Archived The "Vent about all the crazy shit that happened during your shift" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
what exactly is that? How many items guests brought in to each room?
It's a high risk and high volume store so they have to write numbers of items total as well as the various departments the items come from

It's a high risk and high volume store so they have to write numbers of items total as well as the various departments the items come from

I'm a high volume store although we're not high risk. We'd never have time for that. The fitting room operator has to help with reshop and the zone, plus the phones. I just don't see how we could even do that.

Did you know that some display vacuums are ESIM? And that when the FDC forgets to include a pallet on the paperwork and the driver calls you several hours after unload about a pallet on his truck that you didn't know you had, returning it to the FDC isn't the right answer, even when the driver offers to?

Because I sure as hell didn't.

Vacuums may be esim because it's a rug cleaner. The ones that are saleable have bottle of rug cleaner and it's the cleaner that is esim. I remember swifters was the same thing. HQ sent instructions to remove and donate the chemicals and throw away the handles.

Vacuums may be esim because it's a rug cleaner. The ones that are saleable have bottle of rug cleaner and it's the cleaner that is esim. I remember swifters was the same thing. HQ sent instructions to remove and donate the chemicals and throw away the handles.
That does make sense; I remember being told something similar with vaporizers. So what do you do with the rest of the display?

I see. Was told this week that we're supposed to start defecting out NCF displays so I'm getting a mix of salvage, CRC, toss and the aforementioned ESIM.

Somebody took down an entire endcap of vendor product and backstocked it. I don't know when this happened and I kind of wish I hadn't found out.

Also first thing this morning a TL drops a box of defectives at my desk and goes "watch out for the broken glass. Don't want you getting hurt." Thanks for going the extra mile, buddy.

Also first thing this morning a TL drops a box of defectives at my desk and goes "watch out for the broken glass. Don't want you getting hurt." Thanks for going the extra mile, buddy.[/QUOTE]
I love how they will bring an unopened case that we both know from the sound there is a broken item. I tell them open it up and stock the non broken items. Then bring me the broken. OMG you think I'm telling them to handle the broken glass piece by tiny piece.

I almost wanna know how the hell it could be possible to fuck up the receiver's schedule.

Receiving should work from dock open til dock close, with some hours outside of that for MIRs, and the rest can be filled in with flow/backroom hours until you get it up to 40.

My current receiving schedule: 8a-2:30p. Dock hours are 8a-1p so that gives me 1.5 hours to do things away from the dock without worrying about vendors showing up. I used to get some hours with flow team but that's stopped. 30 hours.

The schedule I was told I'd get: 6a-2p, every weekday. Two hours before open to get shit done, then probably the rest of my shift spent around the dock. 38 glorious hours.

What I got: 6a-2p twice a week, 7:30a-1p the other 3 days. Back down to 30. Looking back, I think part of my reaction is having to hear this from the person who inspires instinctive dread anytime I hear them speak.

Last edited:
One time me and this girl were prepping for christmas? We were stacking extra shelves on top of toys for the first couple of isles to get extra product on the floor. Needed to grab more shelves, so we went to the fitting room. It was locked, called for the LOD once. Waits a couple seconds. Called for the LOD. Waits a couple minutes. Ended up calling about 4-5 times and the soft lines TL comes over sees me i'm on my phone sitting down just waiting for the LOD. Wasn't sure where the LOD was (was the STL that day) and the PMT ended up just taking the lock off the door undrilling it for us. haha!

I've only been getting 5 hours a week for the past month, and next week the only shift that I have is a 4 hour shift from 8pm to 12am. What kind of shit is this? And this is with 4 days of wide open availability. If the next two week out schedule doesn't give me at least 16 hours, I am going to have to put in my two weeks very soon and find somewhere else to work. Half of our backroom team is of the same mind, and if hours don't pick up for our team very soon there will be a mass exodus of dayside Backroom Team Members. You are playing a very dangerous game, Target.

I've only been getting 5 hours a week for the past month, and next week the only shift that I have is a 4 hour shift from 8pm to 12am. What kind of shit is this? And this is with 4 days of wide open availability. If the next two week out schedule doesn't give me at least 16 hours, I am going to have to put in my two weeks very soon and find somewhere else to work. Half of our backroom team is of the same mind, and if hours don't pick up for our team very soon there will be a mass exodus of dayside Backroom Team Members. You are playing a very dangerous game, Target.

Yeah that's ridiculous. I wouldn't wait for the next schedule I would confront (respectfully) your schedule writer.

I know for a fact many ETLs under schedule people for dumb reasons. One of our HLTMs fed up and confronted our HL ETL to stop saying there are no hours when his favorites were getting 36

I wish people would warn me when large amounts of vendor product are coming down so I can, in turn, warn vendors and we can end the cycle of frustration. Or at least have a plan for what to do with the sudden overstock beyond "leave it on vehicles in the back and get on the receiver's case about it." Especially when it involves alcohol.

There's still a cart or two of wine from the beverage transition and then today they took down some extra beer space that's been around for months. But no, let's create a few more vehicles to shuffle around and I can once again explain what we can and can't do alcohol credits for.

I wish people would warn me when large amounts of vendor product are coming down so I can, in turn, warn vendors and we can end the cycle of frustration. Or at least have a plan for what to do with the sudden overstock beyond "leave it on vehicles in the back and get on the receiver's case about it." Especially when it involves alcohol.

There's still a cart or two of wine from the beverage transition and then today they took down some extra beer space that's been around for months. But no, let's create a few more vehicles to shuffle around and I can once again explain what we can and can't do alcohol credits for.
Amen brother.

Is your store ESFS or high volume for SPUs? We get a lot of RIGs when INFs are suddenly high, but that's absurd. That's probably 3.5-5 hours of just scanning RIGs!

Is your store ESFS or high volume for SPUs? We get a lot of RIGs when INFs are suddenly high, but that's absurd. That's probably 3.5-5 hours of just scanning RIGs!
It looks like that the entire week after inventory so I'm assuming that's what happened. 3.5-5 hours seems like it would be short for that too, assuming that all RIGs are actually done properly - 100 per hour on the slow end seems impossible in my store.

Holy Crap! The only time we had those kind of numbers was right after inventory. But, I am jealous of the new, shiny Zebra myDevice. The Touch was running so slow today I wanted to throw it against the wall.

Another week, another person getting mad about all the discontinued wine that is still sitting around in the back. Nobody seems eager to do anything about it except tell me something needs to be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back