Archived Things you MISS from Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
My original STL (the one who hired me). My SrTLs (because one left and I never see the others anymore, and they're all awesome). My two previous ETLs-GE. Getting hours. Having enough TMs on the floor at closing to actually zone the whole floor and finish all the re-shop. Having product in stock because we had accurate instocks. GSAs who actually did their job and didn't pick favorites.

And, as crazy as it sounds, I miss my 40 hours of overnight re-shop. It was so nice not to have to deal with guests and a certain TL who hated me, and to be able to get the re-shop done in peace. And I only had to cash out my team when they were on break (don't worry, I would start my break immediately after that and catch up with them when I was done :D).

The whole changing of the Target store brand to Up&Up was a waste of time. And I have noticed that the quality of the Up&Up and other Target Brands have has gotten worse, or now there is fewer selections.

When my current STL was on maternity leave and we didn't have to deal with her micromanaging bullcrap.

I miss Global Bazaar. In fact that is in line with the article about Target's downfall. We last had it in January '09 when Greggy was at the helm (as the Home Design Event) and every year after we had the Costco knockoff. Just a copy of another retailer's strategy. They should bring back Global Bazaar and promote it heavily.

I must be the only one that HATED global bazaar. No one bought it full price. The minute it came in, it went MPG. No one bought a piece in my area of the country until it went clearance. It also seemed that at least 1/4 of it was defective

^^That's why I loved it. Cheap but nice looking stuff at very cheap prices when it went clearance.

I must be the only one that HATED global bazaar. No one bought it full price. The minute it came in, it went MPG. No one bought a piece in my area of the country until it went clearance. It also seemed that at least 1/4 of it was defective

Kinda like The Shops and Nate Berkus.

Overtime!

TL's that owned 1-3 departments (not 1/2 the store) - and they set their own endcaps, and did their own research on Specific Days. ie Mondays was HBA -- you knew your area, could get the reshop and the zone completed AND get a good scan for research. You could tell who was putting in their time & getting the job done.
-- F*CK scanning the entire store in one day. Unpossible.

Not working on Thanksgiving night. BOO.

I will be missing RF apps. Boo.

I actually miss the idea of the old game cases in Video Games. Made it very easy to flex out d-code. Open the cabinet, and voila.

Express checkout lanes. A few stores in our area don't have them.

ETA: Things I could do without.

- Mini seasonal sets between Holidays. Skip the "Bonus Buy" crap, and go straight to Summer from Easter, and Valentines.

Overtime!

TL's that owned 1-3 departments (not 1/2 the store) - and they set their own endcaps, and did their own research on Specific Days. ie Mondays was HBA -- you knew your area, could get the reshop and the zone completed AND get a good scan for research. You could tell who was putting in their time & getting the job done.
-- F*CK scanning the entire store in one day. Unpossible.

Not working on Thanksgiving night. BOO.

I will be missing RF apps. Boo.

I actually miss the idea of the old game cases in Video Games. Made it very easy to flex out d-code. Open the cabinet, and voila.

Express checkout lanes. A few stores in our area don't have them.

ETA: Things I could do without.

- Mini seasonal sets between Holidays. Skip the "Bonus Buy" crap, and go straight to Summer from Easter, and Valentines.

Bloody 'ell you might just be me. TBH with the, and I hesitate to call them this, leads we have now I really would be happy if they never scan anything ever again.

Global bazaar was cool, but it was a little pricey. I think that was the idea around the Home Design Event going MPG and 30% off the week after it set. People weren't used to it going that early though, so it didn't start selling until it was like 50% off. Even the first year of The Great Save was fun. It had a lot of stuff we don't normally carry even if it was a wholesale club feel. Now it's just bonus buys of the same stuff we carry all year round and second locations of the same stuff in the home aisles.

saying no to guests
actually having to CALL for override codes (for the satisfaction of rejecting guests who don't deserve it)
management that would agree with team members over guests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back