Archived The "Vent about all the crazy shit that happened during your shift" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only that the door can close. Cause our fixture room is off of one of the fire exit tunnels, so the door is a fire rated door. And has to be closed at all times. Which it never is.
Really? My fixture room is the same way, and it's never closed either. So that's not good. Im pretty sure the PPTL would get a little angry if the door was closed lol.

That's it. Leaving a tip with the fire marshal tomorrow after work I think. Because I feel like I'm the only person in the store who has a problem with this shit. The couple people I mentioned it to were like "That's where the bosses want it" and "it'll be out of there for Black Friday." And probably I could bring it up with AP but can never find them and feel like they care a lot more about busting theft.

Its the same fire tunnel as last time but they finally took care of the softlines stashed there and instead threw half our Black Thursday stuff in it, creating more of an obstacle course.

But hey, the backroom is looking so, so clean now.

Attachments

• WP_20151119_09_40_05_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151119_09_40_05_Pro.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 64
  • WP_20151119_09_40_30_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151119_09_40_30_Pro.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 55
Also still waiting to see what my bosses mean when they say things like "instocks is supposed to own the 4x4 process now" (a fact my instocks TL didn't find out until last week or so). Or if that chat ETL-HR had with me about my instocks concerns is actually going to amount to anything.

It's not. Cause we scream and bitch about the same things everyday. Don't forget the Downey fabric softener the one in with the tide is a different DCPI than the stuff in the fabric softener isle. They are only pushed to the fabric softener isle.

It's not. Cause we scream and bitch about the same things everyday. Don't forget the Downey fabric softener the one in with the tide is a different DCPI than the stuff in the fabric softener isle. They are only pushed to the fabric softener isle.
Its been a couple or so weeks now and yep, same old same old. Except instocks TL kind of maybe cares more about asking about PTM batches and drastic count reports. Not enough to actually look at them himself of course. Just to ask if I've looked at them lately.

Today was crazy.... Nearby mall had a gunman in the mall so it was evacuated. So most employees walked over to us. And secondly, this lady mistakenly put her cart in the escalator instead of the cart escalator and it happened right before my eyes.

This isn't really crazy shit. It's more "classic Target" shit. I had to print off two location labels in the bakery freezer today because the location labels were not there. It happened at two different hours. So you know what I did? I stepped up to the streets in 3D and I said "fuck backstock, I'm going to fix this problem".
What happens is the lovely ladies in the bakery knock the stupid plastic fixtures that have the location labels for each location on the ground and of course the labels are pushed up against the walls. That means I can't reach them which also means more work for me and more time in the bakery freezer. I can't stand going in the bakery freezer. The deli finally made the logical choice of deleting every location in the deli cooler. Last year when we started to pull produce, deli, and bakery, it was a nightmare. I would pull tons and tons of back stock in produce, deli, and bakery. Produce eventually put an end to that and just deleted everything which I applauded as a great move. Deli finally did the same thing a couple of months ago. Bakery is the stalemate. They need to just delete everything. It's waste of everyone's time for someone to pull bullshit pulls aka back stock.

Okay, so here's what I did. I printed off pretty much every location in the bakery freezer and physically placed the location label stickers on the shelves. Oh and I made sure those fuckers stuck to the shelves. I would put the sticker on the metal beam of the shelf and then slide my fingers over it and making them stick and stay. That way I don't have to worry about lazy people knocking location labels off onto the ground and then having to go all the way back to receiving to print the location labels.

I am not a fan of the plastic fixtures in the dairy, meat, bakery, and freezers. They get knocked off and kicked up against a wall which means I have to print them off and then LOCU the location. When it's like that, I usually toss everything in the location onto a tub or cart and make sure it's empty. I don't ever waste time and go back and scan the items after I've printed off the location labels. That's too time consuming and when I have an hour 1 plus of pulls with only 60 minutes to do them, I have to haul ass. I prefer the location labels to be physically stuck to the shelves and Waco boxes.

This morning was interesting. One of the SB workers was arguing LOUDLY with the STL in her office. Everyone could hear. And to top it off, the doorbell was ringing for 30 minutes and NO ONE was answering it. So the 730 people didn't start their shifts until the store opened. Aaand, we didn't have anyone at SB while guests were waiting.

This morning was interesting. One of the SB workers was arguing LOUDLY with the STL in her office. Everyone could hear. And to top it off, the doorbell was ringing for 30 minutes and NO ONE was answering it. So the 730 people didn't start their shifts until the store opened. Aaand, we didn't have anyone at SB while guests were waiting.
...why. Why. Why. Why.

Did nobody think to call the store??? A few minutes of the overhead ring is usually more than enough to get someone to pick up.

Fast, fun, and friendly

Of course our electronics opener would no-show the day of a huge-ass sale in electronics. And of course the opening LOD would not think to make sure all the electronics signs were up (EDIT: everything was up except for all the TV signs and the very important 7x11s) until throwing somebody from instocks over there around 9a. And of course I would volunteer myself for tribute because the STL's first choice for a TM has (to my knowledge) very little electronics experience.

But hey, sold a bunch of shit, made some lady's day when she found out we're apparently the only store in the area to have some new and popular game and the time really flies when you are running around pretending you know what you're doing.

EDIT: Also our Target Mobile guy in today is amazing at lending a hand and I had some help near the end but still, what a mess of a shift.

Last edited:

Punch corrections.

Oh my god i need to rant

our HR woman was the LOD today, as occasionally she is, and she's awful at it

I took most of the punishment of her incompetence today as well.

Got to work, the second I clocked in the GSTL called for backups to the front. I heard that she was the LOD and I started to worry about the day. Continuing, about after half an hour the first weekend rush is over, and she tells me that I'm gonna be zoning C, D, and G until they're done. That isn't awful, if I'm zoning G it only consists of dry foods, nothing past P-FRESH so no chemicals or anything. I get over to G and start the zone, get told to do abandon, start running abandon for C&D, 90 percent of the cart is electronics and toys because our GSA who was running abandon is incompetent. Electronics was really busy and I had to juggle helpning guests find stuff and finishing abandon for a solid hour.

I'm already kinda mad, LOD calls me over to furniture so she can borrow my walkie battery for "3 minutes".

I stay in furniture for 5 minutes holding an empty walkie, zoning displays, until a TM runs past and tells me they need every lane open.

Finally get off of CLs, only to be told by AP-bro that our current idiot snobby LOD wants my head because she's been calling me on the walkie (which obviously doesn't work because she took the bloody battery) to finish the zone in G.

I take a 15 with AP-bro, smoke a few cigarettes with him and he tells me to chin up, i'm halfway through my shift.

Get back inside, pirate a walkie battery from the TL office, radio the LOD and ask what I should be doing.

"Start zoning seasonal"

Get over to seasonal, she asks me for "help with a pull that's taking her forever"

The pull is literally 8 items but they're all furniture and she doesn't want to lift them. I sigh and say "sure", she says thanks and walks away. I didn't know help meant do it for me, lol

As soon as I push the CAF away to the next aisle, there is the LOD's water bottle that she carries everywhere, under the cart, with cart tracks leading up to it.

This bitch literally hid her spill to make me deal with it

I sweep it up and text my AP-bro for advice on how to not break her head in

Finally getting close to closing, it's about 8:45, guests are starting to get herded out, I get off at 9.

Over the walkie I hear her bloody voice, "Hey, hardline suicide, can you come help me out with a pull?"

Fast forward to backroom, this stupid bitch has a 45 item pull, I told her my shift ends at 9, and she says that "I can stay later".

So from 8:15 to 9:30, I'm shuttling between season to spot's happy fucking playground, back to electronics, to makeup.

Finally I get off, she doesn't even fucking thank me for my work

And the best part?

I open tomorrow!!

I've been working here for 2 bloody weeks and the only thing I want to do is off myself or get into AP, too bad I'm not 18 yet.

PS: on the note of crazy shit that happened on my shift, literally 4 guests came in throughout the day requesting specifically "17 pound butterball turkeys"

Who knows

This isn't really crazy shit. It's more "classic Target" shit. I had to print off two location labels in the bakery freezer today because the location labels were not there. It happened at two different hours. So you know what I did? I stepped up to the streets in 3D and I said "fuck backstock, I'm going to fix this problem".
What happens is the lovely ladies in the bakery knock the stupid plastic fixtures that have the location labels for each location on the ground and of course the labels are pushed up against the walls. That means I can't reach them which also means more work for me and more time in the bakery freezer. I can't stand going in the bakery freezer. The deli finally made the logical choice of deleting every location in the deli cooler. Last year when we started to pull produce, deli, and bakery, it was a nightmare. I would pull tons and tons of back stock in produce, deli, and bakery. Produce eventually put an end to that and just deleted everything which I applauded as a great move. Deli finally did the same thing a couple of months ago. Bakery is the stalemate. They need to just delete everything. It's waste of everyone's time for someone to pull bullshit pulls aka back stock.

Okay, so here's what I did. I printed off pretty much every location in the bakery freezer and physically placed the location label stickers on the shelves. Oh and I made sure those fuckers stuck to the shelves. I would put the sticker on the metal beam of the shelf and then slide my fingers over it and making them stick and stay. That way I don't have to worry about lazy people knocking location labels off onto the ground and then having to go all the way back to receiving to print the location labels.

I am not a fan of the plastic fixtures in the dairy, meat, bakery, and freezers. They get knocked off and kicked up against a wall which means I have to print them off and then LOCU the location. When it's like that, I usually toss everything in the location onto a tub or cart and make sure it's empty. I don't ever waste time and go back and scan the items after I've printed off the location labels. That's too time consuming and when I have an hour 1 plus of pulls with only 60 minutes to do them, I have to haul ass. I prefer the location labels to be physically stuck to the shelves and Waco boxes.

Those plastic location things can be a pain. I've found them to stay up a lot longer if the side that hooks on is on top and the clip side on the bottom. I don't know if that makes sense, but the ones oriented that way seem to stay up a lot longer for me.

Well...not that crazy but strange. A guest calls today and asks for the phone number of the Target a few miles away. Ummm....why didn't she just call Information or look it up online?

Because "you work there" is probably what she would have said.

I never understand why guests ask us to do that when they have a phone that usually has the internet. My phone is a shitty flip phone and the only internet I get is groundbreaking text articles from Yahoo news.

At Target, you cater to Targets. When you go to Wal-Mart, they don't cater to you. You are like a human searching for products in a jungle all by yourself.

Well...not that crazy but strange. A guest calls today and asks for the phone number of the Target a few miles away. Ummm....why didn't she just call Information or look it up online?
Do we work at the same store? This happened to me recently, the guest claimed she "couldn't find the stores number anywhere"

Obviously there's a full moon tonight. Guest calls in to softlines.
Guest: Do you carry jeans in women's sizes 12-14 with real pockets in the back.
Me: Yes we do. We have many in stock right now.
Guest: I don't mean the kind that have the fake pockets. I can't put anything in those. I want real pockets.
Me: We carry them.
Guest: And I don't want any of those jeans that have holes in them. But they have to have real pockets in the back.
Me: We have plenty of traditional jeans, too.
Guest: But I need them in a size 12-14 and they must have real pockets in the back.
Me: I assure you, we have quite a few.
Guest: Well, I was there recently and none of the jeans had real pockets in the back.
Me: Were you looking at the hanging jeans?
Guest: Yes...were there others?
Me: The back wall in RTW is full of folded jeans.
Guest: Do they come in a size 12-14 with real pockets in the back?
Me: Yes they do.
Guest: Don't you think you should go check them?
Me: What would you like me to check?
Guest: To make sure they have real pockets in the back.
Me: Madam, I can assure you they come in size 12-14 and they really do have pockets in the back. In fact, I own them and I can even get my cell phone into my back procket.
Guest (still sounding dubious): I guess I'll come in and check them out. I really hope they have pockets in the back.
Me: I'm sure you'll be pleased.

OMG...what is with her obsession about real pockets in the back????

PS: on the note of crazy shit that happened on my shift, literally 4 guests came in throughout the day requesting specifically "17 pound butterball turkeys"

Who knows

I love those guests with such specific turkey requests!! Really, guests?

Hmm...crazy stuff from last night...just new or not well trained sales floor team members asking tons of (really stupid) questions!

I love those guests with such specific turkey requests!! Really, guests?
Hmm...crazy stuff from last night...just new or not well trained sales floor team members asking tons of (really stupid) questions!
My newbies who were trained before madness, only 1 listened & had no dumb questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back