Archived Things I am thankful we do not carry... and things I wish we did..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird. All of the stores I've worked in only carries local college or pro teams. No high school at all. We have a baseball team, a race of some kind (can't give away where I am), and two hockey teams we never carry anything for. Yet our competitors down the street always do.

It has to do with whether or not the store can get a liquor license. In My last store, they got a license to sell beer, but were denied wine and hard liquor by the state.

I wish sound systems would go away period. When I can hear the damn kids having the volume all the way up from the pfresh U during peak hours, there's a problem.

"BAAAAAA BAAAAAAM BAAAAAAM BAAAAAAAAAM I've been livin' for the weekend, but no not anymore..."

;)

Regarding liquor, we sell the works, but I'm not positive that the TM discount works on it. I rang a TM out for some Redds the other day, and I remember doing a double take because it didn't really take anything off her total. I might be wrong; I'd have to double check, but it wouldn't surprise me if the discount doesn't work on liquor (at least in my state) since there are often a LOT of laws about liquor and discounting it.

ETA: And yeah, the license to sell varies by store, district, city, whatever. Most, if not all of the stores in our district carry the whole works, but I was at a really big pFresh GM in another district (same state, different city/county) and they don't have beer OR liquor. I was really surprised. It's not like they wouldn't be able to sell it, since they're a big Target on a MAJOR road that has tons of traffic and businesses nearby.

I am glad we don't sell Cigarettes (I get enough people angry over asking if I can scan their ID for beer...etc), Live pets, Spray Paint.

I wish we did sell Kindle products (though I understand why we stopped), a Target brand soda, and foods that are local to the area of the store. I live near St. Louis and I have to go to wal-mart to get frozen toasted ravioli, St. Louis style pizza and Red Hot Ripplet chips.

It has to do with whether or not the store can get a liquor license. In My last store, they got a license to sell beer, but were denied wine and hard liquor by the state.

Also, some municipalities will restrict liquor licenses, and only give one to the municipal liquor store -- a way for them to generate tons of revenue... This usually only happens for shit-piss little towns that no one cares about though.

This, I want 10% off on my booze.

Allow? Other similar stores do sell liquor here. Target here however does not, we sell wine and beer, but not liquor.

You know you can save an additional 5% if you apply for a Target RedCard today. It's credit or debit and it's really short to apply for. (Come to my store and boost my conversion)

Honestly though, I don't care so much about beer. Wine is okay. But if by some chance Target ever started selling Pinnacle vodka I would be spending so much money I'd probably freaking make half of sales plan for the month. >.>

Also, some municipalities will restrict liquor licenses, and only give one to the municipal liquor store -- a way for them to generate tons of revenue... This usually only happens for shit-piss little towns that no one cares about though.

Welcome to my county, where the government gives out liqour licenses to very few places so their liquor store makes money!

I'm getting drunk and helping out my county. It's patriotism >.>

This, I want 10% off on my booze.

Allow? Other similar stores do sell liquor here. Target here however does not, we sell wine and beer, but not liquor.

You know you can save an additional 5% if you apply for a Target RedCard today. It's credit or debit and it's really short to apply for. (Come to my store and boost my conversion)

Honestly though, I don't care so much about beer. Wine is okay. But if by some chance Target ever started selling Pinnacle vodka I would be spending so much money I'd probably freaking make half of sales plan for the month. >.>

Welcome to my county, where the government gives out liqour licenses to very few places so their liquor store makes money!

I'm getting drunk and helping out my county. It's patriotism >.>

Red White and Blurghhhhhhh.

We sell a smidgen of liquor... it's in those Kombucha fermented teas we sell in Pfresh... it's like .5% alcohol or something :D

I tried the raspberry with the chia seeds... Pretty nasty; almost jelly like.

We sell a smidgen of liquor... it's in those Kombucha fermented teas we sell in Pfresh... it's like .5% alcohol or something :D

I tried the raspberry with the chia seeds... Pretty nasty; almost jelly like.

I'M SORRY BUT WHAT THOSE THINGS HAVE ALCOHOL IN THEM??????? EVEN THE SLIGHTEST AMOUNT IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.

I'M BUYING THAT SHIT NOW.

Those things do look nasty though.

Apparently my store now sells napkins by the pound.... (Not Super, just PFresh... and this is in hardlines). I wish that I was making this stuff up.
View attachment 576

I've seen this on a couple pairs of shoes while scanning for clearance. I asked my TL if I should change it in the system and she said "f*** it, we don't have scales in the registers.. it'll ring up right" and left it at that. Never saw it in napkins though..

Last edited:
The African American hair care section at my store is very popular. I think my store needs to sell Iman and Black Radiance makeup. Itd def sell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back