Archived Things you wish you could do/say....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just once, when a guest b!tches about the wait time (which is almost always 15-20 minutes), I'd like to do this:

Pull some random bottle off the shelf (preferably some ridiculously priced drug with an almost empty bottle, liquid when it calls for pills, etc.) and scan it...If it doesn't come up with a price, enter a price >$1000. Of course, the guest will ask if it's the right drug and balk at the price. I will then reply, "Well, since you don't want to wait for me to follow procedure and verify the medication is correct, enter it into the system, transmit the claim to your insurance, count the correct number of pills, have the pharmacist double-check that everything is right before I dispense it to you, THEN ring you out for it all, I guess you're willing to take whatever you get." :spiteful:

Maybe then they will realize that it's a multi-step process and we aren't just picking some arbitrary number to piss them off!!! I doubt it, but it would be priceless to see the look on their faces ;)

Going off the thread title i'll have to say you're talking about a guest. In which I will have to say: "**** You"

Always wanted to tell this C**T ETL-Food who is buddy buddy with my ex-GSTL to go eat a dick. I did come pretty close though when I quit :)

Couple guests I recall in particular that I wanted to tell go **** off. Including the guy with 20 items in express who had the nerve to complain.

Got a secret pleasure while returning a tub to the backroom of coming up behind a guest on a cell phone. It was one of those noisy tubs and I just mosied my way down the aisle in back of her. I wish I could tell every noisy guest on their cell phones to shut the hell up!

Going off the thread title i'll have to say you're talking about a guest. In which I will have to say: "**** You"

Guest, TL, other TM, vendors, anyone in relation to Spot ;)

To all the doctors....learn how to write a friggin prescription properly and maybe we'd stop calling and "bothering" you! When you write "1 BID (twice daily), every 4-6 hours", it makes no sense so yes, we're going to call to clarify! Or if you write 1QD (once daily), qty 60, 12 refills, that also makes no sense since Rxs are only good for 1 year and you can't have 12 refills on a 60-day Rx (and the patient was previously taking the same med BID). And no, we can't just "assume" anything because we don't know if the dosage was lowered and it should be qty 30 or if the directions were wrong and it should be BID. It doesn't matter that you had just sent in another Rx a month ago because doctors send in new Rxs all the time when there is already one on file!

When you service a guest and the item they are looking for is right in front of their face. My god that pisses me off. Just want too slap the SH!!!!!TTTT out of them.

When you service a guest and the item they are looking for is right in front of their face. My god that pisses me off. Just want too slap the SH!!!!!TTTT out of them.

Most of my guests that that happens to just will laugh and apologize. I usually tell them it's happened to me, too. I couldn't tell you the number of times that I've looked for something and it's right in front of my face. It can happen.

When a mom and her 2+ kids or a pack of teenage or sorority girls leave a huge mess in a shoe aisle (or multiple shoe aisles), I want to shout, "Come pick up this god awful mess, you slobs!"

When those same types of shopper as mentioned above leaves the shoe aisles as good as or better than they were when they came through, I want to weep joyfully and give them my TM discount...

To the guest buying 50+ hot wheels cars only to return them after we get the new *hot* ones.... Are you serious?!?!?!?!? I have my gs just put them in a handbasket, no point in dumping them in the reshop cart.....

OK, time to air out a pet peeve...

*grumbles, settles in...*

To all the people who, at the checklanes, AS I AM WATCHING THEM, AND THEY ARE MAKING EYE CONTACT WITH ME, put the stuff they don't want on top of the soda coolers, jam it into the gum racks ( stop it, this is NOT that kind of forum ), sling it over the magazine racks, plop it down wherever they&*%$#@ feel like, and then HEAR ME ASK THEM TO HAND IT TO ME, PLEASE, SO THAT I MAY PUT IT BACK FOR THEM....

No. No, ya WEREN'T gonna hand it to me anyway. NO, that's not where you're 'supposed" to put it. And NO, we DO NOT "have somebody on staff whose job it is to that anyway"!!! You're LAZY, you're trying to prove some kinda point, and if people came to your workplace/home/neighborhood and behaved that way, you'd be APPALLED...I hope...

OK. Sorry. Rant over. ( Had to get that out before the weekend ).

( Yes, I know I've touched on this before. Hey, I said it was a pet peeve, not breaking news.. )

To all the people who, at the checklanes, AS I AM WATCHING THEM, AND THEY ARE MAKING EYE CONTACT WITH ME, put the stuff they don't want on top of the soda coolers, jam it into the gum racks ( stop it, this is NOT that kind of forum ), sling it over the magazine racks, plop it down wherever they&*%$#@ feel like, and then HEAR ME ASK THEM TO HAND IT TO ME, PLEASE, SO THAT I MAY PUT IT BACK FOR THEM....

No. No, ya WEREN'T gonna hand it to me anyway. NO, that's not where you're 'supposed" to put it. And NO, we DO NOT "have somebody on staff whose job it is to that anyway"!!! You're LAZY, you're trying to prove some kinda point, and if people came to your workplace/home/neighborhood and behaved that way, you'd be APPALLED...I hope...

( Yes, I know I've touched on this before. Hey, I said it was a pet peeve, not breaking news.. )

This x infinity!!!!

NO!!!! We don't "automatically" call you to let you know your prescription is filled!!! We can if you specifically ask us to for a particular prescription, but as a rule, NO, we DON'T!!!

and....

Just because you "just left your doctor and he sent it before you left" or "you just talked to your doctor's office and they said they'd send it" doesn't mean it's here already! E-scripts can sometimes take a little bit to get to us because A) they supposedly go to a "clearinghouse" first (depending on the program the doctor's office uses for their e-scripts) or B) the person you spoke to STILL has to get the doctor's approval (or has other things to do first). Then, there are always the ones that are sent to the wrong pharmacy....
AND, if we HAVE received it, particularly the ones who "just left the doctor's office" (which is usually one that's <5 minutes away), NO, it's not ready yet.....see first post on the thread!!!

I don't want to say anything to most of my guests, but I have quite a few that I would love to be able to use an air horn on, especially those who are walking around the store staring at the ceiling instead of the people and carts around them, or not paying attention to anything but themselves....

Had a guest leave stuff ontop of one of the soda coolers and wander off, one of the cashiers put it in reshop. Had a great time telling the guest that I didn't know where her stuff went...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back