These are the Good Ole Days

Ringwraith917

Professional Badass
ITT:the things that Target is doing well and you will mourn the loss/change of in the future.

I'll start with POGs. If they ever change everything to VMs I'll have an aneurysm.

Tolerating the existence of TBR. So helpful.

Having things on location in the backroom, as opposed to randomly stored in a general area.

Yes but nighmares and pain are a constant. The Good Ole days never really exist, except in retrospect
Truer words were never spoken (typed?). I haven't read every post going back years here, but I feel very confident in saying that everyone was bitching constantly even back in the "good old days". Not criticising at all, because it's human nature. I'm guilty.

"The good ole days weren't always good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems." - Billy Joel

Maybe we should all be basking in how awesome things are now, because it's likely stuff is going to get worse and then we will be pining for how things are being done at the present time.

Having things on location in the backroom, as opposed to randomly stored in a general area.
Ha! I keep finding things in the back that supposedly aren't anywhere, including just today a bunch of a product that's had an empty floor location for weeks. Back stocking and "hey, we DO have some of this!" It keeps happening, 1 or 2 DPCIs every shift that I just randomly come across. Asked another TM if she's also finding this in her stuff and she said she found a whole shelf of product in the back that wasn't located.

uh the good old days were when diesel was $0.68 a gallon and you could buy an 80s model Benz with a diesel motor and drive it for free

or when you could say "I want to work full time" and boss man says "okay check this box and sign here"

or when you could only get crappy dial up but that was okay because Usenet posts are only a few bytes per

uh the good old days were when diesel was $0.68 a gallon and you could buy an 80s model Benz with a diesel motor and drive it for free

or when you could say "I want to work full time" and boss man says "okay check this box and sign here"

or when you could only get crappy dial up but that was okay because Usenet posts are only a few bytes per

oh how I miss USENET so many albums and movies I got from there.

I like a lot of the modernization changes, just wish I could get staffed to actually do it.

I like the manual cafs. I like ladderless. I like DBOs. I feel like I must drink the koolaid, but really the changes are good changes. I have cleared out so much of my back room the last two weeks. I think the company is dumping way too much into holding inventory that isn’t needed and is fixing that. I had less grocery backstock at a Kroger that did as much in sales in grocery alone as my whole store does, and fewer outs too.

I just don’t have the payroll to make it happen as quick as mySD wants it done.

Just remember that the good ideas today become tomorrow's bad ideas. It changes that fast. Sometimes because of outside market forces. Sometimes on a whim of some unnamed, anonymous, shadowy figure somewhere in the upper echelons of corporate.

I count the Good Old Days at Target when the motto was Fan, Fun and Friendly. The TMs were happy, the guests were happy and I assumed my leaders were happy. Now it's just seems as though the only one's that are happy are people above SD.
Was this when you started, or shortly thereafter? Ignorance is bliss.

Back