Archived The "Vent about all the crazy shit that happened during your shift" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was super busy last night before the storm came and for some reason we had no other cashiers or HL TMs. All TLs had to be on a lane, both GSTLs on a lane, a GSA backing up guest service AND watching a lane, HR ladies on a lane, ETL on a lane....

Man, that was a cluster. Glad I was only out doing Carts.

We had several HLTM call out the weekend before Thanksgiving and it was a 15 pull kinda day. Had everyone in the store working on pulls because we couldn't catch up fast enough. Then last week we had a bunch of cashiers calling out even the GSA everyone was on a lane even those that normally don't have too.

Guest Service's QMOS bin had gone missing (again) so that's probably why they got creative with the ESIM. None of it made it to my sort bin, thankfully. I had enough on my plate today. Like trying to figure out what the ETL-LOG had/hadn't fucked up on the sweep he decided to load Sunday. He did surprisingly well.

And also spent a decent chunk of my shift shoveling snow and ice to turn this into this. Now maybe the snow removal company can do a decent job of plowing behind the store. And maybe the note I put by the door about what can and cannot go outside will be heeded. And maybe I'll learn how to shoot lasers from my eyes.

Also, when a guest says another shopper is being creepy as hell and she wants to call the cops on him, but said creeper is the AP-TL in plainclothes, how the hell do you handle that? Because that was a fun moment I also had today.

And also spent a decent chunk of my shift shoveling snow and ice to turn this into this. Now maybe the snow removal company can do a decent job of plowing behind the store. And maybe the note I put by the door about what can and cannot go outside will be heeded. And maybe I'll learn how to shoot lasers from my eyes.
wait what the fuck? How could anyone possibly think putting that shit outside is the best possible solution? We just throw it up in the steel (which is also probably way quicker than dragging it outside) if it is going to be in the way for more than a day or two...and we don't even have real snow.

Also, when a guest says another shopper is being creepy as hell and she wants to call the cops on him, but said creeper is the AP-TL in plainclothes, how the hell do you handle that? Because that was a fun moment I also had today.
Send her up to guest services? Let her call the cops and make a fool out of herself? The only times I've seen people getting mad that someone is following them is when they are trying to conceal stuff and AP following them is completely justified.

TM's straight up stealing MyDevices from each other.. I seriously pissed off another team member but when it is signed out to me and I am taking my break and it has a post it note on it that I am on my break and you take it. You bet your ass I will hunt you down, then don't have gall to ask me how long I need it for. Um dumbass I need it all day, In-Stocks actually uses them. And thank you so much leaving it just as dead as it was when I dropped it in the charger.

And Leadership you seriously need to get us equipment, you can't schedule all these people for process jobs and not make sure there is equipment for them. And by leadership I mean that assholes who decide how many of these pieces of crap stores are allowed to have.. You need to double it, since they have to be out of service to charge..

And Leadership you seriously need to get us equipment, you can't schedule all these people for process jobs and not make sure there is equipment for them. And by leadership I mean that assholes who decide how many of these pieces of crap stores are allowed to have.. You need to double it, since they have to be out of service to charge..[/QUOTE]

I agree whole heartedly. I do pricing and the other day the mydevice that I use was in a team lead office. Come in and it is gone. Walkie the overnight team to please return it. No response. I waited almost an hour for any type of equipment whether it be a PDA or a mydevice.

And Leadership you seriously need to get us equipment, you can't schedule all these people for process jobs and not make sure there is equipment for them. And by leadership I mean that assholes who decide how many of these pieces of crap stores are allowed to have.. You need to double it, since they have to be out of service to charge.

I agree whole heartedly. I do pricing and the other day the mydevice that I use was in a team lead office. Come in and it is gone. Walkie the overnight team to please return it. No response. I waited almost an hour for any type of equipment whether it be a PDA or a mydevice.

Yeah my partner who also does SPU orders had about 15 of them go over time cause no one would give her a PDA to pull them nor would they get someone with equipment to pull them. "Not our workcenter, so not our problem."

TM's straight up stealing MyDevices from each other.. I seriously pissed off another team member but when it is signed out to me and I am taking my break and it has a post it note on it that I am on my break and you take it. You bet your ass I will hunt you down, then don't have gall to ask me how long I need it for. Um dumbass I need it all day, In-Stocks actually uses them. And thank you so much leaving it just as dead as it was when I dropped it in the charger.

At my store the ETL AP started ripping the stickey notes with names off. His argument is that is 30 minutes someone could be using the device.

I do agree some positions need them more than others. Someone mentioned cashiers taking them at their store. Thats just nonsense.

At my store the ETL AP started ripping the stickey notes with names off. His argument is that is 30 minutes someone could be using the device.

I do agree some positions need them more than others. Someone mentioned cashiers taking them at their store. Thats just nonsense.

If it is dead, its no good to anyone. No one should be using it if that device is signed out to me in the log, it is my responsibility so you take it and you will see what kind of a bitch I can be..

Try me ETL AP. Try me..

Finally dug out the back of the fitting room... SEVEN carts of sorted reshop in shoes, accessories, intimates, and hosiery. -_- One whole cart of shoes needing boxes... totally nuts and consumed my whole shift but at least it's done. Here's to hoping the other TMs don't let it get that bad again. ><

Express line (mine) extending back to grocery. Guests whining and yelling at me that it's terrible and they don't like it. Meanwhile, our 3 GSTLs are each calling for backup over the walkies and guests are still screaming "Open more lines"

What do you think we're trying to do? God, I swear some people think the GSTLs are stupid because they don't open a lane Right. This. Second. When all the while they're scrambling for backup because they see how bad it is.

Hooray, season of good cheer and giving... :rolleyes:

@Produce Queen Glad somebody's enjoying my misery. :) I have to try and laugh at this shit because otherwise I start screaming.

@SFSFun Its because leadership at my store is cargo culting organization and space management. They don't think any of this all the way through. So our space is mismanaged and it looks like we have a lot less than we really do. We've had a storage trailer in our dock* for years now and keep getting containers for the back of the store that we keep longer than we're supposed to, get rid of when the fire marshal gets too agitated, then get them again as soon as we can.

We just got rid of our two outside containers last week that we've had since back to school. Already there's talk of getting anywhere from 0 to 4 more to store the sudden rush of Valentine's and Sterilite we got this week.

*I hate this thing so much. I'd do terrible things for a second open dock instead of watching as the STL tells the ESIM pickup vendors that they need to vacate, mid-pickup so our late FDC truck can unload. Then they have to sit there in the parking lot for an hour doing their thing while all my other deliveries use the dock. It makes no sense.

TL and LOD didint zone or reshop a single thing tonight. :)

HBA was done by a new guy who started four hourss before store close. C/D the girl left an hour before store close and was scheduled like that. I left at 1:40 and have to start at 11 today??

Why do people keep throwing large pieces of cardboard into the compactor and why am I the only one who runs the compactor and notices when said large pieces of cardboard jam the whole fucking thing. Spent thirty minutes today digging through trash and running the thing to find some 5 foot box placed precisely to keep anything from going into the actual part of the compactor. Then several hours later somebody threw four sidecap shippers right into the compactor.

Today I was given a plastic tub of recalled ice cream. According to the attached POS printout, they're from November 19. Where they've been all this time I don't want to know.
The freezer? We once had a full pallet of defected frozen vendor products sitting in the freezer for months because nobody wanted to deal with it.

Today's highlights:
Found out I have the most meal violations in the store (or close to it) because Target and I have different ideas of what "by the 6th hour" means.
Third week in a row where the LOD forgets to disarm receiving, which I didn't notice until after I already opened a bay door.
I literally could not reach my desk because all the shit piled in front of it. Like a stack of soda pallets and shelves.
Spending five hours mostly palletizing and loading 8 fucking pallets of salvage onto a sweep.

No time to take care of defectives, ESIM, paperwork, etc. Will have to load another one tomorrow for all the bags and bales and repacks I didn't have time for today. And tomorrow, 29 MIRs drop into my lap.

What a way to start the week. I almost asked for a voluntary termination form, just to hang onto and fantasize.

Today's highlights:
Found out I have the most meal violations in the store (or close to it) because Target and I have different ideas of what "by the 6th hour" means.
Third week in a row where the LOD forgets to disarm receiving, which I didn't notice until after I already opened a bay door.
I literally could not reach my desk because all the shit piled in front of it. Like a stack of soda pallets and shelves.
Spending five hours mostly palletizing and loading 8 fucking pallets of salvage onto a sweep.

No time to take care of defectives, ESIM, paperwork, etc. Will have to load another one tomorrow for all the bags and bales and repacks I didn't have time for today. And tomorrow, 29 MIRs drop into my lap.

What a way to start the week. I almost asked for a voluntary termination form, just to hang onto and fantasize.

Is it wrong that I enjoy hearing about your Monday adventures, lol

Today's highlights:

Last week, our receiver overslept his alarm and didn't show up for work. So they chose to have me cover without any training, and I had a hell of a time just trying to figure out how to receive a vendor let alone deal with everything else. Even without that experience I see how much shit you guys have to deal with, and I salute you because I know for a fact that I could not deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back