Archived think i need to quit

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont have the time anymore, its basically too late lol that is why im quitting. even when i got scheduled after they knew they didnt fix it for me they told me to find people to cover

i honestly dont care what u think because i know what i did. i gave them plenty of notice

yet you didn't talk to an ETL or LOD?
laziness on both ends?

Laughing-Tom-Cruise-Meme-01.jpg

yall can say whatever. i tried to work it out
so if i call tomorrow because i have to call out anyways, should i just tell the LOD that im quitting? im really socially anxious and i dont know how the lod will react.

yeah thats what i was trying to avoid the whole non rehirable. honestly i am a good worker for target and all the people like me and i just dont want it to go down that way, but i cant work any of my shifts for the next two weeks, so i dont know what to do.
also... i myself know i tried to get it fixed and its at the point where theres nothing else i can do. i talked to many people and was told it would get taken care of, only to check the schedule and see it didnt, went back and talked to someone again, said itll get taken care of, and guess what? it didnt get taken care of. i honestly dont care what u think because i know what i did. i gave them plenty of notice

Unfortunately, if you quit without a 2 week notice, YOU are the one to have consequences, even though Spot has majorly dropped the ball here. I understand why you're so frustrated. However, you're the one that will be screwed, not Spot.

Auto denied means they never looked at it. So they never bothered. That is the reason you are quitting they can't be bothered you can't be bothered.
I'd like someone to explain to me how My Time is do much better that the old way (fill out a form & put in your TL's mailbox)! I have had SO many requests get Auto Denied because no one looked at them. I have made it MY policy to talk to my TL & the HR team member if a request sits around for a few days & they have always worked my time off requests out. It is SO very, very frustrating to use the apparatus (My Time) that has been provided for time off or schedule changes and constantly have it not work the way it is supposed to! My favorite was when I filled out the request, clicked send and somehow it went to the mailbox of an ETL that wasn't MY ETL. So she denied my request because it wasn't supposed to go to her! I explained to our wonderful (NO sarcasm intended) HR TM that "Tinkerbell fills out the form & clicks send & has NO control over WHOSE mailbox it ends up in!!!" She just rolled her eyes & put my time off in the computer, that is why she's a wonderful HR TM!

Unfortunately, if you quit without a 2 week notice, YOU are the one to have consequences, even though Spot has majorly dropped the ball here. I understand why you're so frustrated. However, you're the one that will be screwed, not Spot.
okay what consequences exactly? because i dont think i have any other options

If an ETL is leaving do they lose their powers to change availability before their final day? Want to ask my ETL for a favor before he's gone.

ok but cant i just not tell them i even worked at target? my problem is i cant come in to my shifts of the next two weeks, had i known they werent going to cooperate with the availability i would have quit two weeks ago and been able to actually give them two weeks.

ok but cant i just not tell them i even worked at target? my problem is i cant come in to my shifts of the next two weeks, had i known they werent going to cooperate with the availability i would have quit two weeks ago and been able to actually give them two weeks.

or you could you use this valuable time on this forum and drive yourself into the store and talk to HR, in person about this. matter and resolve it.

Most employers do background checks, so Target will pop up. If you don't list it, then you've just lied on your application.....probably won't get a job offer if you do that.

I totally see how Spot is messing with you, but you leaving without a notice, just screws you in the long run.

Call out, then fill out the 2 week form when you work the next shift. You never know you might want to come back to spot as a 2nd job.

I've not included jobs before on resumes and had background checks and still got hired. So it might not be a big deal on that end but I do agree with everyone here you should call tomorrow and let them know that you have tried to change your availability and they were auto ignored. Yeah you could have tried harder and found someone to talk to OR left a note.. Something.. But you should honestly go in person tomorrow and talk to someone and get it sorted out and just take the hit for the call in tomorrow.

Do you not have an HR-TL? I can't believe that someone in that capacity would willfully ignore your requests. Whenever I've been scheduled out of availability, I go back to the computer and re-do the availability request, including a note as to why I was requesting it again. I also handwrote a note for the HR-TL and stuck it on her computer. My shifts have always been changed both on the computer and on the grid (with a handwritten note from the HR-TL) within a day or so. The next time I saw her, I had a face-to-face conversation with her. Something is clearly odd here. Either you aren't talking to the right people or you aren't making a good effort. Just my impression...

Most employers do background checks, so Target will pop up. If you don't list it, then you've just lied on your application.....probably won't get a job offer if you do that.

I totally see how Spot is messing with you, but you leaving without a notice, just screws you in the long run.

I don't know about that. As an employer, I wouldn't expect to see a complete work history with every single past employment, especially if the applicant is applying for a job in a non-retail field.

If you're going to quit don't even bother telling them. No matter what you do you'll end up on the dont rehire list so there is no point in wasting your phones battery calling them

I don't know about that. As an employer, I wouldn't expect to see a complete work history with every single past employment, especially if the applicant is applying for a job in a non-retail field.

The OP mentioned a school schedule/conflict, so I assumed they were fairly young without a significant job history. Maybe I am wrong?? If the work history is on the short side, references and a thumbs up from the prior employer matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back