Archived The "Vent about all the crazy shit that happened during your shift" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is your store ESFS or high volume for SPUs? We get a lot of RIGs when INFs are suddenly high, but that's absurd. That's probably 3.5-5 hours of just scanning RIGs!

It looks like that the entire week after inventory so I'm assuming that's what happened. 3.5-5 hours seems like it would be short for that too, assuming that all RIGs are actually done properly - 100 per hour on the slow end seems impossible in my store.

Holy Crap! The only time we had those kind of numbers was right after inventory. But, I am jealous of the new, shiny Zebra myDevice. The Touch was running so slow today I wanted to throw it against the wall.

yes, it was a few days after inventory

it only took a few hours for 2-3 TMs to get through them

yes, it was a few days after inventory

it only took a few hours for 2-3 TMs to get through them
I have bad memories of post-inventory RIGs. Had to spend a couple minutes zoning that section before I actually do the RIG. For pretty much every single one.

I'd buy a ticket to see a Receiver, totally drunk off their ass, deal with vendors, TLs, and ETLs.
Circle 9 step up!
Don't get your hopes up. Drunk Circle9 has just has more social anxiety and no problem expressing my Opinions about niche role playing games.

We're getting a new ETL-AP to replace the one we have. I swear, people in AP must also be paid to be eyecandy (thats offlimits) because she is ALSO attractive. :oops:

The other day, my store's entire communications system went down. If anyone was paying with anything other than cash or check, they were out of luck. No credit card verifications, no working ATM, no phones, nada. Thankfully, it happened less than an hour before closing, but still. The registers were sluggish the entire day, and it just got progressively worse until whatever it was finally conked out the whole system. LOD was on their cell contacting corporate (I presume) nearly the entire time, hurridly posting signs on the doors about the problem, and everyone else was running pillar-to-post trying to keep guests calm and put everything possible on hold for everybody who was willing to wait.

I had an opening shift the very next morning, and we were all paranoid if it took a microsecond longer than normal for someone's card to clear. The TLs were making it a point to occasionally time transactions to make sure it wasn't happening again, and heaven forbid a landline phone call get dropped or a card declined, then we all started to panic. I'm going out on a limb to say it was probably just some random technical failing somewhere, but hell if it didn't frazzle everyone remotely involved.

Tuesday: The grid was horrendous and we were severely understaffed. To make things even more fun, due to Easter, seemingly everyone in the state decided to shop, making for long lines, rude cranks, inconsiderate, irresponsible guests and GSTLs scrambling for backup and losing their minds because they couldn't get responses fast enough.

Tuesday: The grid was horrendous and we were severely understaffed. To make things even more fun, due to Easter, seemingly everyone in the state decided to shop, making for long lines, rude cranks, inconsiderate, irresponsible guests and GSTLs scrambling for backup and losing their minds because they couldn't get responses fast enough.
Sounds like my day yesterday. I was busy non-stop all day. Wanted to yell at my GSTL when they were sending cashiers out to zone instead of making sure we were brand in the front, which we were not. A crazy busy day is not the time for front end projects.

Sounds like my day yesterday. I was busy non-stop all day. Wanted to yell at my GSTL when they were sending cashiers out to zone instead of making sure we were brand in the front, which we were not. A crazy busy day is not the time for front end projects.
I'm not one to lose my cool easily, but I was insanely close that day. The tiniest things drove me up the wall lol. Non-stop stress. It didn't help that I had two really awful guests after only 1 hour (of an 8 hour shift) that just really set the tone for how the day was going to go and eventually went.

Yesterday: screaming children throwing popcorn and spilling soda all around the store and destroying the bathrooms, this nearly turned our usually affable cart attendant into a raging psychopath. I requisitioned him lunch for keeping his cool and going above and beyond with some of the messed up things he had to take care of. Take care of your cart attendants, folks!

Take care of your cart attendants, folks!

Yeah, I got to bring mine brownies or vodka or something. One night I was checking the fitting rooms and one had liquid all over the bench and floor. I initially thought it was water and was wondering where to get a mop when the smell hit. The poor cart attendant was the poor soul who had to clean up that mess.

STL called an impromptu huddle to yell at everyone about fast service (since it's called every 20 minutes on a given day and only one or two people ever respond) and proceeded to tell us we have no business being on the sales floor without a radio and is we come in and there is no equipment left in the cabinet (which is the case every delivery day until 1 or 2pm) we need to call an LOD to find us a radio from a flow TM who doesn't need it. Well, I went in for my shift on our last truck day (I do end-to-end system of work in BGI) and SURPRISE, no equipment in the cabinet. I actively asked 2 different SrTLs and my ETL to find me a radio before heading out to start pushing product, because no way I'm waiting on them when I have a workload to get through. Lo and behold, I managed to find a radio of my own accord and over 3 hours later, the LOD came over and asked me if I still needed a radio...This same thing was happening simultaneously to my two other SL TMs.
TLDR: There is not enough equipment in my store for my STLs utopian desires.

STL called an impromptu huddle to yell at everyone about fast service (since it's called every 20 minutes on a given day and only one or two people ever respond) and proceeded to tell us we have no business being on the sales floor without a radio and is we come in and there is no equipment left in the cabinet (which is the case every delivery day until 1 or 2pm) we need to call an LOD to find us a radio from a flow TM who doesn't need it. Well, I went in for my shift on our last truck day (I do end-to-end system of work in BGI) and SURPRISE, no equipment in the cabinet. I actively asked 2 different SrTLs and my ETL to find me a radio before heading out to start pushing product, because no way I'm waiting on them when I have a workload to get through. Lo and behold, I managed to find a radio of my own accord and over 3 hours later, the LOD came over and asked me if I still needed a radio...This same thing was happening simultaneously to my two other SL TMs.
TLDR: There is not enough equipment in my store for my STLs utopian desires.

The easy way to fix that is everyone who has a radio should respond to back up calls. Flow has the radio's they respond to the calls, you will quickly find all the radio's you need every morning. Cause they will not touch them. Cause it only took a week for that to happen in my store.

The easy way to fix that is everyone who has a radio should respond to back up calls. Flow has the radio's they respond to the calls, you will quickly find all the radio's you need every morning. Cause they will not touch them. Cause it only took a week for that to happen in my store.

This is spot on, at my store when there is no equipment I don't get any.

And I wish an ETL told me to go take it from someone. If flow shouldn't have a walkie you should tell them not to get one. It's not my job to try and boss other TMs around. You make the big executive salary, show some frickin leadership and call it as it goes.

My STL also mentioned in that huddle that everyone does have to respond for fast service, flow team, backroom, price change, etc...even the operator has to respond if no one else on the floor can. His "plan" basically is that if you're in the store, you respond for fast service...he tends to come up with new rules before he really thinks them through

I've deliberately never learned cashier so I can always use the 'I've never done the training. Sorry I can't help'. I'm better utilized in the BR getting trucks clear and ready for the next. An STL with a Log background is a solid for a store. Understands tricks don't just disappear and they take payroll to be done right.

This is spot on, at my store when there is no equipment I don't get any.

And I wish an ETL told me to go take it from someone. If flow shouldn't have a walkie you should tell them not to get one. It's not my job to try and boss other TMs around. You make the big executive salary, show some frickin leadership and call it as it goes.

I wish I could do that but being the only in stocks TM, I have to cause we still have a task list. Most of the time I do find a dead mydevice and have to use my own power brick to bring it to life. Cause like on Saturday when I asked for help they did let the other TM who was doing the in stocks push have a PDA, but that doesn't help me shoot the list I wasn't doing for three hours. So thanks guys for the awesome help!

It was such a shit show on over the weekend I asked for a term and a LOA form before I left. Both are filled out just need to add dates and decide which one I hand over.

I don't know if this qualifies as crazy shit but I was really, really spooked for a while as TMs I had never met were calling me by my name when my back was turned. That was freaky weird. I finally asked one how she knew my name and she said that since I'm usually the operator they hear my voice on the radio all night, and they match voice to name when I check in, and I was just talking on the phone a second ago and my voice is distinctive. My voice is distinctive??? Wow, never knew.

Zoning tooth paste and in the corner of my eye, I see a guest with a doll in their cart. Not talking baby doll but bigger than a barbie.

Newish member here, not active at all here but like viewing this site for references.

I really need to bitch about my shift that just ended.

I am in softlines as fitting room/ store operator closing always on weekends. Unless I switch with someone and thats really hard to do cause no one ever wants to close fitting room.

Today started really slow. I was glad because I was able to sort my unsorted cart and everything that was left in the fitting room by the person who opened, as well as any additional unsorted carts from guest service. I usually lock all the fitting rooms located father from the door leaving 4 open and tell the guest to take 6 in to try on and once they are finished to bring out all the clothing and the hangers which makes it easier to sort. This has prevented a lot of theft. (it happens way to often at our store)

( 8:50ish pm)So, I went to lunch, had someone in "cover my lunch" (meaning putting the phones on loud so that they have time to flex shoes and do shoe go backs).

A little background on this: as of this year fitting room is not to be left alone because of the amount of theft that as happened in there last year, thus the person in fitting room must never leave fitting room unattended. (which is unrealistic because we never have enough TM on the floor to cover or help us or working walkies of TMs so we have to do visuals and help out guest in different departments) In addition, it is also to ensure that work doesn't get accumulated in fitting room.

(9:40pm) I came back to a desk filled with a great pile of clothing with hangers on them three unsorted carts (which is all normal) then TL walkies me from guest service telling me to do a quick pick up in swimwear, accessories, sleepwear, intimate and hosiery (it's all close to guest service). No one was going to be able to cover me so, I put the phones on silent ignore all calls and do it really quick making it look better than before while slightly touching up the outside of each department so it looks like someone was in there. I go back and sort the cart I took to to the pick up and emptied out the strays into our strays cart. TL walkies me to remind me to do that quick pick up, I walkie back and let them know I did they tell me come do it again because there is a lot on the floor. I thought, "Damn, these guest were really determined to make a mess today."

I go and theres only 3 items scattered on the floor where TL is able to see from guest services but the rest it picked up. She meant she wanted me to to a quick zone not pick up. Thus, I did a quick zone, not the best not the worst. TL was content she rewarded me with another full cart. This meant I now had 5 carts including the one I was using to zone and collect all the charge back. I get walkie again, I am told to take down all the signs for the sales that have ended today. There I go again leaving the fitting room unattended.

Whats the point of always bitching about having to have someone cover the fitting room on breaks and lunch if it is still going to be unattended.

By this time (11ish pm) other TM have taken the strays out of their carts and put it in the strays cart which now very very piled up. I walkie TL and LOD not once but 3 times. None are responding so I let it be because I've seen 3 carts of strays over here before and no one said a thing.

(12am) 5 unsorted become one unsorted and all the clothing piled on the desk were sorted and organized. Now clearing out anything left it fitting rooms by guest who weren't told to take everything out was being hung and sorted and clearing the desk full of unused hangers and sizing labels. TL strolls through with last min unsorted, half full and is immediately outraged with the amount of strays we have. (Which has never been a problem before that had been told to us before because they've already tried having all SL TM taking their own strays up and didn't work) I was angrily told that I must bring all strays to guest service so they can be sorted by them from now on (right...then they will bark at me to sort it all as if I don't have enough to already) It is already passed clocking out time but i must say and help other TM sort their cart so the don't leave more than one unsorted and finish condensing the last min cart given to me. 12:30 finally clocked out frustrated as heck.

I know others have it worst, maybe my frustration is over-exaggerated. I just had to vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back