Archived Things I am thankful we do not carry... and things I wish we did..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a PA and I've never heard that the TM discount doesn't apply to couponed meat.

I actually mispoke.

We have a tm that constantly harasses me about couponing meat. She comes in and tries to price match like items to super discount retailers ( Food Lion, etc) and then get the coupon added on top of the price match. It's price matching that the discount doesn't apply to. So my bad there.

I'm a PA and I've never heard that the TM discount doesn't apply to couponed meat.

I actually mispoke.

We have a tm that constantly harasses me about couponing meat. She comes in and tries to price match like items to super discount retailers ( Food Lion, etc) and then get the coupon added on top of the price match. It's price matching that the discount doesn't apply to. So my bad there.

I figured she was the exception because she's a PITA.

I figured she was the exception because she's a PITA.

You would be 100% correct, at least with our old GSTLs.

We lost both of our veterans, so I (CTL) personally trained the new ones on price matching best practice. She doesn't get away with it anymore, and still refuses to speak to me. She's a ten year veteran, she should know better.

I actually mispoke.

Oh yikes. You have my sympathies dealing with that.

I've been w target 20 years. We have carried spray paint, yarn, lawn mowers, cigarettes....in the past. Let me think of what else I can come up with. I'm sure there's more.

Last edited:
Oh and I wish we could go back to ordering tshirts and other clothing for local teams. Such as the high schools, minor league baseball, hockey, etc. We used to be able to request a circle rack full of these shirts, sweats, shorts, etc in the 90s.

Oh and I wish we could go back to ordering tshirts and other clothing for local teams. Such as the high schools, minor league baseball, hockey, etc. We used to be able to request a circle rack full of these shirts, sweats, shorts, etc in the 90s.

On a weird note, my store received a bunch of winter wear (hoodies, sweat shirts, etc) for both of our big area rival high schools a month or so back.

Geographically, high school football and sports are big here, so zoning Fan Central has been a god damned chore. It's constant radio chatter during closing of:

"team, all of our (school here) hoodies are missing from fan central, any idea where they are?"

"Let me check....yep, buried behind the toilet paper again"

I swear our TPS has just stopped caring when he sees a pack of teenagers milling around FC.

On a weird note, my store received a bunch of winter wear (hoodies, sweat shirts, etc) for both of our big area rival high schools a month or so back.

Geographically, high school football and sports are big here, so zoning Fan Central has been a god damned chore. It's constant radio chatter during closing of:

"team, all of our (school here) hoodies are missing from fan central, any idea where they are?"

I swear our TPS has just stopped caring when he sees a pack of teenagers milling around FC.

For the back to school set my store has 12 feet of high school hoodies/shorts for some schools in my area. They've hardly sold though, the hoodies are very basic screen print and are $40 still.

I wish we sold ladies khaki pants, and not those super skinny juniors ones, I like cake and wine way to much for that.

OMG yes. I bought a pair of the junior ones because I sat on some chocolate (oh god please let it have been chocolate) in the breakroom and ruined my khakis. They barely cover my whole ass, and forget about bending over when wearing them. I only ever wear them with a super long shirt. On laundry day.

Cake and wine, FTW

For the back to school set my store has 12 feet of high school hoodies/shorts for some schools in my area. They've hardly sold though, the hoodies are very basic screen print and are $40 still.

This. We have a few 4-ft sections on the back wall of seasonal for a couple of the nearby high schools. For fan central, we only ever have the closest NFL and NHL teams and the Yankees (even though there are at least 3 MLB teams closer to my city than the Yankees). No minor league or college stuff unless it's a SIM'd return.

This. We have a few 4-ft sections on the back wall of seasonal for a couple of the nearby high schools. For fan central, we only ever have the closest NFL and NHL teams and the Yankees (even though there are at least 3 MLB teams closer to my city than the Yankees). No minor league or college stuff unless it's a SIM'd return.

I'm pretty certain our pog lead decided to just put the high school stuff in FC.

We have enough problems with BTS as it is, no need to add clothes to the mix also.

We only carry one of the city high schools. We can't figure out who carries the other one...because the Target that might be closer to that school is in another city and thus carries that high school. And we've also wondered who carries the outlier high schools.

I would die if we sold spray paint!
No I don't have replacement battery for your 5 yr old camera
No I don't have a cheaper VHS player

YES we need better variety iPod/ipad/tablet accessories it would get more attachments

That's a cloth napkin. That's messed up.

It sure is... It sure is.
giphy.gif

I wouldn't mind if we sold vinyl records again, although I'd end up giving another chunk of my paycheck back to Spot. o_O

We sold a couple for major artists back when MMB was bigger. Never sold for crap, because music is one of those categories that you will never be able to satisfy everyone.

I wouldn't mind if we sold vinyl records again, although I'd end up giving another chunk of my paycheck back to Spot. o_O

...It is 2014.
Ah....well you might not be aware of the resurgence in vinyl then? Or the fact that a fair amount of new music is being pressed to it? I'm aware it didn't sell, then again all my store had was four copies of Dark Side of the Moon and one each of Rubber Soul and Abbey Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back