Archived The "Vent about all the crazy shit that happened during your shift" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure they appreciate it and you should only do it if you want to do it (they can't force you to work overtime).

Any TL should be able to cover if needed. I've seen every single TL in my store except one work a GSTL shift before. And there are a couple of former GSAs working in other workcenters who could do it if needed.

Make sure they appreciate it and you should only do it if you want to do it (they can't force you to work overtime).

Any TL should be able to cover if needed. I've seen every single TL in my store except one work a GSTL shift before. And there are a couple of former GSAs working in other workcenters who could do it if needed.

Exactly this our FTL and HLTL were promoted GSAs

Been assisting my bf with the POG audit for the remodel and now I'm being told that I will be doing it regularly. Don't know if thats good or not but I'm stressing about this Swiffer aisle. 4 missing displays!!

We have so many TMs running around at my store wearing red shirts with huge logos for sports teams or other retail stores on them, it's not funny. Add black or gray hoodies/cardigans to the mix and half our TMs look like they're off the clock.

I love trying to put up a 70" tv on the wall while a guest is asking me questions. Meanwhile, someone on ship from store is walking by wearing a sweatshirt to cover up they work at Target. Which I get, because they have a deadline. Well, so do I. Last time I checked, the people who do that at Meijer are out on the floor wearing regular team uniforms. And I know, we aren't Meijer. But would it hurt to help someone out who is lifting a >$1000 tv 8 feet in the air. Jeeze.

We have so many TMs running around at my store wearing red shirts with huge logos for sports teams or other retail stores on them, it's not funny. Add black or gray hoodies/cardigans to the mix and half our TMs look like they're off the clock.
Our backroom wears graphic tees under open hoodies. It's cool here.

I love trying to put up a 70" tv on the wall while a guest is asking me questions. Meanwhile, someone on ship from store is walking by wearing a sweatshirt to cover up they work at Target. Which I get, because they have a deadline. Well, so do I. Last time I checked, the people who do that at Meijer are out on the floor wearing regular team uniforms. And I know, we aren't Meijer. But would it hurt to help someone out who is lifting a >$1000 tv 8 feet in the air. Jeeze.
I would saying something about safety to their tl..

I think I just got a cashier in trouble. :(

I went food shopping today, I do the bulk of my shopping at Target because before any discounts it's still cheaper than the grocery stores around, and well, discounts on top of the base price. I was keeping an estimate of how much I was spending. When I was checking out, the cashier suspended my transaction because a previous guest with a suspended transaction came back. No biggie, she was done with him in just a minute or two and I was still unloading my cart. At the end of the transaction the total was far, far cheaper than I expected.....like $50 less. I know I round up to whole dollars and don't take Cartwheel into account when keeping my estimate, but that was just way too huge of a difference. I left the register so I wouldn't tie up the next guest but I was really looking at my receipt closely and there were a couple things I didn't see. Well, I'm not risking my job by walking out with unpaid items so I went over to guest services.

In the end all the items I had put on the belt first, prior to the suspending of the transaction, were not on the receipt. She probably didn't scan the suspended transaction slip, but I was still unloading so I didn't see either way. The total of the unpaid items, after all discounts, was $35. I know the team member at guest services was going to tell the LOD.

I don't remember seeing the cashier before but I think she knew me as she asked for my team member discount card while I was still putting my phone away. Work's going to be a little uncomfortable for a while.

Since you paid for those items at GS, it's not your problem.
The cashier wasn't paying attention & it may not have been the first time.
When I was still a GSA, I was called over to override a keyed in credit card by a SLTM who seldom cashiered.
When I got there, there was no guest.
"Oh, she had to leave & didn't need the receipt so I told her all it needed was your override."
I looked at her as I keyed in my number & - surprise - the card was declined.
She said "Oh."
Then I pointed to the purchase amount (over $200) & asked "Are YOU covering that?"
I suspended the transaction & took it to AP.
Yep, she was coached; nope, it wasn't the first time & eventually she was termed.

Something small like that should not get a cashier in trouble.

I think I got short changed for $100-$200 (NOT proud of it), told AP aright away - but they were busy with a app coming, next day I saw the ETL-AP and he was like "come on your better then that" and never heard about it again.

Did you ask the TM for help? I stopped a couple times to help get the TVs down from the steel and onto flats yesterday, but only because they asked. I assume everyone is capable of doing their job without assistance unless they ask for it.

Did you ask the TM for help? I stopped a couple times to help get the TVs down from the steel and onto flats yesterday, but only because they asked. I assume everyone is capable of doing their job without assistance unless they ask for it.

If they are up in the wave you just take the guest and leave the tm up on the wave alone.

If they are up in the wave you just take the guest and leave the tm up on the wave alone.
Ah I misread it. I thought he was wanting help lifting the TV.

While waiting for the bathroom near the pharmacy, i ran into a former ETL at another Target. We chatted and he said that my store makes 100 million a year! :eek:

I'm sick of receiving being an area everybody ignores until I can do something for them or something I did/didn't do is making them look bad but if I try to get them to do something and stick to it, too fucking bad.

Thankfully my store gives the receiver full time hours. Receiver is probably my number 1 asset in relation to market stuff since they deal with vendors constantly

You can check store fact sheet on Workbench. It'll show last years sales. That's a massive store. Probably one of the biggest? I'm not sure what the top store sales are but that's about 2.5x my stores sales

Oh so that's how you check it, thanks for the tip! If what he said is true, then holy moly. :eek:

Yeah that's an AAA volume.

DANGGGGG. That would explain the crazy amount of TLs we have: Pricing TL, Plano TL, Instocks TL, Backroom TL, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back