Archived The "Vent about all the crazy shit that happened during your shift" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
a couple Years ago we had someone from RGIS totally go "fuck it" on the one spot count... and I mean... they literally put 1, when there was about 86....

There we were like 4 of us, counting one spot and all its DPCI's after a random overnight shift for an extra hour or two... So fun.

No that is how they count. One spot = one.. Just like anything shrink wrapped = 1, not six that just wrapped together. One year we had one idiot count all the assortments in women's softlines count them all as the first DCPI that they scanned..

Today my crazy shit was finding almost all of the BTC hangers were mispicks. lovely. All the black hangers were mis-picked with white ones.. Blue with orange and some dark green, that are valid but not for our store. Cases upon cases of these damn things.. That was my afternoon.

Today my crazy shit was finding almost all of the BTC hangers were mispicks. lovely. All the black hangers were mis-picked with white ones.. Blue with orange and some dark green, that are valid but not for our store. Cases upon cases of these damn things.. That was my afternoon.

We've had so many mispicks since we started getting blasted with BTS/BTC freight. I don't know what the hell is going on at the DC.

Was about to clock out and guest services called me to the front. For a ship to store order of breast pumps and something involving insuranced. So I just stood there, nodded and said variations on "I think the LOD should deal with this," "Isn't there a number to call for this" and "I don't know anything about ship to stores." while the guest goes "no, the order was correct, wait, maybe not, hmm, I'll call real quick be right back."

What is it about receiving that makes people think I know everything? Especially with ship to store orders, because I also get calls from Target.com asking if something came in and all I can tell them is "yeah we got some packages last week, no I don't remember how big they were or what was in them, I just sign for this shit." Except the one time I spent twenty minutes helping the caller troubleshoot why an order wasn't showing up, running back and forth between my desk and front end.

But that was a slow day. And the GSTL is always either real busy with LOD things, doesn't know how to do something (like use MySupport for example), or both.

So.
>People weren't able to finish the massive trucks from Friday AND Monday. That went as well as you'd expect.
>I also found out that for some bizzare reason, glue and glue sticks were piling up in the backroom and nobody was pulling them because everyone was so focused on these trucks
>Spent half of my shift digging glues ticks out of the backrook instead of zoning because guest complaints
>did I mention we missed sales by only FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS because of this? Yeah
>I don't know how the fuck this happened but we got two adjacencies for the toys reset and nobody knows what the fuck to do because the PPTL is on vacation.
>A huge chunk of an aisle is street dated stuff for April 20-fucking-17
>Oh! I was supposed to be on plano today but that didn't happen because of the truck issue
>I didn't even know the flow team aND the reciever were even allowed to stay as late as they did today

Last edited:
For some reason the store is refusing to schedule any bike building. We have a lot of unbuilt bikes to the point where the fire marshal got mad about the pile sitting on the floor.

We also have some storage containers outside that backroom apparently has just been LOCUing in when pulling batches. So leadership decided let's bring everything inside and put all the bikes outside. Unlocated, of course. And all that furniture is going where the bikes used to be stored. I see no way this is going to backfire at all.

Also a UPS driver tried to tip me yesterday.

Nice about the driver. :D

When we are behind on bikes, our receiver will build a couple every day to help catch up :eek:. Of course, that is in addition to scheduling a bike builder.

A couple years ago I actually was scheduled to learn bike building. Instead they had me push reshop and do 4x4s.

Oh my god, it just wouldn't slow down at the front end today. I went in at noon and got asked to stay an extra hour because someone else called off. Left close to ten. I'm so damn fried and angry. Almost want to quit from how stressful it was. There were too many price hagglers and other problematic folks.

Check Workbench, there was something on there about this. I'm not POG so I didn't look at it in detail but I think it dealt with Cars product?
YES yes it did! We ran into a similar problem where almost a whole endcap was street dated stuff which really sucked

Yeah on one of the adjacencies it was a huuuge chunk of the aisle that was street dated and the poor kid who was pushing PTM was freaking out because we were worried about having a huge chunk of emptiness and we would look like Target Canada

Holy crap I was looking to see if anyone else was talking about the Cars thing! This happened to our store a couple days ago and this poor kid was BAWLING because we couldn't sell it to him and I couldn't find any info about it! It was THE WORST. Is it fixed now or is that stuff genuinely supposed to not go out until April??

Sell it for 1.77. I can't figure out how spot can do temp price cut on a street dated item on 04/30. It's august, folks! Sell it!

Not bad by any means, but we had some guests from out of state visiting and they were incredibly excited to go to Target. How I envy them.

There was a headline on workbench that said it was fixed and stores can put them back on the floor.

It might have rained a little last night. Helped a driver break down a pallet of wine and restack it on a flatbed because he said there was no way he was parking at the dock and getting out into that mess, which I totally understand. Thank God the water later receded just enough so I could reach the pin lock because otherwise I was going to have to tie bags around my legs and have a terrible day.

Attachments

• WP_20160816_08_32_30_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160816_08_32_30_Pro.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 78
My city flooded this past weekend. Put one of our stores under 8 feet of water.

Somebody threw one of those sidecap shippers into the compactor, blocking things up. Then everyone else threw their trash on top of it. Guess who ended up digging through trash to fix it? Good thing that one TM who likes to empty cages into the compactor didn't pull that shit today too because Bad Things would have happened...

My city flooded this past weekend. Put one of our stores under 8 feet of water.
:eek: How do you even recover from something like that? Anything that isn't up in the steel is probably worthless now.

Somebody threw one of those sidecap shippers into the compactor, blocking things up. Then everyone else threw their trash on top of it. Guess who ended up digging through trash to fix it? Good thing that one TM who likes to empty cages into the compactor didn't pull that shit today too because Bad Things would have happened...

:eek: How do you even recover from something like that? Anything that isn't up in the steel is probably worthless now.

You clean and gut the place. Even it doesn't get wet odds are it will mold while waiting to get insurance and permits. Everything not steel or concrete get gone.

Reshop bothers me in general, but today when I was collecting hand baskets, I found a pile that had a mop bucket at the top. It fit perfectly. Almost seemed like someone was trying to mess with me and piss me off.
You clean and gut the place. Even it doesn't get wet odds are it will mold while waiting to get insurance and permits. Everything not steel or concrete get gone.
Geez, that's rough. When are you guys gonna be able to operate again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back