There's a Target chain in Australian that uses the same logo.

Since Target isn’t an international retailer, they can get away with it. Target US isn’t getting those customers anyway, why waste time trying to shut them down?

You would think they would've done something to prevent them from basically copying the store. I had a guest looking for something that he found on Australia's target.au and I didn't realize it until I saw the url, even their website is similar to ours. If our Target ever expanded to Australia that would be funny as hell to see people get confused. I wonder if they have red cards too
Target copy the Australians and not the other way around

Target copy the Australians and not the other way around
Per Wikipedia, the first Target store in the US opened in 1962; the Australian company was called Lindsay's until 1968, when the name was changed to Lindsay's Target.

ETA: beat me to it @dannyy315

It dates the movie a bit more than a few other things could, including the T-Mobile Sidekick.
I had a T-Mobile Sidekick. It fu*king rocked, especially compared to the Razr, and BlackBerries being offered at the time. I used one until 2009, and I actually miss it from time to time. I like the iPhone, but I LOVED that Sidekick.

On the bottom of the Australian retailer's web pages is the following: Copyright © 2018 Target Australia Pty Ltd ABN 75 004 250 944. Target Australia Pty Ltd is part of the Wesfarmers Ltd group and has no affiliation with Target Corporation US

At some point, I read that Target US may have made a quiet financial deal with Target Australia to acquire and use "our" Target's trademarks and slogans. Here's a dated but basically accurate 2013 news article which hints at this: Target Has A Twin In Australia - But They're Not Related

"Roight...the toime is now eleven and we're fackin' closing soon so getcha shit and get the fuck out, ya cunts"

So I actually looked up their store hours.

They have Targets that close at 5:30 at the earliest during the week (4PM on Sunday), and like 10PM as the latest I've seen, but mostly like 8PM.

Also there are some that actually are closed on Sunday itself. Can you imagine.

Back