to the backroom's defectives (because that's my job now?) and seems to be ignoring the mess that is the line. A PDA that I couldn't reboot to hopefully unfuck the nearly unresponsive touchscreen. I had to press very hard on the screen (to the point I was worried I'd break it) just to get anything on the bottom half to register. Somebody decided it would be a good idea to make the milk pallets disappear and just stack the crates against the wall so tomorrow I get to hear everybody complain about how lazy the milk driver is for not taking the time to collect and palletize them.

Somewhere while trying to deal with all this I got a little frustrated and hit the overhead door (which since Thursday, has been trying to kill someone every time it opens). Cue having to get x-rays to make sure I didn't break anything. Waiting on the final verdict, but for now I'm wearing an awful brace for the next few weeks and waiting anxiously for the bill.

Lesson of the day: I need to learn how to count to 10 and take a deep breath. Or two. Maybe three.

Did you report this to the LOD or HR? This is a work related injury and Target should have sent you to a doctor and pay any related expenses. If you didn't be sure to talk to someone from HR today.

I'm with you on that one... We had 15 pallets of toy transition yesterday and we're getting another 300 pieces of transition on today's truck.

That is better than the 29 Pallets of Shopping Bags (not joking) someone at the DC sent us...

LOL! causing a completely unnecessary double truck...

You gotta be fuckin kidding me. I would like to know what they were talking about when loading an entire truck full of just shopping bags at the DC, for 1 store.

Our BR Looked HILARIOUS, because they had to still unload it all.... then load it on a sweep back to the DC.

Last edited:
That is better than the 29 Pallets of Shopping Bags (not joking) someone at the DC sent us...

You gotta be fuckin kidding me. I would like to know what they were talking about when loading an entire truck full of just shopping bags at the DC, for 1 store.

Our BR Looked HILARIOUS, because they had to still unload it all.... then load it on a sweep back to the DC.

Hope you kept a pallet, cause 4th quarter, you probably won't get any bags.

At least you could sweep it back. Our 12 pallets yes 12 pallets of the toilet paper we still have 8 of them and have a permanent endcap of it along with the home. It is all one DCPI. It took up one entire top run in the steel. We can't give it away.

At least you could sweep it back. Our 12 pallets yes 12 pallets of the toilet paper we still have 8 of them and have a permanent endcap of it along with the home. It is all one DCPI. It took up one entire top run in the steel. We can't give it away.
TPC it

I would have been scratching my head looking at the carton count on WPT. "Why are they sending us a double if one of them is only 200 pieces?"

We did, We always keep a Pallet (atleast) on hand at all times. When I realized that 29 Pallets of Bags translated closely to $29,000... I instantly thought of that as "That is equivalent to like 8 Waves, why couldn't they fuck up and send me one or something"

At my UF Btc store we are getting product front loaded this year. Literally everything is organized and perfect looking but completely packed out and full inside our BR and the 5 units outside. Yes we are still getting tons of the same merch. #whoseputtingallthatshitout?

Our new metered unload process is unreal too, best thing since sliced bread if you know how to work it.

I know the DC that feeds us is getting ready for an inventory so they have just slamming its stores with anything and everything it doesn't want to deal with.

#wheredoweputallthishit?

Need to have a friendly chat with the front end about not leaving frozen food sitting on my desk, even if it is on recall. Came in today and had to clean up a puddle of brownish liquid. Just need to find the time and brainpower to write a note that doesn't start with "Listen up you fuckwits..."

Denied my first order today because I'm sick of Pepsi over-ordering and then hearing everyone from the salesfloor TL to the Pepsi merchandiser complain about it. A couple hours later, the salesman shows up to ask why I did it and show me all the outs that won't be filled. That's great dude but you tried to bring in 8 cases of 2-liters when we're sitting on a full shelf and a decent amount in the backroom. That's 64 bottles, of just one flavor. I don't care if its on sale, or that your philosophy is "better to have more than you need than run out." Oh no, now we won't have those 4 12-packs of Orange Crush! Well, we also won't have the several additional cases of regular 12-packs you ordered, on top of the piles already in the store.

Yesterday I left some packages un-checked in because Receive was acting up and the items inside were not on file and I didn't have time to figure that out. Come in today and they're sitting on the salesfloor. Sitting on z-racks waiting to be pushed. Paperwork and packaging is gone. I feel bad for assuming the ETL-LOG is behind this but its probably a safe bet.
I know I am late on this but whatever. The front end people kill me...apparently the little trashcan on the throw away label means leave in my area. These people have been known to leave trashbags in my area too...little bastards!
My soda vendors know not to overstock my area. I will refuse an order in a NY minute! The week after the 4th of July I refused orders from all three companies! I also will refuse beer, Nabisco and Kraft orders.

And I couldn't get that PDA to cold boot at all. Even leaving the battery out for a while (probably not long enough) didn't help. I'm just glad I only has two deliveries and no packages to check in.

Try rebuilding it on the configuration cradle. If it still doesn't work after that, it may have to be called in to CSC.

Ahhhhh inventory prep was fun!
>Everyone's most hated ETL misreads the schedule for some reason and tries to make the inventory crew put up ads instead. We were VERY behind so this was a very bad thing on her part.
>ETL in charge of inventory is like "hey where is everyone?" And then finds out and he is PISSED
>Had to backstock tubs and tubs and TUBS worth of stuff thanks to our former ETL-LOG's strange aversion to backstock and the flow team's laziness
>Found shit from Christmas
>Had to pile most of the domestic clearance onto one end cap to make extra sales floor space for the overstock.
>Several NCNS's on the inventory leaving only two of us to super zone our worst shopped departments
>RGIS people come in and make such a mess that we have to stay even later than anticipated
>Find out today that a coworker quit with a bang and am still trying to find the whole story

Ahhhhh inventory prep was fun!
>Everyone's most hated ETL misreads the schedule for some reason and tries to make the inventory crew put up ads instead. We were VERY behind so this was a very bad thing on her part.
>ETL in charge of inventory is like "hey where is everyone?" And then finds out and he is PISSED
>Had to backstock tubs and tubs and TUBS worth of stuff thanks to our former ETL-LOG's strange aversion to backstock and the flow team's laziness
>Found shit from Christmas
>Had to pile most of the domestic clearance onto one end cap to make extra sales floor space for the overstock.
>Several NCNS's on the inventory leaving only two of us to super zone our worst shopped departments
>RGIS people come in and make such a mess that we have to stay even later than anticipated
>Find out today that a coworker quit with a bang and am still trying to find the whole story

a couple Years ago we had someone from RGIS totally go "fuck it" on the one spot count... and I mean... they literally put 1, when there was about 86....

There we were like 4 of us, counting one spot and all its DPCI's after a random overnight shift for an extra hour or two... So fun.

a couple Years ago we had someone from RGIS totally go "fuck it" on the one spot count... and I mean... they literally put 1, when there was about 86....

There we were like 4 of us, counting one spot and all its DPCI's after a random overnight shift for an extra hour or two... So fun.
Yikes!! Last year this one chick counted 0 on a whole softlines table and the woman in charge of the RGIS crew was ready to rip her a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back