Archived Things Wal-Mart does that you wish Target would do

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's what he was getting at. If anyone is behind the register no matter what they are wearing, someone will stop there.

True story. I was in line at my old store wearing a jersey with several HUGE hatchetman logos on it (go ahead, i dare you), and someone on the lane behind me tried to get me to check them out at that register. Sad thing is, I probably could have done so if my #'s were still in the system, lol.

We've had guys in to repair the registers and definitely not in red and khaki and just because they're standing behind the register someone will walk up and ask if they are open.

I can't say with certainty but I'm willing to bet a fair amount of my paycheck the technology point is true.
However, I think there is a reason they haven't been in a great hurry to update the tech.
If you can see your schedule from home they are less likely to be able to change things at the drop of a hat.
It keeps them from having the flexibility that they currently have, it sets things in stone and can make them look bad.
I suspect we won't see this change until they can 'work out' that 'bug'.

Yes, isn't it annoying when they change your schedule in the computer. Then they "forget" to tell you that it was changed and you get in trouble for being "late" for work!

My suggestion is pretty simple... I would love if we had the "Register Closed" signs. Guests hardly ever look at the lane light when picking a line to check out. They just see the red shirt behind a register and get in line. But those signs probably aren't "vibe" approved

AMEN!
Its because "register closed" has a negative meaning, and Target wants only "positive" messages displayed.

Yes, isn't it annoying when they change your schedule in the computer. Then they "forget" to tell you that it was changed and you get in trouble for being "late" for work!

HR and leadership keep doing that to my re-shoppers and not telling anyone, so I have to call the LOD or overnight ETLs for punch overrides almost every night (because they take their jolly old time getting to the TSC when the Indyme is going off).

AMEN!
Its because "register closed" has a negative meaning, and Target wants only "positive" messages displayed.

Oh, give me a ****ing break!

What about ship to home?

http://www.walmart.com/cp/home-i-free-i/1089999

One thing I think target should NOT do is sell fire-arms/amo..... obvious reasons need no explanation.

I wish that Target gave ALL Team Members quarterly bonuses like walmart does. It provides an incentive to help your store perform. It's common sense, if you help your store perform you get a bonus. If your store doesn't perform, no bonus. It would help build a team giving talking points about progress in the huddles too.

As a walmart employee. This is a good thing they do. A lot of factors play in. Sales. shrink and accidents are just a few. I was shock to find out that we are getting one this quarter, despite having a HUGE loss in shrink during inventory. With target pushing "can I help you find something" this could be ideal.

I work at Wally and I get the Sunday differential but the new hires don't. I think it was discontinued a while after I started working there.
One thing that Target does that I wish Wally would do is to send us the repacks already sorted by department. The second shift team that unloads the trucks has to sort those and it would be easier for them if they could just send them out to the floor like we used to do at Target.
Then again, Wally could very easily combine unloading and stocking the way Target does but they've never asked my opinion. They would have to have a bigger third shift team though.

If I recall, the differential ended for new hires after January 2011. you do get holiday pay and if a mananger approves it, over time but that rarely happens and they can and will make you cut time by eirther leaving early or coming in late or hell take a longer lunch (lunches are an hour btw)

Break packs (repacks) sorted are a nice thing for us stockers. The truck crew just unloads the truck and places items on pallets and takes them out to the floor. We come in at 10pm, have a meeting in the breakroom, zone grocery and head out to our assigned departments.

Site to Store loses it's luster when you already get free shipping with a red card.

Site to store also adds on sales for the store too.

They let you use your discount with your own debit/credit card.

This is what I wish they did when I was at target. Downside to walmarts discount is its only on certin products. Sale and clearance items are not them.

they did treat us well by giving us an additional one time only 10% off.

Be able to check our schedules from home.

screenshot20121207at110.png

I like the show my availability button.
You can check to make sure they have it down the way you want it quickly and they can't say "Oh we missed that." when they schedule you outside of it.

Of course then they would have to keep max up to date. I noticed if I ask for time off, and the computer scheduled me, that that the computer gave me will still be in max, but it will be gone from the official posted schedule.

At walmart they don't post paper schedules. You can though check your schedule at the time clock or on the "Wire" (Walmarts version of "max")

There is also a Availability Exceptions section. working a set schedule 10-7, i have not had any problems as my days are always mon-friday and am told to come in on those days despite what the schedule says.

I just tried to use my own debit/credit card with my employee discount but I was told it had to be a redcard or cash only. I really think that is crappy I don't have a redcard and I usually don't carry cash. So I was told he would have to take my discount off. disappointed :(:(:(:(:(

From what my sister in law says, Walmart employees cannot use their discounts on groceries and some other items.

I just tried to use my own debit/credit card with my employee discount but I was told it had to be a redcard or cash only. I really think that is crappy I don't have a redcard and I usually don't carry cash. So I was told he would have to take my discount off. disappointed :(:(:(:(:(

You can buy a gift card just don't do it right before you make the purchase.

Target giftcard too!

Both folks are correct! I forgot the gift card one.
You can buy a gift card just don't do it right before you make the purchase.

just get a Target debit card...

From what my sister in law says, Walmart employees cannot use their discounts on groceries and some other items.

This is true. Walmart employees can get the discount on groceries only during the month of December and also part of November. It's the "Christmas gift" to the employees.
Walmart also allows employees to get the discount on eligible items no matter what credit or debit card they use.
Last year, as a thank you for working Black Friday, we were given a coupon for an additional 10% off one transaction on a specific day, set up to coordinate with payday.
As for Target's discount, be very careful about buying a gift card to get around the employee discount policy. That tends to be a no-no.

Too many posts online about people who orders things before Black Friday and won't get them until January now and they can't cancel. This would have to help that disaster.

How would store pick up fix that?

I am a Target.com shopper, and I have never had any problems. Normally the ship time is 5 days. If I wanted to cancel, I bet I could make it happen.

Agreed, while I don't shop there that often when I do I have not problems. I am sure that if those guests who had a great experience posted to FB these post would out number the negative ones.

My suggestion is pretty simple... I would love if we had the "Register Closed" signs. Guests hardly ever look at the lane light when picking a line to check out. They just see the red shirt behind a register and get in line. But those signs probably aren't "vibe" approved

At my store, if guests see any color shirt behind a register, they think the lane is open. Our SFT has gotten yelled at a few times when he had to fix the registers.

On occasion our SFT does ring on lane, but not all the time.

Give a holiday bonus on your paycheck based on how many hours you worked throughout the year.. yes.. this was confirmed by a friend who was just a regular TM at walmart. I wish target did something like that for us... rather than the lousy "EXTRA $1 FOR BLACK FRIDAY!! WOW!!" *facepalm*

Give a holiday bonus on your paycheck based on how many hours you worked throughout the year.. yes.. this was confirmed by a friend who was just a regular TM at walmart. I wish target did something like that for us... rather than the lousy "EXTRA $1 FOR BLACK FRIDAY!! WOW!!" *facepalm*

I will forever remember spot as bare bones pay, bare bones hours, zero incentive.

My sister had a lower hourly at a coffee shop and made more after tips. Their tips aren't exactly fantastic either.

The bonus is actually quarterly and it's based on profit numbers and other such numbers at your store. The max is $2200 a year and the more hours you work as a weekly average, the more you get. If your store doesn't meet its numbers, no one gets the bonus.

Everyone always tries to tell me "no, Walmart's worse than you think it is" whenever I mention how terrible Target is toward their employees but then I hear they offer quarterly bonuses and actually promote from within beyond team lead/supervisor level. If they both start out at minimum wage and offer the same crap wages, how is Walmart not at least marginally better then, based on those slight edges alone?

Everyone always tries to tell me "no, Walmart's worse than you think it is" whenever I mention how terrible Target is toward their employees but then I hear they offer quarterly bonuses and actually promote from within beyond team lead/supervisor level. If they both start out at minimum wage and offer the same crap wages, how is Walmart not at least marginally better then, based on those slight edges alone?

Walmart pays better in my area. I'm making a dollar more per hour than I'd be making at Target for a comparable position. Also my job offer included full time, same with the guy next to me in orientation, 40 hours/week for the next 3 weeks so far. They said we'll get 34/week minimum until we change our availability, but its gonna be 5days/week/40hrs consistently. Hours are good too, I'm out before 8am. I heard Target overnights get crap hours/pay (my shift diff is $2), so I find it funny that people think walmart is worse... I used to buy into the walmart is bad propaganda too... It's really greener on this side though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically the only thing I use my discount for are groceries and clearance (oh, and clearance groceries for certain)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back