Archived Things You Wish Your Store's Breakroom Had

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fix the tables that are missing the feet on some ends, making them wobbly.
  2. More chairs, or keep the divider between the breakroom and conference room open all the time for a bigger breakroom.
  3. Perhaps, instead of replacing the clock, replace the old, barely working coffee maker.
  4. A ping-pong table would be cool.
Things my breakroom DOES have:
  1. 3 microwaves
  2. 2 fridges
  3. HD satellite TV and blu-ray player
  4. Old coffee maker
  5. Sometimes HR will put out some kitchen equipment and have a day where TMs can make their own lunch with provided food (pancake day, sandwiches day, super bowl party) or just put out food. After Christmas, there was so much leftover salvage-but-not-qmos and qmos-but-not-moldy food we were basically begged to take home.

Satellite? We don't even have a tv in our breakroom. Had a keurig but someone broke it (seriously how do you break it?).

We have a Wii in our break room. It's been collecting dust since I've started working there, I always thought someone just happened to play it for one day in particular and left it alone. Now that I know it's supposed to be there I should play it soon ;)

We have a Wii in our break room. It's been collecting dust since I've started working there, I always thought someone just happened to play it for one day in particular and left it alone. Now that I know it's supposed to be there I should play it soon ;)

how the fuck do you have a wii

that's awesome

We have two crock pots that are used for chili sometimes. Such as last night. SO GOOD.

I now know where some of the dented cans go

I like my store's break room, but I have a few suggestions for how to improve it:

- A separate breakroom for my TLs so I feel less weird about eating in front of them. Or at least a floor length curtain that can be boxed around their tables.
- Some decorations to spruce up the place
- Getting rid of those tiny ants we have around the sink
- Provide bagels for the flow team as well as the rest of the morning crew, or at least throw out the evidence so I don't feel left out
- More salad days because I really like salads
- Actual sodas in the cooler instead of just ice
- Some goddamn forks in the fork drawer for once. It's just spoons in there and I get tricked every time.

I like my store's break room, but I have a few suggestions for how to improve it:

- A separate breakroom for my TLs so I feel less weird about eating in front of them. Or at least a floor length curtain that can be boxed around their tables.
- Provide bagels for the flow team as well as the rest of the morning crew, or at least throw out the evidence so I don't feel left out
- Some goddamn forks in the fork drawer for once. It's just spoons in there and I get tricked every time.

Im lucky, my TLs eat in the TL office

What's the big deal about eating in the same room with a TL?

Reactions: soL
A can opener, paper plates and bowls so I don't have to bring my own from home, basically everyday necessities because BBQ tongs are useless to me and idk why we have them yet we don't have a damn can opener!

What's wrong with eating with your TL's? I've come to be good friends with some of mine with time because we talk during our lunches. Makes working with them a lot easier.

What's wrong with eating with your TL's? I've come to be good friends with some of mine with time because we talk during our lunches. Makes working with them a lot easier.

When I say TLs I really just mean the ETLs. The ETLs tend to want to be left alone.

1. Fix the tables that are missing the feet on some ends, making them wobbly.
  2. More chairs, or keep the divider between the breakroom and conference room open all the time for a bigger breakroom.
  3. Perhaps, instead of replacing the clock, replace the old, barely working coffee maker.
  4. A ping-pong table would be cool.
Things my breakroom DOES have:
  1. 3 microwaves
  2. 2 fridges
  3. HD satellite TV and blu-ray player
  4. Old coffee maker
  5. Sometimes HR will put out some kitchen equipment and have a day where TMs can make their own lunch with provided food (pancake day, sandwiches day, super bowl party) or just put out food. After Christmas, there was so much leftover salvage-but-not-qmos and qmos-but-not-moldy food we were basically begged to take home.
Sounds EXACTLY like my store.....
I'd just like heat in ours, it's friggin FREEZING!!!

I was told the thermostat is controlled by corporate. It's quite warm at my store... too warm!

Because my work week at the DC consists of three back-to-back (and very physically exhausting) 12 hr shifts, I really wouldn't mind having a separate area with cots. I would have no problem living on-site for three days, if it meant I could get some more sleep than I do...

I was told the thermostat is controlled by corporate. It's quite warm at my store... too warm!

Yeah, we get a lot of complaints about that around here during the summer. Even guest complaints don't make a difference.

Yeah, we get a lot of complaints about that around here during the summer. Even guest complaints don't make a difference.
It's because in MN during the winter it's cold as fuck sometimes, although we're doing better than the northeast this year. We have super-power heaters right by the entrances to keep the heat in the store.

The etls in my store, love to sit in the breakroom....and it makes it so uncomfortable for everyone else.
Oh I know but luckily at my Target They usually hang out in their office or they go outside for a smoke break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back