These are the Good Ole Days

ITT:the things that Target is doing well and you will mourn the loss/change of in the future.

I'll start with POGs. If they ever change everything to VMs I'll have an aneurysm.

Tolerating the existence of TBR. So helpful.

Having things on location in the backroom, as opposed to randomly stored in a general area.
Prior to 2005, Target was paradise. Everything was organized and located properly. Every TM usually had one role. Rare to have to cross-train.

I suspect that, in the next couple years, you won't STO/SUBT anymore and stuff will just be unlocated in back.
It was like that once upon a time. It would only begin to work if there was 1/4 of the freight we have in the back. But they will still try it any ways. I give that a right and proper NO. I don't want to go back to that. It would be like when I saw the sale paper it took me back to a time when we had we had different paper for each program. What would be next; going back to not having a wave or a power jack? Yes there was a time we didn't have those.

Prior to 2005, Target was paradise. Everything was organized and located properly. Every TM usually had one role. Rare to have to cross-train.
You must have started on '04 or '05 huh? Lol. No job is paradise. There were plenty of problems then too I'm sure, and in the moment it seemed like hell. I started in '05. I remember the zone was terrible and a huge focus, backroom team bitched about sales floor and vice versa.

I miss getting 40 hours a week to just backstock our coolers and freezers. This was a thing for me for 8 years. We frequently got 900 to 1200 piece FDC's so it was needed.

I miss POGs being set properly because we had a POG team who knew how to do their jobs. I miss TLs mapping out their endcaps in the correct location so you don't have four (!!!) of the same endcap in kitchen.
But I ONLY have instapots and nothing else!

Back