Archived Think of the children

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's about a dozen regulars I'll see daily, who haul their kids in and trapse about the store for an hour or so.

I know these people are either; addicted to shopping, have nowhere else to go, or think Target is just as safe as the park.

But, I wonder what kind of mental damage is being done to a kid that visits Target (or any store really) on a regular basis. Will they grow up to be uber consumers? Will they have fond memories of all the times they went to Target? What kind of connections are being made in their tiny little brains.

Maybe they'll turn into the Hot Wheel creepers when they get older?!

Maybe they'll be dead when they get older.

My dad worked at Target. I remember shopping alot at Target growing up. I work at Target now. My sister even has a job with Target. I must be fucked up then.

I'd would surely hope not. I hope the children I see aren't irrevocably messed up either.

Just positing the lasting effects that daily shopping may have on these kids.

I had fond memories of shopping at Bradlees and Caldor with my Mom as a child. I also loved eating in the dining area at Kmart too. None of that exists anymore. Maybe the same will happen with Target.

I hate people who decide to bring their caravan of kids to target on the daily as if it’s some kind of activity or event. Quit ruining our zones and crowding up the store! If you’re not buying anything, please leave. Thank u

There's about a dozen regulars I'll see daily, who haul their kids in and trapse about the store for an hour or so.

I know these people are either; addicted to shopping, have nowhere else to go, or think Target is just as safe as the park.

But, I wonder what kind of mental damage is being done to a kid that visits Target (or any store really) on a regular basis. Will they grow up to be uber consumers? Will they have fond memories of all the times they went to Target? What kind of connections are being made in their tiny little brains.

Maybe they'll turn into the Hot Wheel creepers when they get older?!
I have to say my kid is one of the kid that hates going to any stores except if it’s baskin and robin. He always want to go either skateing or trampoline parks.

My Mom never let me run amuck and she instilled the fear that I would get stolen if I left her side.

Today, I saw a child (probably 3-4 maybe) running down the back aisle of toys. Stopping and looking at random things. They appeared to be alone. I asked if they knew where their parents where. He shouted, "Mom!" a few times. From the main aisle of toys, I heard, "-----, Where are you?!" Then a few minutes later after some more back and forth yelling. A woman, with a cart and another baby, reach the opening of the aisle we're standing in.

Seriously, zero line of site on her and this kid. Maybe 5-6 aisles apart actually.

🤷🏻‍♂️😕

That's crazy! I would have been crying my eyes out if I was that child. I once took my son to story time at Barnes and Noble and I lost site of my son for maybe a minute and the absolute feeling of dread I felt was sickening. He was at the Thomas the train table the whole time but I really thought I was going to hurl. I think everyone is so freaking distracted nowadays... put down your phone and teach your kids how to act like a civilized human beings!

Me and my 'lil bro never got an asswhupping from our daddy that we didn't deserve.

I would have been crying my eyes out if I was that child.
The kid could hear mom responding, so no reason to fear in the mind of the typical child. Mom's close enough to talk to, far enough away that I can get into all sorts of stuff, world's fine.

we have a family that is really in our store every single day. there is a mom, occassionally a grandma, three daughters and one of the three daughters has a baby they push in a stroller. sometimes the split up and other times they stay together. they’ll check out multiple times throughout the day too. you think they left, but nope! three hours later they have another couple things of coffee or something.

luckily, they never complain about prices or anything, but they also aren’t friendly at all. not like typical regulars, which is kind of nice but strange. is there nothing better for them to do with their lives?

I threw up at Weinerschnitzel once.

*edit: as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back