Archived The "Vent about all the crazy shit that happened during your shift" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
o_Oo_Oo_O I feel like I gotta give the sticky eye to the LOD who insist on a mandatory huddle in soft lines to fold tables while I'm trying to finish all contract wireless pogs and a apple end cap:mad: there about to get hit with a bar if they complain it's note done 100%. And whoever is in control of the air conditioning in Minneapolis, it is too damn hot here in the south :eek: you are already cheap giving hours for the employees to do a transition. Now I have to feel like I work in a damn sweatshop in a third world country too.!!!

And whoever is in control of the air conditioning in Minneapolis, it is too damn hot here in the south :eek: you are already cheap giving hours for the employees to do a transition. Now I have to feel like I work in a damn sweatshop in a third world country too.!!!

I live in a more northern state and our store is getting quite warm. I was getting rather uncomfortable just zoning the other day. I know there is a transition period in non-southern states where you can't turn on the A/C because the temperature might drop suddenly. But it is almost June and I doubt there will be a sudden overnight freeze. Plus you've got all those people giving off body heat and all those overhead light warming the place up.

Already hot & sticky down here.
What's fun is August when other places crank their AC up so much that the front door/windows are all fogged up.

o_Oo_Oo_O I feel like I gotta give the sticky eye to the LOD who insist on a mandatory huddle in soft lines to fold tables while I'm trying to finish all contract wireless pogs and a apple end cap:mad: there about to get hit with a bar if they complain it's note done 100%. And whoever is in control of the air conditioning in Minneapolis, it is too damn hot here in the south :eek: you are already cheap giving hours for the employees to do a transition. Now I have to feel like I work in a damn sweatshop in a third world country too.!!!

We have guest and employee complaints at our store about the AC. Sometimes and I kid you not it feels about the same if not cooler outside because of a breeze than inside the store...and I dont even work in the south, im up in the pacific northwest. Same complaints every year and HQ refuses to do anything

Grrrrr, I don't like being caught in a catch 22
STL asks a question.
Answer with what it might be with the notation that I really wasn't sure.
Later on, while talking with another TM the real truth is said.
Before ending my day I drop off some things that came in for STL. STL asks if I have a better answer for question asked earlier.
I tell the truth.

Days pass, I get called to office. Two ETLs tell me that I should have discussed the situation with them, before answering the STL the second time.

I don't think that the STL would appreciate me being willfully disobedient by saying that I will have to get back to them later. (just so I can go talk to these 2 execs and they can decide how I should answer)

Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Feels like I am damned if I do and damned if I don't

This is what my receiving door looks like now. See the part hanging out? That's from when somebody ignored my helpful note and tried to open it this morning. The door controls are now covered in paper and tape but I'm worried that might be too subtle and I'm going to come in tomorrow to find something on fire.

Which might be an improvement, really.

Attachments

• WP_20160526_08_18_32_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160526_08_18_32_Pro.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 84
I live in a more northern state and our store is getting quite warm. I was getting rather uncomfortable just zoning the other day. I know there is a transition period in non-southern states where you can't turn on the A/C because the temperature might drop suddenly. But it is almost June and I doubt there will be a sudden overnight freeze. Plus you've got all those people giving off body heat and all those overhead light warming the place up.
Our hvac system wasn't even running today. It was eerily quiet in the backroom and eventually I looked up and realized the plastic thing that's usually inflated with air was completely flat.

This is what my receiving door looks like now. See the part hanging out? That's from when somebody ignored my helpful note and tried to open it this morning. The door controls are now covered in paper and tape but I'm worried that might be too subtle and I'm going to come in tomorrow to find something on fire.

Wow that door looks like it would be annoying even when it's working. We just have a plain door with a button to unlock and buzz people in.

Our AC isn't anywhere near as strong as it should be in the backroom. It's hot, muggy, and miserable. I think that this summer, the 1 and 5 o'clock CAFs will be the most popular, and that there will be fights over who gets to pull the cooler batches.

This is a good time of year to work in market, particularly perishables.

Our AC isn't anywhere near as strong as it should be in the backroom. It's hot, muggy, and miserable. I think that this summer, the 1 and 5 o'clock CAFs will be the most popular, and that there will be fights over who gets to pull the cooler batches.

YES. I've loved pulling the P-Fresh CAFs lately, even the freezer. It's been so hot in my store that it actually feels cool in the ambient room.

Our store is quite warm too, but I have to say that I don't mind.

I was sweating so badly this morning while pushing market, my glasses were fogging over. Welcome to summer at Target.

any of you ever become violently ill from eating deli food at Target? I once ate chicken from the deli and within 2 hrs I had to make a dash to the sh*tter, twice I might add, because I thought I was going to have a close encounter of the turd kind in my undies. I'm never eating deli food again.

any of you ever become violently ill from eating deli food at Target? I once ate chicken from the deli and within 2 hrs I had to make a dash to the sh*tter, twice I might add, because I thought I was going to have a close encounter of the turd kind in my undies. I'm never eating deli food again.
Once we had a TM who would half-ass temping the bone-in fried chicken and oven roasted chickens. After a couple complaints about chicken that wasn't fully cooked, we figured out who it was and just told them to cook the stuff a minute longer... but yeah.
There's a deli in our district that is constantly red on steritech visits because they simply don't clean...
Also, if you want deli meat or cheese, I highly recommend you get it as early in the morning as possible. We're supposed to do a quick clean on the slicers every two hours and do a full clean some time in the middle of the day as well as at the end of the night. Our slicers only ever seem to get cleaned at the end of the night.

I wouldn't blame you if you opt to stick with potato wedges and prepackaged foods from here on out. :)

You can use the red tag don't not use on the door or lock. They would of gotten a hint.

Last edited:
Umm this.. Along with the wall of towels and an ETL standing guard at the other side of this door as the sewage spread throughout the offices yesterday.

The plumber was arriving as I left.

Attachments

• WP_20160528_13_35_26_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160528_13_35_26_Pro.jpg
    923.9 KB · Views: 95
Where have all the hours gone??? Wtf is going on with Target right now....?All depts are cutting hours drastically???
WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE IN CORPORATE, GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS. Stop punishing team members by cutting hours. It is not our fault for all the bad decisions you have made in past 3yrs.
Credit leaked to hackers about customer info during holidays
Bad decision to open in Canada, then close the stores.
This fiasco about who needs to use the restrooms.
- all the negative press is bringing down the value of my 401k
But this really gets my angry, you say you don't have hours but you hire people at a higher starting pay rate when I started
Fast,Fun and Friendly is gonna be Slow, Pissed and Angry

Where have all the hours gone??? Wtf is going on with Target right now....?All depts are cutting hours drastically???
WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE IN CORPORATE, GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS. Stop punishing team members by cutting hours. It is not our fault for all the bad decisions you have made in past 3yrs.
Credit leaked to hackers about customer info during holidays
Bad decision to open in Canada, then close the stores.
This fiasco about who needs to use the restrooms.
- all the negative press is bringing down the value of my 401k
But this really gets my angry, you say you don't have hours but you hire people at a higher starting pay rate when I started
Fast,Fun and Friendly is gonna be Slow, Pissed and Angry

Our hours were chopped so badly Saturday I walked into a truck half pushed and overnight nowhere to be found. Why? They cut their shifts so they just up and left half the truck to push. Our DTL has had all the stores cutting shifts left and right and now it bit us in the ass. I spent my day avoiding scanning things cause we are in the middle of a pilot that we have to have %100 completion of the Rigs but you can't scan half the store.. WTF??? Add in a sewer leak and finally giving up scanning I just hid in the back doing backstock after lunch yesterday. Screw your %100 completion! I can't scan if the truck isn't finished and backstocked. Guests loved having freight still bowled on the floor, NOT! I am not in a neighborhood that will put up with that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back